• Show
Clear All

• RPI 2014-2015: Goin' back to the playoffs

Ralph's wish is my command.

Re: RPI 2014-2015: Goin' back to the playoffs

Thanks.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Always a little anxious at this time of year to find out how well the team will be covered by audio and video. WRPI already shows that all RPI men's games will be covered (anything less would not fly) but show no women's games covered. In actual fact, each year, they seem to cover as many home games as they can where there is not a conflict with a men's game. And RPITV has not yet posted a schedule for coverage of either team. But...very surprised and encouraged to see that RPITV will be covering this weekend's women's exhibition opener versus Ottawa: http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...spx?path=whock
      Last edited by hab; 09-25-2014, 05:29 PM.

Comment

RPI Lines...http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...rt.pdf?id=1896
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
          Lauren Wash injured?
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
            Lauren Wash injured?
            Don't know why she's not in the lineup but here's hoping it's short term: top goal scorer last year on a team that struggles to put the puck in the net.

Comment

Unimpressive 2-0 win over Ottawa Jr. Senators tonight. But, that's okay, it is September.

Now for the positives: the 4 freshmen looked like they belonged in D1. Renn scored one of the goals on a quick snap shot and on a couple other occasions demonstrated a nice quick release. Kimmerle...very mobile defenceman. Tomlinson also looked good. Raspa didn't seem to get as much ice time but looked good when she was out there.

Among returning players, Godin and Rooney looked very good. Expected to see a bit more from Mahoney and Gruschow, but like I said, it is September.

Goalies: O'Brien saw virtually no scoring threats during her 30 minutes. Piper faced one serious Ottawa power play and was very strong.

Overall, the team doesn't seem to have quite the jump and playmaking that they had out of the gate last year, and heading into a tough road trip to UND and Bemidji that is a concern, but no teams look really smooth at this time of year.
              Last edited by hab; 09-26-2014, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Ottawa and Union tied 2-2, so if you believe in comparison scores (which I don't), we're still better than Union.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  ... if you believe in comparison scores (which I don't), we're still better than Union.
                  Even if you don't believe in comparison scores, I'd hazard a guess that you're better than Union. The only reason it is a guess and not a certainty is that the Dutchwomen have better goaltending.
                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                    Even if you don't believe in comparison scores, I'd hazard a guess that you're better than Union. The only reason it is a guess and not a certainty is that the Dutchwomen have better goaltending.
                    If I don't post in the subjunctive, it could come back to haunt me, like when I predicted the RPI men would finish above Union last season.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Oh look, there's a new thread. Let's go Red!
                      RPI Pep Band
                      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

RPI lost tonight 7-1 but I am really quite happy with what I saw from the Engineers. First, UND is incredibly talented and will certainly finish this season higher than their current #7-#8 ranking. I expect to see them in the final four. You might label tonight's game "the Becca Kohler/Meghan Dufault show". Just back from the Cdn national team camp, these two are likely to be wearing the maple leaf in many international tournaments over the years.

Positives for the Engineers: 1) Kelly O'Brien looked very good...not one of the goals was soft...most were breakaways or 2 on 1s or shots off the post and mostly by the aforementioned Kohler/Dufault duo. 2) I really like our (second or third?) line of Tomlinson, Svoboda, and Horwood. But really, its tough to single out particular players because I thought that the whole team showed a lot of skill and determination. The power play needs work...not often that you will get that many 5 on 3s so you have to make them count. Wish that tomorrow's game at Bemidji had video coverage. Tonight I followed UND video and listened to Perry Laskaris (always good) on WRPI for the audio.

I have resigned myself to the fact that once again I will not see the team live this year. Today's game was as close as they get to my "neck of the woods" and it would have been a 16 hour drive.

Still no news on why our top goal scorer from last season is not in the Iine-up?
                        Last edited by hab; 10-03-2014, 09:46 PM.

Comment

After watching RPI lose 7-1 to UND I was not too discouraged. But after listening to them being badly outplayed by Bemidji and then hearing that Vermont beat UND 3-1, I have to conclude that this team has a lot of work to do. Good to see both goalies play solid games this weekend, though.

Comment

Ouch! RPI ranked 28th out of 34 in the first Rutter rankings: http://math.bd.psu.edu/faculty/rutte...sRankings.html. Not too surprising given the results of weekend #1. Nowhere to go but up from here.

Comment

Originally posted by hab View Post
                              Ouch! RPI ranked 28th out of 34 in the first Rutter rankings: http://math.bd.psu.edu/faculty/rutte...sRankings.html. Not too surprising given the results of weekend #1. Nowhere to go but up from here.
                              Better than Union!
                              RPI Pep Band
                              GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                              2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                              2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Working...
                              X