X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2014-15

And the shoe has dropped......Finn is out for this weekend
    Last edited by red133883; 02-12-2015, 08:50 PM.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iabC7-9YUG4

The hits just keep on coming. This is what we've probably feared all season long.
      Colgate '09

Comment

"Say It Isn't So" as a famous Phillie duo sang back in the 70's.

Geez!....what did we ever do to Lady Luck? Just got to pull up our bootstraps and play the best we can this w/e.
        COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Just gotta win. take the season from here on in weekend to weekend that's all we can do.

Hey maybe we can sneak up on teams now, we seem to play better when we do that
          Last edited by red133883; 02-12-2015, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Hamilton played really well in his only start vs Yale, he allowed two goals, we were without Spink, Borokowski, and Murphy that game. If the boys want these games they just need to play like they did last year at this time.

What's the severity of Finn's injury, I was worried it might be him. Anyone have triskadekaphobia, or is it a good thing ?
            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

I'm thinking saturday night's game has a good chance of being postponed because of the upcoming blizzard. Maybe only one game without Finn ?

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                I'm thinking saturday night's game has a good chance of being postponed because of the upcoming blizzard. Maybe only one game without Finn ?
                It's only expected to be a blizzard in Boston and parts of Maine. But Hanover is still expected to get around 6". I wonder if the Harvard-Cornell game on Saturday gets postponed. Harvard caught a break with the Beanpot consolation getting postponed, but they'll have to play in the North Country next weekend then play BC on Monday. If their game against Cornell gets postponed, it just makes a mess not only for those two teams, but for the league as well.

As far as tonight goes, ugh. We (just like Boston) can. NOT. catch. a. break! This whole new unfolding of things is VERY reminiscent of what happened back in March 2007, when Mark Dekanich got injured before the playoff series against St. Lawrence! But Zac Hamilton did play a good game against Yale, only allowing 2 goals, one of them a "back-breaker" goal with 3 seconds left in the first period, right off a faceoff after we iced the puck. I still think had that not happened, we may have had a different outcome against Yale back in November.

Hopefully Finn is only out for 2 games. I wonder what Spiro's status is? Gotta focus one game at a time and win tonight. I'll be at the game cheering with a bunch of Colgate fans. Happy Colgate Day!
                Colgate '09

Comment

I don't think so. Lynah East is too big a game and the snow is not supposed to start until Saturday afternoon. Cornell should already be in town. I do doubt a lot of teams will be busing home on Saturday night. I have never seen a league game postponed due to snow and if it is going to happen this won't be the storm to do it.
                  9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                  1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

According to USCHO a lot of Saturday's games are being moved up to 4 PM - at least the HE games.

Go Zac!
                    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
                      I don't think so. Lynah East is too big a game and the snow is not supposed to start until Saturday afternoon. Cornell should already be in town. I do doubt a lot of teams will be busing home on Saturday night. I have never seen a league game postponed due to snow and if it is going to happen this won't be the storm to do it.
                      Wrong game, talking Gate vs Dartmouth, I guess Cornell would be in same situation though.

Comment

Originally posted by red133883 View Post
                        Just gotta win. take the season from here on in weekend to weekend that's all we can do.

Hey maybe we can sneak up on teams now, we seem to play better when we do that
                        You're too good, you're not fooling anyone.

Just win. Nothing would please me more than to have both Central NY teams sweep through to the end of the RS. If nothing else it might win me the Predicted Standings thread.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Wrong game, talking Gate vs Dartmouth, I guess Cornell would be in same situation though.
                          The Hanover game would be a bigger risk since the roads back to Hamilton are crappy, and the alternative route is far longer. But at the same time, the team will already be in town before the snow gets bad, so it makes more sense to play the game and then have them stay over night rather than immediately heading home.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

This is the first time ALL year we have had no forwards hurt, can't believe Borkowski is back ! When Goulakis comes back we will have our full team skating for the first time ALL year.
                            Are you back at full strength? Well then make up your mind that you are going to go out there this weekend and kick some SERIOUS *** !!!!
                            DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                              Are you back at full strength? Well then make up your mind that you are going to go out there this weekend and kick some SERIOUS *** !!!!
                              We're without our goalie (Finn) this weekend. We've been without our top defenseman (Goulakos) since we played you guys. Tomorrow marks 4 weeks without Spiro; he was expected to miss 4-6 weeks.

In other news, tomorrow's game at Dartmouth is still on, according to this tweet:
                              https://***********/Dartmouth_MIH/st...11661259489280
                              Colgate '09

Comment

On or off the ice...what a guy. Vote for Spiro!

http://www.seniorclassaward.com/vote/hockey_2014-15/
                                C O L G A T E
                                2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                                1990 NCAA FINALS
                                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                                ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                                ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X