This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2014-15

My guess is Chase Edmonds will carry the day for Fordham. Used to be a time when Colgate had guys just like him...
    Nebrich out...every little bit helps! His absence gave Lafayette the PL title last year!!!
    Go Gate!
    Beat Mercyhurst...x2!
    C O L G A T E
    2023 ECAC CHAMPION
    1990 NCAA FINALS
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
    ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
    ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Well, couldn't ask for a better effort. Don't remember the last time we were 6-1 to start the season.
      Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

I thought they played poorly (compared to what I have seen this season). Passing and skating was just a little off. But then you look at the score board at 4-0 and wonder how you can complain. Union lost to RPI in stunning fashion so as long as we win tomorrow we should climb in the (meaningless but exciting) polls.

Comment

I thought their passing was a little off, too. But - they did something a little unusual - they shot the puck, crashed the net and got a couple goals off the scrum in front. Looked like a new game plan to me. Mercyhurst can skate; their goalie was best in their conference last year - and tonight won't be so easy. I thought it was agood game for the fans; early lead, not many whistles and up and down the ice all night.

Comment

Seemed like there were line changes all night, no complaints here. Special teams are getting it done, PP is 28%(tied for 6th), Kill is 92% which I believe is forth. Our penalty minutes are slowly decreasing also.

I believe for the first time ever we are PWR #1, St Cloud beat Minny last night 4-1. Union ?? WTH happened in Troy ?esident !

Charlie Finn three shutouts in seven games.
            Last edited by sshablak; 11-01-2014, 08:29 AM.
            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
              Union ?? WTH happened in Troy?
              We layed an egg !!!
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gto6M1hjQRo
              DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
              DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

How 'bout Yale 2, Princeton 2 speaking of laying an egg.

No GA by Finn at Starr this season!
                COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

We were up 3-0 at the end of the 1st. I then shut off the video because I had a Halloween party to go to, but I liked what I saw in the first 20 minutes of last night's game. Keep up the good work, 'Gate!
                  Colgate '09

Comment

There's something to be said for not playing from behind and coming out strong. We outsthot the Lakers in the 2nd which is usually not our style lol. M'hurst skated like a great team. The last goal was a bit flukey; not a strong shot but tipped, I think. M'hurst and SH are 4 of our 7 wins but not the most quality opponents. Everyone else is beating ranked teams so keeping an open, cautious mind. I thought Union's loss would have hurt them more in the PWR. Glad to know they're fallible.

I hope the new arena has the pressbox facing the student section. All those empty seats every game...unimpressive and uninspiring. Are seats still reserved behind the goal? Too bad, so sparse. I can sit just about anywhere at Andy Kerr!

Go 'Gate!
                    Beat Mercyhurst!
                    Beat Fordham!
                    C O L G A T E
                    2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                    1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

Originally posted by TchrBill View Post
                      There's something to be said for not playing from behind and coming out strong. We outsthot the Lakers in the 2nd which is usually not our style lol. M'hurst skated like a great team. The last goal was a bit flukey; not a strong shot but tipped, I think. M'hurst and SH are 4 of our 7 wins but not the most quality opponents. Everyone else is beating ranked teams so keeping an open, cautious mind. I thought Union's loss would have hurt them more in the PWR. Glad to know they're fallible.

I hope the new arena has the pressbox facing the student section. All those empty seats every game...unimpressive and uninspiring. Are seats still reserved behind the goal? Too bad, so sparse. I can sit just about anywhere at Andy Kerr!

Go 'Gate!
                      Beat Mercyhurst!
                      Beat Fordham!
                      Getting ahead of ourselves there, Bill. We've only got 6 wins, and three of those have come against Mercyhurst and SHU.
                      Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

You can say that again. Congrats to M'hurst on a great win.
                        We were #1 PWR for a day.
                        C O L G A T E
                        2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                        1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

Tough one to swallow. So far Union lost twice, at cloud and mn lost once, and ND is up in the air right now. Tough week for the top of the polls

Comment

I didn't watch tonight's game, but looking at the box score, we had 40 shots on goal tonight, with exactly half of them in the 3rd period alone. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the opposing goalie stole this game. This has now been the case in 3 of our last 5 losses, dating back to last season.
                            Last edited by Rainman; 11-01-2014, 10:10 PM.
                            Colgate '09

Comment

Sargeant did steal the game, this happens. We outshot them 33-10 for the last two periods. There are NO bad teams anymore, like I have said, a hot goalie can take you to the top.

Meryhurst beat and lost in OT to #5 PWR Merrimack last weekend. I thought they did a great job forcing perimeter shots and not too many rebounds. The winning goal was flukey also as the refs had to check the video.

Q-Pac and Princeton next weekend as league starts, Q-Pac still remembers our OT victory in Lake Placid.

Nice goal by Spink, we need his brother back to Spink, Spink, and Baun.
                              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Here is what I noticed about the game... We had 40 SOG and they also had 23 shots blocked!!! It reminded me a lot of when we played Quinnipiac the last two times at home as far as shots blocked. Mercyhurst was very good at getting in front of the net and blocking shots, some of their players took some bruises for sure. Personally, I thought many of our shots that went through were either soft or right at the goalies chest which isn't going to go in. Because of this I don't think Sergeant exactly stole the game from us but he did play very well and made the saves when he needed to. On a side note is it just me or does anybody else want Spiro to just rip a few slap shots at the goal and hope good things will happen? We put on some pressure but just didn't get any bounces/rebounds to go our way obviously or we would have put up a few more goals. The loss won't hurt us too bad if Mercyhurst can do some damage in the AHA. Next week we have Quinny after they just beat a poor Northeastern team that can't buy a win and then Princeton which is a must win. It would be real nice to get a road sweep with Union already down 2 in the ECAC standings. After that we have the north country and St. Lawrence who I think may be the surprise this season in the ECAC as they have some impressive wins already and can certainly score.

Comment

Working...
                                X