X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2014-15

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
    ...was broken in 2011. But Union has only won 3 total games at Starr, and I'm sure they're salivating at the fact that we're building a new rink.

Side note: next year, our last regular season home game will be against Union.
    As it looks, next year's league schedule looks painstakingly similar to the 09-10 schedule, nae?

And I'm not surprised it's been broken; it was just one of the posts I look forward to each year.

Comment

The upsetting thing about this weekend (other than spiro possibily missing senior night) is that wins won't help us that much in the pairwise. I did a few scenarios and could only get is tied for 19h (but in 21st actually bc of the RPI tiebreaker). I didn't even consider what losses would do

Comment

Originally posted by red133883 View Post
        The upsetting thing about this weekend (other than spiro possibily missing senior night) is that wins won't help us that much in the pairwise. I did a few scenarios and could only get is tied for 19h (but in 21st actually bc of the RPI tiebreaker). I didn't even consider what losses would do
        Did you take into account that a win cannot lower your RatingsPI?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          As it looks, next year's league schedule looks painstakingly similar to the 09-10 schedule, nae?
          The final two league weekends in Feb. 2016 are identical to Feb. 2010, as well as Colgate/Cornell's final 8 league games! Furthermore, the final 3 weekends from this season are identical to the final three league weekends from 2008-09! I wonder if there's a 6-year rotation involved?

Originally posted by red133883 View Post
          I got us as high as 18th. Bottom line is, we need to win both games this weekend not only for a shot at the bye, but also an NCAA at-large bid (which is for now, an outside chance).
          Colgate '09

Comment

Whoops -- somehow I double posted.
            Last edited by Rainman; 02-20-2015, 12:27 PM.
            Colgate '09

Comment

Sullivan has us sweeping this weekend. Uh-oh......
              COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

First time taking in a game at Starr rink in 13 years...
                Visit the Red Raider sports site and talk Colgate sports and take the weekly fanpoll at
                http://www.geocities.com/redraider013

Comment

Hope you enjoyed the win in person rr13...Queensbury isn't California! No excuse for making it back sooner ;-)
                  C O L G A T E
                  2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                  1990 NCAA FINALS
                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                  ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                  ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Didn't see the game tonight, but happy to see we won. Back-to-back shutouts with 2 different goalies!
                    Colgate '09

Comment

I can't understand how Union has the nation's leading goal scorer and two players who are dominating most of the offensive stats in the league and yet they just can't seem to put it together. Of course we had a lot to do with frustrating them tonight, but I expected a lot more from the Dutchmen. I guess they are in the midst of a fallow period being shutout three straight games. That Spink goal in the first minute may have taken some of the starch out of the Schenectadians.

Anywho, we won. Great way to kick off the weekend. Now we just have to get retribution vs. RPI tomorrow

Comment

Just my opinion...The team looked better tonight than they have in awhile. Speed was quick, breakout and transition was good. They controlled the puck and worked around the offesive zone nicely. Not sure where this style of play had been all year. Not sure if it was due to playing a union group that has fallen on hard times or if we are truly making a legitimate push for the playoffs. Tomorrow night will tell. No dumb penalties. Let's go boys!

Comment

Originally posted by College_Hockey_Fan View Post
                          Just my opinion...The team looked better tonight than they have in awhile. Speed was quick, breakout and transition was good. They controlled the puck and worked around the offesive zone nicely. Not sure where this style of play had been all year. Not sure if it was due to playing a union group that has fallen on hard times or if we are truly making a legitimate push for the playoffs. Tomorrow night will tell. No dumb penalties. Let's go boys!
                          We are finally getting healthy, we had two or three of our top forwards out most of the year. The lines were all scrambled, Goulakis will be back soon, we're loading up. This is the best we've been since early October. Need a little payback tonight, RPI always seems give us trouble.
                          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Sweet win! The first period saved us and we must do the same tonight. Not sure we are a strong come-from-behind team. Thought the Dutchmen played well but were snakebitten, and they totally outshot us in the 3rd. Taking penalties while on the pp is insane and our pp did not look sharp at all. Have been saying all year that Finn skates around and about way too much. Had that fluke goal counted...
                            Hope we can earn the season split against the Engineers on Senior Night!
                            C O L G A T E
                            2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                            1990 NCAA FINALS
                            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                            ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                            ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

My only complaint is that Spiro didn't get to play tonight, even though he did dress for the pregame senior ceremony. But it's a 4-point weekend, and we've won 3 in a row. And we finally beat RPI for the first time since Feb. 2012.

As I'm typing this, NBCSN is doing a live report from Herb Brooks Arena in Lake Placid, as part of the 35th Anniversary of the Miracle on Ice. Hopefully we'll be playing there again in 4 weeks.
                              Colgate '09

Comment

• Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                                My only complaint is that Spiro didn't get to play tonight, even though he did dress for the pregame senior ceremony. But it's a 4-point weekend, and we've won 3 in a row. And we finally beat RPI for the first time since Feb. 2012.

As I'm typing this, NBCSN is doing a live report from Herb Brooks Arena in Lake Placid, as part of the 35th Anniversary of the Miracle on Ice.
                                Hopefully we'll be playing there again in 4 weeks.
                                Very impressed by Lough and Johnston tonight. They both played great, up tempo games and took over the game at times. Team is playing more and more like a playoff group. Hope Spiro can maybe make an appearance next weekend and be fully recovered in time for the post-season. Keep hoping!

Comment

Working...
                                X