This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2014-15

There is a "big surprise" coming our way tonight, at least that's what I've been told. Now let's win tonight and get back on track.
    Colgate '09

Comment

Is the game NOT being broadcast tonight???? The video camera icon on the events section isn't lit up???? Glad we can watch the women on the Ivy League network, but really want to watch the men???? Anyone know what is going on? I thought all regular season home games were broadcast? Help!!!

Comment

Tomorrow night's game vs QPac is on TimeWarner Sports, but not tonight (RIT v. Niagara) Woohoo!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by red133883 View Post
          Wouldn't we want Cornell to win or tie QU on Friday. They are right ahead of us in the PWR and obviously out there in the ECAC standings
          I suspect you want Q to beat us. You won't be catching them in the ECAC standings, and that way Q would be worth more in PWR if you beat them Saturday.

I personally am rooting for both our squads to sweep Q and P, so good luck this weekend. :-)
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

According to GR's tweet, Borkowski is back in the lineup

Comment

• Originally posted by red133883 View Post
              According to GR's tweet, Borkowski is back in the lineup
              That was the "surprise" I was referring to in my earlier post. This could pay HUGE dividends going forward. Let's go 'Gate!
              Colgate '09

Comment

• Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                That was the "surprise" I was referring to in my earlier post. This could pay HUGE dividends going forward. Let's go 'Gate!
                I figured, but it will only help if he is truly healthy. So it will be possible down the stretch to have our entire team back, might be the hope we need

Comment

Congrats to Mike. It has to have been difficult for him watching from the sidelines; 4 years of college hockey passes quickly and moves even faster when you don't put on a uniform. Finn needs a solid game. Hoping we don't forget the prior weekend, which we seem to do often. I want to learn and be better from our mistakes instead of hearing the same excuses week after week on the post game show.
                  C O L G A T E
                  2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                  1990 NCAA FINALS
                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                  ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                  ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

The FUTURE.......Assistant COACH Spiro Goulakos......wondering if we saw the future tonight.....he has my support!!!
                    Gutsy win tonight boys.....need to ramp it up for tomorrow night!!!!!

Comment

Don't know if we had the "trap" game mentality tonight or Fogarty & Co. had the perfect strategy defensively to keep us off the board? We looked sloppy at times; maybe it was getting #21 back and readjusting lines. Good to see Mike back in uniform; hope he doesn't overdo it too soon. Need to bring our "A game" tomorrow (QU beat Cornell, 1-0 in OT)....it won't be easy.
                      COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

If there still is a cause for concern, it's that we're still struggling offensively. The final score was 2-0, but our 2nd goal was an empty-netter with 12 seconds left, 3 seconds after a Princeton penalty. Is it me or is Ron Fogarty making some odd-ball moves against his alma mater? In the game at Hobey Baker back in November, he pulled the goalie down 5-0 with under a minute to go. Tonight, he keeps the goalie pulled even though the faceoff is in their defensive zone. Other coaches put the goalie back in, knowing that they basically blew their chance at tying it.

I'm sure having Borkowski back in the lineup will sooner or later give the offense the shot in the arm it needs. Now we just need Spiro to get healthy, and hopefully we can finally play the full team we were meant to have this season.
                        Colgate '09

Comment

I don't think any of us know how extremely difficult it was for Mike Borkowski to come back to play competitively in a SCANT 3 months from his season-ending ACL injury!!! I don't think it has ever been done in college hockey. It is an incredible testament to his drive and tenacity to make that happen. I am so extremely proud of him and applaud his huge effort to return to his team. Some things are way more important than the wins and losses.

Comment

Post-game comments from Coach Vaughan and Joe Wilson:
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzMCPrVzc4c
                            Colgate '09

Comment

Mid-weekend PWR Update - February 7, 2015

These are the games we want to go in our favor today:
                              -Colgate over Quinnipiac
                              -Sacred Heart over Air Force
                              -Mercyhurst over AIC
                              -Robert Morris over Canisius
                              -Providence over UConn
                              -Western Michigan over Miami
                              -UMass over UMass-Lowell
                              -Ohio St. over Minnesota
                              -UNH over Vermont

Meanwhile, SLU "officially" becomes a double-edged sword for us. They've climbed to 20th in the RPI, thus giving us a Quality Wins bonus (multiplied by 2 since we beat them twice). So while their continued success helps our PWR, it keeps them ahead of us in the ECAC Standings, making a top-4 finish more difficult for us.
                              Colgate '09

Comment

Gritty win and very happy for the team. I don't think anyone is underestimating Borkowski's perseverance. Even if he was a bench player, I would hate to see anything like that happen during a short college career. The post-game interview with Coach V says nothing about how we played, and isn't that the basic question? Princeton was great along the boards. I think there is a lot of pride in any coach who would pull his goalie to prevent a SO. IMO the Tigers had the moral victory and the Raiders got the 2 points.

Sam Anas, Travis St. Denis, Matthew Peca, Landon Smith and Michael Garteig. On paper or even at home, this is not a game we should win so give them everything you've got, Colgate. Hang tough, Finn.
                                C O L G A T E
                                2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                                1990 NCAA FINALS
                                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                                ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                                ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X