This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota Gophers Season Thread: 2014-2015

The Gophers start their 2014-2015 season next Friday at the Ice Breaker against UMD, but have an exhibition game this Saturday at Mariucci at 7PM against Northern Alberta Institute of Technology. Can't wait to watch some Gopher Hockey!

Preview from Gophersports

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m...093014aab.html

The top-ranked Gopher Hockey program opens the 2014-15 season on Saturday, Oct. 4 with an exhibition game at Mariucci Arena against the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology. Game time is set for 7 p.m. CT.

Preseason Favorites
    With almost 90 percent of the team's goals and over 85 percent of the team's points coming back from a year ago as well as All-American Adam Wilcox in net, the Gophers were picked No. 1 in both national preseason polls this week. Minnesota totaled 978 points in the preseason USCHO.com Division I Men's Poll as well as 36 of 50 first-place votes while the team also led all schools in the USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine poll with 505 total points and 32 of 34 first-place votes. The Maroon & Gold were also picked to finish first in the Big Ten Conference last week, according to the league's preseason coaches poll.
    Originally posted by CavalryNate
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
    sigpic

Re: Minnesota Gophers Season Thread: 2014-2015

Arrow needed.

Arrow got.
    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Article in the PP today about the Gophers who came back to the program instead of turning pro.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_...asons-sticking
      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
        Article in the PP today about the Gophers who came back to the program instead of turning pro.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_...asons-sticking
        I like this quote from Reilly:
        "It's a great experience for me playing with them and to at least have one more year to bond with them and live with them -- (it's) something you can't pass up," he said.

Comment

Didn't see this one posted.

http://http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2014/10/01_preseason_top_10.php

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
            I like this quote from Reilly:
            Reading too much into that one, I'd say.

Comment

Or this one:

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...ng_classes.php
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                Reading too much into that one, I'd say.
                I don't really expect to win the Powerball either, but I'll buy a ticket once in awhile to keep the dream alive. What is wrong with that?

Comment

Anyone paying the bucks for BTN+ to watch the game?

Comment

Whenever there's been a game time conflict at home between the men and the women, I've always favored Mariucci. But in the case of tonight's exhibition game, I'm making an exception. The women's game vs. 6th-ranked BU should be much more interesting.

Comment

No. I was mad when I found I had to pay for the women's game last night. Not going to happen. It's probably cheaper just to go to the (women's) game.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Thoughts about how the team looked from anyone who was there or watched the stream? To be honest I thought they would win by more than five.

Comment

Just got back from the game, it went as expected.

1st period - canadian team had some legs we were finding ours, we go up 1-0

2nd period - we start looking a little better and go up 3-0

3rd period - we had long stretches where it looked like we were on the PP and the canucks looked gassed, win 5-0

Freshman - I thought #3 (Glover) looked pretty solid on D and #4 (Johnson) was pretty calm with the puck, Bristedt will probably be a fun player to watch as he gets used to College. Didn't notice much of anyone else, but they were playing quite a few guys tonight.

Bring on the real season!
                          sigpic

Comment

Tough to accept we won't be watching them next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                              Just got back from the game, it went as expected.

1st period - canadian team had some legs we were finding ours, we go up 1-0

2nd period - we start looking a little better and go up 3-0

3rd period - we had long stretches where it looked like we were on the PP and the canucks looked gassed, win 5-0

Freshman - I thought #3 (Glover) looked pretty solid on D and #4 (Johnson) was pretty calm with the puck, Bristedt will probably be a fun player to watch as he gets used to College. Didn't notice much of anyone else, but they were playing quite a few guys tonight.

Bring on the real season!
                              Did Wilcox play the whole game?

Comment

Working...
                              X