LSSU Lakers 2014-15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LSSU Lakers 2014-15

Gees and yet Whitten got the job in the Soo and Shawhan ended up at Tech. I should buy lottery tickets because that was one hell of a prediction that came true.

Comment

The main takeaway I got from the Laker Hockey Show last evening (and an earlier short interview with Paul VanWagoner) is that Damon wants to play an uptempo game. Whether he's got the players to do it yet, or he has the players but they're not yet up to where he wants them from a conditioning standpoint, or some of both, remains to be seen. He mentioned that there were some disappointments in early physical condition tests but there has since been quite a bit of improvement. He mentioned that a couple of guys were still struggling with the running part of the program but were working hard at it. He wants the guys to play hard and aggressive (without taking a lot of penalties), be better at puck control, and keep improving. Conditioning will have to be a big part of that.

Comment

Bill,you and I have been saying for years that conditioning and strength were the areas the Lakers needed to have an advantage over most teams to give the Lakers an edge that may win them games. What did Anzalone say on his second tour ? Anzalone said only one guy could bench 290 pounds and the whole team needed to be there in strength.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
          Bill,you and I have been saying for years that conditioning and strength were the areas the Lakers needed to have an advantage over most teams to give the Lakers an edge that may win them games. What did Anzalone say on his second tour ? Anzalone said only one guy could bench 290 pounds and the whole team needed to be there in strength.
          It sounds like Damon is determined to improve conditioning and strength.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
            It sounds like Damon is determined to improve conditioning and strength.

That should help make the team more consistent.
            BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
              The main takeaway I got from the Laker Hockey Show last evening (and an earlier short interview with Paul VanWagoner) is that Damon wants to play an uptempo game. Whether he's got the players to do it yet, or he has the players but they're not yet up to where he wants them from a conditioning standpoint, or some of both, remains to be seen. He mentioned that there were some disappointments in early physical condition tests but there has since been quite a bit of improvement. He mentioned that a couple of guys were still struggling with the running part of the program but were working hard at it. He wants the guys to play hard and aggressive (without taking a lot of penalties), be better at puck control, and keep improving. Conditioning will have to be a big part of that.
              What link did you use to listen to that? I no longer had the link saved, and only saw where it said the link to the coaches show was coming soon on the 99.5 yes fm site.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                What link did you use to listen to that? I no longer had the link saved, and only saw where it said the link to the coaches show was coming soon on the 99.5 yes fm site.
                It's on WKNW ESPN 1400 AM. Here's a WKNW page, with the streaming link on the bottom. http://tunein.com/radio/WKNW-1400-s30319/

Comment

Here is the Pod cast of tonights Coacher Show on Eagle 95.1. The 3rd Segment features LSSU Senior Asst. Captain Stephen Perfetto

http://paul.30below.com/Eagle%2095.1...0Show/9-30-14/

Comment

Nice interview with Stephen, he's a quality young man.

I can't wait until Saturday gets here. I'm thinking (and hoping) last years freshman class will take a huge step forward to help the Lakers offence along with Ciotti, Perfetto and Dommett. With a new coach and a clean slate it's hard to predict what incoming freshmen will have an impact.

On the blueline behind Drapluck and Loesch it's a crapshoot who will step up. Personally I think Spratte will work his way in to the line up. When he played last year he seemed to skate well and the never missed a beat.

The goaltending is the biggest question mark for me. Has anyone watched any practices to shed a little light on who seems to be the front runner ?
                    BLEED BLUE

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2014...-twitter-fight
                      "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

NMU hasn't had much more success the past 20 years. They haven't won a league regular season and playoff championship since 1992 and haven't won a NCAA tournament game since 1993.
                        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

FYI - That is NOT the official Twitter account for LSSU Hockey. @HockeyLSSU is the official account.

Comment

LSSU vs. MTU series preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVLK-bNQtxk

Comment

Finally It's Game Day !!!
                              BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                                Finally It's Game Day !!!
                                The weather sure feels like hockey season.

Comment

Working...
                                X