This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2014-15

Feloa and Curtis were horrendous. The dive called in the second period, a slash when Curtis watched a slash and just skated past, the baseball swing on lidgett after gate's goal (watch the replay) the take down after the whistle by Ryan when Spink and tititen went off.

They kept a lid on the Ricky tacky stuff which is ok, but some of the obvious stuff. We outplayed them for two periods and then got caught in our end far too often.

Comment

Wish I could comment on the game but the video feed was so awful that it was impossible to follow. Froze every 15 seconds or so, had to refresh... then went to the dreaded "replay" halfway through the 3rd, couldn't get the live feed back. Bush league, can't we do better than that?

I did listen to GR's call on the radio, very disappointing!

Comment

You know that feeling you get when you're punched in the gut? Well, that happened tonight.

If there was one good thing that did happen, it was that the video feed went dead with about 6 and a half minutes to go in the 3rd period. Just POOF. Dead. I refresh my browser and it says the event has ended. So I was fortunate not to see the ignoble end. Unfortunately, since it was an OT loss, and the teams switch directions for OT, I'm sure Finn got heckled to death by the Cornell fans sitting in the end zone seating at the end of the game

What's depressing is that it's the 2nd game in a row where we score first but lose. What's even more depressing is that we had a sellout crowd and a raucous student section, and still lost. And what's REALLY depressing is that this is only the 2nd time in our last 100 games (going back to the start of the 2012-13 season) where we have the lead after 2 periods but lose

Just go out tomorrow night and win.
        Colgate '09

Comment

Did the video catch the slash to the back of lidgetts head after the first colgate goal?

Comment

Very tough loss...thought the Raiders looked very impressive for most of the game. The feed was satisfactory...until the end...crazy..The tournament has no clear favorites. It is going to be interesting down the stretch.

Comment

Great crowd and atmosphere as always for the Cornell game. Tough loss to take especially with an obnoxious Cornell fan behind us. I hope the boys rebound and get some points out of Lynah tonight. Two periods is not enough and Spiro's absence is continuing to be too much of a void.

On the drive out of Hamilton we were talking about how the magic of last year was you didn't know who would be the hero to step up on any given night....and it usually varried. Injuries aside, too many players games did not improve off last years great performances.

Comment

To be honest the fact that we are still so close to the pairwise bubble at this point in the season with the injuries to Spink, Borkowski, suspensions of Murphy and now Spiro is a impressive. It shows the depth of the team. If they dont make the NCAA yes I will be extremely disappointed but you have to give credit to the guys. Last night's loss was a heart breaker, but the great thing about the back to back cornell weekend is that we can get back on the horse and get the win.

We are obviously on the outside of the PWR bubble but not that far out (20) but with a 3 way tie for 16th and Minnesota who had to have a comeback win against a "less than impressive" Wisconsin team.

We just need to put together a streak here and we will be in the tournament. As I have said before the goal is to go into the final weekend (ECAC final four) without having to win a game for a NCAA spot.

Hope to see a great 'Gate turnout in Ithaca tonight. This is as close to a "do or die" for a NCAA bid as you can get with 9 games left.
                Last edited by red133883; 01-31-2015, 09:19 AM.

Comment

I thought we came out with a lot of energy at the start and dominated the first 10-15 minutes of the 1st period. Second period was kind of even. But Cornell put on the jets and took over in the third. They forechecked us into oblivion. Unfortunately we had no time in the OT to make any serious offensive rush. For those whose video crashed, they scored the winner on a wrister that hit off Buckles' (I think) arm or jersey and went in. What a letdown. (I missed the goal looking down at my popcorn!...geez)

Very exciting back and forth game. We took too many PIM and with a short bench I thought we were gassed in the last half of the 3rd. Great to see the Pep Band and all the student support. Wish we had attendance like that for all games Need to go out tonight and pick up those two points; will be very disappointed if we come home empty or with one. (Good to chat with CU13 and Shabby; where were the rest of you posters?...red, TchrBill, DaveH, Rainman? Can't party if you don't show!)
                  COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

I hope DV is right about this team forgetting the night before because I'm on board with rainman...punch to the gut.

