This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2014-15

If only NCAA rules permitted it. Sounds like a good idea when the rules committee meets this off season

Comment

Our league GF-GA is 37-41. That is ominous and we've been feeling the results.
      Last season we finished 13-6-3 (2nd, 29 pts). GF-GA was 72-59.
      Defense wins championships but we need the offense to get us there!

Don't want to speculate about Spiro...but even if we do play in the prelim round, I hope he shows up for Games 2 & 3!
      Last edited by TchrBill; 02-10-2015, 08:50 PM.
      C O L G A T E
      2023 ECAC CHAMPION
      1990 NCAA FINALS
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
      ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
      ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

• I guess the good news is we are on the road this weekend where we hold a
        9-5-1 record (including the Pitt tourney). At home we are 6-5-2. The saturday night season ticket holder has seen them go 1-5-1 including the Cornell game with the sole win back in October over Northeastern. I am curious to see if the wrath of Harvard is unleashed on us Friday or if they continue their spiral.

Anybody have any thoughts on potential ECAC matchups. For example, I may sound crazy but I think I would prefer to go up and play Clarkson or St Lawrence who we have had success over, then get the bye and have Yale or Harvard come to Starr with all the pressure on us.

Comment

Even with a short bench, Harvard walloped us 6-1 and we were ranked #15 at the time. We are one of their 2 wins in the last 7 games...awful! And then they lost to Brown! I'd say that makes us look even worse, but at least we beat Brown in OT. Our loss to a lackluster RPI team this season was one of our worst games. I have doubts we could beat Union a second time. IMO we match up the most evenly with the Dutchmen, very inconsistent play and erratic defense/goaltending. Playing Yale at Starr is asking for a loss. I am not confident against any opponent and feel very deflated after last season's inspiring run to Lake Placid. But the best thing? A clean slate come tourney time and hopefully not playing in Hamden!!!

We've just GOT to win on Friday the 13th!!!
          Get Well Spiro!!!
          Go 'Gate!!!
          C O L G A T E
          2023 ECAC CHAMPION
          1990 NCAA FINALS
          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
          ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
          ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Such a promising season with the lineup we've been waiting for. Do we blame the slide on injuries? Perhaps an impact but other teams have gotten through similar challenges. I've watched a lot of promising Gate teams not make it over the top. College hockey is a tough game to rise to the top in especially in the ECAC and at a small school. I still say Don needs to learn how to manage his players. You can't burn them out, you can't ride them too hard, it's a long season. Spread it around. I agree with the previous post about Finn.... He's competitive and wants to be in there. A little competition, from the other goalies, a little down time is good for him. Also gives the other goalies some confidence and experience. God forbid Finn gets hurt. With the other goalies lacking experience we'd be fried. Remember a similar situation when Don rode Dex and then he gets injured in practice the week of the first playoff game. Other two goalies had one start each. Two games and season was over. I fear we are headed for another season that could have been...

Comment

Originally posted by red133883 View Post
              If only NCAA rules permitted it. Sounds like a good idea when the rules committee meets this off season
              This isn't a rule change year.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodstick View Post
                Such a promising season with the lineup we've been waiting for. Do we blame the slide on injuries? Perhaps an impact but other teams have gotten through similar challenges. I've watched a lot of promising Gate teams not make it over the top. College hockey is a tough game to rise to the top in especially in the ECAC and at a small school. I still say Don needs to learn how to manage his players. You can't burn them out, you can't ride them too hard, it's a long season. Spread it around. I agree with the previous post about Finn.... He's competitive and wants to be in there. A little competition, from the other goalies, a little down time is good for him. Also gives the other goalies some confidence and experience. God forbid Finn gets hurt. With the other goalies lacking experience we'd be fried. Remember a similar situation when Don rode Dex and then he gets injured in practice the week of the first playoff game. Other two goalies had one start each. Two games and season was over. I fear we are headed for another season that could have been...
                I feel your pain Woodstick, and agree with much of what you say. But the bottom line is: we gotta win! Our best chance is with Finn in goal. It would be great if we could give the backup goalies a chance to play but we don't have that luxury right now
                COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Good lead article on Mike Borkowski at CHN. It is stated near the end of the piece that there has been another "key injury" this week. Does anyone know what this is about/what player is injured?? Whoa is me...

Comment

I think she is referring to spiro, even though she mentions him in the next sentence. Unless it happened during practice I didn't see anything on Saturday. She wasn't great with details as she mentioned we were tied for 4th. So I'm ahem hoping that she was bad with details or misinterpreted Vaughn
                    Last edited by red133883; 02-11-2015, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by still an empty net View Post
                      Anybody have any thoughts on potential ECAC matchups. For example, I may sound crazy but I think I would prefer to go up and play Clarkson or St Lawrence who we have had success over, then get the bye and have Yale or Harvard come to Starr with all the pressure on us.
                      You would have to be crazy go want to go to Appleton and play SLU, especially with Hayden in the nets. Now Clarkson is another story. I would think you would be begging to play Clarkson given Colgate's recent history both at Starr and Cheel. Since 2007-2008 season Colgate is 5-0-3 at Starr and 6-2-3 at Cheel (this includes a 2008 quarterfinal round 2-1 ECAC Tournament win) against the Knights.
                      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

I think she is referring to spiro, even though she mentions him in the next sentence. Unless it happened during practice I didn't see anything on Saturday. She wasn't great with details as she mentioned we were tied for 4th. So I'm ahem hoping that she was bad with details or misinterpreted Vaughn
                        We are tied for fourth, two points out of third. Four teams tied for third, anything can happen.

Who the hell is hurt now, I'm afraid to guess, we are snakebitten.
                        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

We are tied for 7th. We are tied for the fourth most points in the league but if the season ended today we would be 8th.

Everyone looked fairly healthy on Saturday although it was some what confusing to keep track of because the Spinks and wilson were on the same line. My mind always assumes it is spinks + Baun.

Comment

Don't everyone go crazy over this. I could be mistaken and took her language in the article the wrong way.

Unless someone got hurt in practice this week, I think this is not worth thinking about...

Comment

We are tied for 7th. We are tied for the fourth most points in the league but if the season ended today we would be 8th.

Everyone looked fairly healthy on Saturday although it was some what confusing to keep track of because the Spinks and wilson were on the same line. My mind always assumes it is spinks + Baun.
                              The season doesn't end today.
                              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

The way the article on CHN is written, it is implied that another player got injured in practice this week. It's also possible that the writer was referring to Spiro, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

That said, another poster had mentioned how back in 2007, Mark Dekanich got injured in practice, resulting in our getting swept by St. Lawrence in the 2007 ECAC Quarterfinals. That year, St. Lawrence won the Cleary Cup and made the NCAA tournament (their most recent NCAA appearance to date). And very early last year, RPI goalie Jason Kasdorf injured himself in practice, resulting in his missing the remainder of the 2013-14 season. Significant injuries during practices are not uncommon; I just hope we didn't get slammed again, just like Boston these past few weeks with the snow! In fact, Beantown has gotten more snow than Syracuse in the past 3 weeks!

Anyways, I'll be at tomorrow night's game, and maybe at the Dartmouth game on Saturday (although all signs are pointing to another blizzard hitting New England - we CANNOT catch a break). Here's hoping for a couple wins...
                                Colgate '09

Comment

Working...
                                X