Hockey East Pick 'Ems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hockey East Pick 'Ems

Inspired by FS23's work ethic, I have decided to resurrect the HE picks contest for 2014-2015. I mean chit, what else is there to do this winter?

Here's how it works

1 point for picking the winner of the game
    2 points for picking the winner and correct score
    2 points for picking a tie
    3 points for picking a tie and the correct score

If you want to indulge, email your uscho name to: hockeyeastpicks@gmail.com

I will forward to you each week the link to the Google spreadsheet for that week. After your uscho name is entered on the ss by me, you can enter your score predictions up to the start time of the first game that weekend. Since I am lazy, the ss calculates the scores each week. But you are responsible for entering your predictions.

I have it setup to begin as exhibition only for this first week, but get your emails to hockeyeastpicks@gmail.com as soon as possible so you don't miss out on the real beginning of the season.

Good luck.
    sure why not

Re: Hockey East Pick 'Ems

I should mention - make sure you email from the address you want to receive future notifications of the spreadsheet link.

Also, hacks Dave Hendrickson and Jim Connelly are automatically included. I figure these "experts"will do well to stay in the middle of the pack.
    sure why not

Comment

With them picking and you running the show, it will be a hack-a-rama. I might just get drunk enough some night to submit some picks.
      bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
      SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
      All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
      A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

With them picking and you running the show, it will be a hack-a-rama. *I might* just *get drunk enough* * some night* to submit some picks.

Dontchya mean will get hammered every night on Boones Farm wine like you always do, ya alcy hack
        Last edited by all bear; 10-01-2014, 10:36 AM.
        sure why not

Comment

We will be awarding the to be highly coveted HE Pickers team trophy this year for the first time. The trophy is basically thin air but does give the winning HE team pickers bragging rights for a season. Each HE team will be comprised of the top two finishers, or 3 if enough participation, that are affiliated with or are fans of that team. So if it is not obvious from your uscho moniker who you are a fan of , let me know via email.
          Last edited by all bear; 10-01-2014, 10:37 AM.
          sure why not

Comment

I just signed up.
            So sorry, but the rest of you are now playing for second place.
            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
              With them picking and you running the show, it will be a hack-a-rama. *I might* just *get drunk enough* * some night* to submit some picks.

Dontchya mean will get hammered every night on Boones Farm wine like you always do, ya alcy hack
              Don't be dissing the Farm - I made good money selling that in my first career.

And nice job with the Reply With Quote function. How old are you? 90?
              bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
              SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
              All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
              A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                Don't be dissing the Farm - I made good money selling that in my first career.

And nice job with the Reply With Quote function. How old are you? 90?
                Not even close. Should by some stretch of the imagination you should win, I think a champ picker like you should be awarded a boogah.. So I will make it happen.
                sure why not

Comment

Anyone having trouble making an entry might try hitting the Esc button first. Why this works, I dunno. Must be a Google thing. Unfortunately Editgrid which we used a few years ago is not free anymore.
                  sure why not

Comment

We need participation from Merrimack, UNH, UCONN, BU and UMass. Following schools are represented:

UMaine
                    UVM
                    NU
                    UML
                    BC
                    PC
                    ND
                    sure why not

Comment

Well, now you got one for UNH. Maybe Snively65 will join me to complete the team.
                      Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Still need another from UNH, ND and NU. Think there are no fans left from MC,UCONN or UMA. Or BU for that matter ! Can you believe that. ?
                        Last edited by all bear; 10-04-2014, 07:26 AM.
                        sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                          Still need another from UNH, ND and NU. Think there are no fans left from MC,UCONN or UMA. Or BU for that matter ! Can you believe that. ?
                          What Amherst fans there are seem to stay to their basketball forum to discuss hockey. Not sure if its worth posting there just to get them involved or not, but just a thought.
                          BS UMass Lowell 2015
                          PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
                            Well, now you got one for UNH. Maybe Snively65 will join me to complete the team.
                            Go for it, Aerman; represent UNH well. I will be away from internet access for about six weeks mid-season, so I would be a liability on any team pick 'ems this year.

Comment

Can't blame them for not wanting anyone to know they were rooting for any of those schools !!!!

We need participation from Merrimack, UNH, UCONN, BU and UMass.

Comment

Working...
                              X