That being said our offense is disappearing more and more each week. We are sitting tied for 31st right now in goals per game at 2.72 but over the last 7 games we have only averaged 2 goals per game which puts us toward the bottom of the standings. You take out the 5 against Union and its much worse. Last night Spink put one in early in the second and then it seemed as if we just sat back and played defense as if that one goal was going to win the game with 39 minutes left in the game. Cornell came out and played a brilliant third period and just completely outplayed us. I'm not going to look it up but Cornell outshot us last night at home, I would be very surprised if they did this to more than 2 or 3 teams on the road this year. I was hoping for a tie halfway through the third. I thought Finn played really well but you can't stop all of them. We desperately need a win tonight if we want to stay close to the bubble, otherwise I feel the wheels may be coming off. Refs weren't great but they did not play a role in the loss, Cornell just played a better end of the game.

Comment

I could have written your post, empty. The first period was electrifying, yet scoreless. Our offense is sputtering, we were outshot by a defense-first team, we had power plays in our grasp but needed to show our 'stuff' and instead get matching minors. We had 5 games in hand and now have nothing to show for it. Feels more like we are clinging to a ventilator!

Had 5" of snow through 11am so I cancelled my trip upstate, only to see the sun out by 2pm Two wasted tickets, a frustrating video feed, but spared an agonizing ride home. C'mon, 'gate...get it done tonight.
                      C O L G A T E
                      2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                      1990 NCAA FINALS
                      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                      ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                      ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

We started out strong, the shots were 7-1 our favor, but that was about it. Our offense has disappeared, our top line of Spink Spink and Baun is countered by the top line of whoever we play. Right now we're getting zero secondary scoring, seems like the second and third lines are being juggled every week, looking for the right combinations. So far, not working.

Second game in a row we were totally dominated in the third period, it wasn't all size advantage either, Cornell is a good skating team. Knisley, who scored their first goal is listed at 5-9 165 and he's more like 5-7 150.

PP is ineffective without Goulakos, we need him back, I noticed Murphy in the first period then he disappeared the rest of the game. I am very dissappointed, seems like we are a very average team right now, I guess we are.

Goulakos was said to be out 4-6 weeks, it's been two, hopefully it is four weeks total and he's back in two weeks.

We didn't deserve to win last night but I have to mention the officiating, and I barely ever do. Four minutes into the first Baun lays out a Cornell dman right in front of me, he doesn't get up for several minutes. I'm staring at the officials waiting for a call, there was none. Meanwhile a Cornell player comes flying in to a standing still Baun, pushing and shoving ensue, no man advantage for us, coincidental, absurd that Cornell didn't get any extra minutes.

Later on maybe in second period, scrum in front of goalie with many players involved pushing and shoving, Spink or Lidgett(think Lidgett) gets grabbed and just thrown down to the ice, everyone in the rink saw it, no call. (coincidentals issued).

I didn't see it but after the Gate goal someone here said Lidgett got slashed in the head, no call.

Then third period, refs call zero penalties, whistles swallowed. There were some words exchanged at the end, wonder what will happen tonight.

We are still in the thick of things but we need to play tonight.

Almost forgot to mention, the guy I sit with who never misses anything(always sees too many men penalties even...I don't) said Cornell had two guys in the crease on the winning goal, hoping to see this on film at some point.

Time Warner is showing Army vs RIT again tonight.
                        Last edited by sshablak; 01-31-2015, 11:06 AM.
                        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...lT1Sq3MLq&_rdr

Link to the game winning goal, I thought there was a crease violation live but not so much on the video. The slash on lidgett after the colgate goal didn't seem as bad on video but still unacceptable not to get an extra two.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=763790470335444

...If you want to see that ot goal

Comment

if we win there are a number of ways we get back to the PWR bubble (tied for 16th)...gotta win tonight
                              Last edited by red133883; 01-31-2015, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by still an empty net View Post
                                https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=763790470335444

...If you want to see that ot goal
                                Thanks. The deflection is out of frame, unfortunately, but you can see it was a fluke. