Ohio State vs New Hampshire 10/3 - 10/4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State vs New Hampshire 10/3 - 10/4

This coming weekend, Ohio State welcomes New Hampshire for a big non-league series. Last season, Ohio State went up to New Hampshire and swept the Wildcats, but this is a new season. The Buckeyes tied Western Ontario in their exhibition game yesterday 2-2, then went on to win the shootout. Every player who dressed for the game played, including all three goalies. It is not known which goaltender will start this weekend. FR Kassidy Sauve started the exhibition game, and FR Alex LaMere played the second period, with each of them only giving up one goal. RS-JR Stacy Danczak played the final period, the OT, and the shootout, and didn't give up any goals. The Buckeyes have some talented freshmen who will see ice time, along with 17 letterwinners from last season. Should be an interesting series. Last year after Ohio State swept the Wildcats on the road, several UNH fans commented that the Bucks were a lot better than their record indicated. Will UNH return the favor this season and sweep on the road? Will it be a Buckeye sweep again, or a split? Time will tell. UNH fans, have a safe trip down and let us know about your team and what we can expect next weekend!

Re: Ohio State vs New Hampshire 10/3 - 10/4

I watched the maine game this weekend. Maine outplayed unh in each period. Appeared unh wore down in the third. Maine was constantly applying pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by dontblink View Post
      I watched the maine game this weekend. Maine outplayed unh in each period. Appeared unh wore down in the third. Maine was constantly applying pressure.
      Going to be a long season for the Wildcats.

Comment

Well osualum86, it will be hard to see how we could sweep you guys this weekend, if only because we've only had about 8 days on the ice beginning the season.....if this is true for your team as well, then we might see some even games but from watching the Maine-UNH, I would think that as we are such a young team, with near half the team new to UNH, a split would be encouraging...while I have confidence in our new Coach Witt, it does add more variables to the on-ice product when you realize this is her inaugural season, as is the case for new ***'t Coach Bowes...and I'm sure a completely new system to learn!
        So if you add it all up, it will be a great 2 game series to catch.....for UNH fans, the progression we get to watch as this season unfolds will be exciting! For fans that will be wearing red and silver, you'll get to see some competitive hockey.....enjoy the games!

Comment

Where UNH has an advantage is that OSU graduated its primary goaltenders from the last several years, so the Buckeyes have to sort that position out. I understand the problem of new coach and new systems with little time to learn them, but BSU seemed to do okay in spite of that at Robert Morris this weekend, so who knows?
          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by dontblink View Post
            I was at the game Saturday, and noticed the energy decline as well. It seemed like UNH was on fumes in the 3rd. That said, I had a few conversations with parents of players, who said their D's reported some really tough practices in the first week, and one mention of "dead legs" going into the game.

Considering the coaching staff pretty much rolled 4 lines, and did not seem to have set special teams ( whoever was up next on PP went out intact, and I did not notice PK pairings that varied from line charts), I would speculate that they wanted to see what they had, and how all the new players reacted under game pressure.

Transfer Lund looked good, and if she continues to play with intensity, will be a nice add for the 'Cats. Breedlove was on the blueline, and played a solid offensive game, creating the play that led to the one UNH goal. Defensively, there is quite a bit of tightening for everyone.

One conspicuous absence from the line up (and the building I believe) was Senior forward, Jenna Lascelle.

I imagine there will be some tweaks to the line up, and with another week of work and familiarity, let's hope the 'Cats can hold down the fort defensively, and generate some quality offensive pressure. ON Saturday, there were numerous odd man rushes squandered when the puck carrier held the puck, drew the goaltender, and shot into her, when a slide across would have resulted in a slam dunk goal. Painful to see, and hopefully they watched film and had to sit through those missed opportunities as well, and will recognize the passing option next time.

In net, Vilma was solid, and made a few saves that looked like certain goals.
            Last edited by DC78-82; 09-30-2014, 07:41 AM.
            "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Geez DC, if only you knew the game.....and could see what's going on during the game.....sheeeesh!

Comment

Thanks everyone for the posts on New Hampshire! Should be an interesting series this weekend. ARM brought up a good point about our team in that we need to get the goaltender position sorted out. One of our three goaltenders needs to separate from the other two. Which one it will be is anyone's guess as they all looked solid in the exhibition game Sunday. Can't wait to get to the OSU Ice Rink Friday. For those coming in who have not yet checked the schedule, our Friday games are starting at 6:00 this season. In previous seasons, the Friday night games had been starting at 7:00.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                  Thanks everyone for the posts on New Hampshire! Should be an interesting series this weekend. ARM brought up a good point about our team in that we need to get the goaltender position sorted out. One of our three goaltenders needs to separate from the other two. Which one it will be is anyone's guess as they all looked solid in the exhibition game Sunday. Can't wait to get to the OSU Ice Rink Friday. For those coming in who have not yet checked the schedule, our Friday games are starting at 6:00 this season. In previous seasons, the Friday night games had been starting at 7:00.
                  Since I won't be home until 6:30 or so Friday, and plan on going to the BC - Syracuse game on Saturday, I won't be able to stream the games live. Anyone in Buckeye land know whether the $9.95 monthly pass gives access to the archived games during that time period?
                  Last edited by DC78-82; 09-30-2014, 02:04 PM.
                  "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Could the Buckeyes use a little added inspiration...motivation for this NC challenge?

Let the Beaver spirits guide you!
                    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
                      Since I won't be home until 6:30 or so Friday, and plan on going to the BC - Syracuse game on Saturday, I won't be able to stream the games live. Anyone in Buckeye land know whether the $9.95 monthly pass gives access to the archived games during that time period?
                      DC, thanks for the rep, Buddy! Hey, I wish I could give you a definitive answer on BuckeyeVision, but I can't because I don't use it. I am normally at every home game, so I have never had the need. Occasionally, I will pay a per game fee to some other school's website to watch a road game, but I honestly couldn't tell you about BuckeyeVision. Enjoy that BC vs Syracuse game!

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                        Could the Buckeyes use a little added inspiration...motivation for this NC challenge?

Let the Beaver spirits guide you!
                        That was quite a performance by Bemidji, sweeping Robert Morris on the road this past weekend. Good for them ... and good for the WCHA, too! How are the Gophers looking, Brook? Have you seen them play yet? Hey, I would be remiss if I didn't wish Amanda Kessel the best. Hope she recovers from her injury and is able to get back on the ice soon! She is a fabulous player! A couple seasons ago, Crazy Dave took my picture with her when the Gophers were in Columbus. Seemed like a really nice young lady.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                          How are the Gophers looking, Brook? Have you seen them play yet? Hey, I would be remiss if I didn't wish Amanda Kessel the best. Hope she recovers from her injury and is able to get back on the ice soon! She is a fabulous player! A couple seasons ago, Crazy Dave took my picture with her when the Gophers were in Columbus. Seemed like a really nice young lady.
                          Kate Flug looked much improved during a scrimmage a few of us got to witness. Beyond that, I don't know much... We're going to miss Amanda yet another season and we're keeping fingers crossed that she'll come back next season.

I'm not making the trip to Columbus this year because it's still during football season and the Gophers have a home game against... ummm... who are they playing? Oh... yeah... Ohio State. The better weekend for Gopher fans will probably be there. Oh well...
                          Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
                          Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
                          Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Do you know if it is possible to view the OSU-NH game on-line?

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                              Do you know if it is possible to view the OSU-NH game on-line?

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/col.../?media=465402

Here is the link. I checked earlier, and it's $9.95 for a 30 day pass, so you can watch both games, and possibly a few others.

Comment

Working...
                              X