LSSU Lakers 2014-15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2014-15

Good luck in Alaska. You've got a very young team, but one that works their butts off. It will take some time, but the potential is there and I think Damon is on the right track.
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

"Risk is the sort of word that is easy to discuss upfront but tough to handle when it comes time to pay the piper. There will always be some who wimp out and second-guess when the pain hits, but that is a childish reaction."
      -Nathan Myhrvold

Comment

Was there a Laker Hockey Show last night?
        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
          Was there a Laker Hockey Show last night?
          I think so, but don't know for sure. I wasn't home so I planned to listed to the podcast of the show, but it isn't available yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
            I think so, but don't know for sure. I wasn't home so I planned to listed to the podcast of the show, but it isn't available yet.
            There was a show and the podcast is finally up. I'm guessing they forgot to put it up last night.
            LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Lakers just picked up another commitment. Matt McArdle a d-man from the Fargo Force of the USHL. Going to be some serious competition for playing time next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakerchum View Post
                Lakers just picked up another commitment. Matt McArdle a d-man from the Fargo Force of the USHL. Going to be some serious competition for playing time next year.
                He made a quick decision. He was just in for a visit. A little more info from Fargo: http://www.fargoforce.com/news_artic...rer_id=1276425

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                  Good luck in Alaska. You've got a very young team, but one that works their butts off. It will take some time, but the potential is there and I think Damon is on the right track.
                  Yep. Hopefully we'll see some good progress later this season as the young D matures and makes fewer mistakes.

Comment

Plenty of guys to follow. At this point I think we have 11 guys in the pipeline, 10 of them forwards. There is also a transfer in school, another forward. And there have been a couple of more guys in for visits.
                    Bill I believe the transfer that was coming in from out east is not enrolled and decided to go somewhere else. Still good to see the coaching staff hitting the road to find all the potential recruits they are bringing in. Also good to see the USHL being looked at more. Not sure when the signing period is but should be a busy one.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakerchum View Post
                      Bill I believe the transfer that was coming in from out east is not enrolled and decided to go somewhere else. Still good to see the coaching staff hitting the road to find all the potential recruits they are bringing in. Also good to see the USHL being looked at more. Not sure when the signing period is but should be a busy one.
                      OK, thanks Lakerchum. I had heard that there was a kid from UMass that was transferring in and figured he was in school. I doubt we offered him much other than a chance to make the team next season and if he played well enough the possibility of future scholarship money. Maybe he got a better offer elsewhere.

I think the early signing period is Nov 12-19.

Comment

Seems like a lot of players are coming in next season. Is Whitton going to pull an Anzalone and get rid of 9-11 players as Anzalone did his second time around ?

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                          Seems like a lot of players are coming in next season. Is Whitton going to pull an Anzalone and get rid of 9-11 players as Anzalone did his second time around ?
                          Hard to say how many players will be coming in next season. The recruiting websites aren't always accurate about when players will actually start playing for their respective schools. e.g. College Hockey Inc shows Gauthier and Gamelin coming in 2015-16, but I think they are at least two seasons away. I've heard Whitten say that he doesn't like the current balance between classes. We only have 3 Seniors this season. He prefers at least six in a class. Plus he doesn't want to be in a situation three years from now where we are having to play 4-5 freshmen defensemen again.

Personally I like a roster size of 26. I don't know what number Whitten prefers; I've heard him say 30 or 31 like MTU has is too big. I think we are going to have larger rosters than we are used to in the next couple of years while Damon is rebuilding the team and getting more balance between classes. I suspect the roster size will eventually shrink back to a more normal size.

Even though we only have 3 Seniors, I'm guessing we'll have at least 5 or 6 new guys next season, with at least 3 or 4 of them being forwards.

Comment

Hard to say how many players will be coming in next season. The recruiting websites aren't always accurate about when players will actually start playing for their respective schools. e.g. College Hockey Inc shows Gauthier and Gamelin coming in 2015-16, but I think they are at least two seasons away. I've heard Whitten say that he doesn't like the current balance between classes. We only have 3 Seniors this season. He prefers at least six in a class. Plus he doesn't want to be in a situation three years from now where we are having to play 4-5 freshmen defensemen again.

Personally I like a roster size of 26. I don't know what number Whitten prefers; I've heard him say 30 or 31 like MTU has is too big. I think we are going to have larger rosters than we are used to in the next couple of years while Damon is rebuilding the team and getting more balance between classes. I suspect the roster size will eventually shrink back to a more normal size.

Even though we only have 3 Seniors, I'm guessing we'll have at least 5 or 6 new guys next season, with at least 3 or 4 of them being forwards.
                            How many was this class originally at? I believe the following players were supposed to be seniors this season, but I could have them off a year.

1. Zach Czuczman - signed pro
                            2. Buddy Robinson - signed pro
                            3. Nick Sprekl (Sp?) - left due to injury
                            4. Kellen Ainsworth -

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                              How many was this class originally at? I believe the following players were supposed to be seniors this season, but I could have them off a year.

4. Kellen Ainsworth -
                              Kevin Czuczman, still impressed you got the last name though. T.J. Wees I think would be in his senior season now also.
                              BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post

4. Kellen Ainsworth -
                                Probably started out at 6. I think Shkreli was a year ahead of them.

Edit. Right about Wees, so that makes 7 although I think he was a recruited walk-on.
                                Last edited by Bill; 10-30-2014, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X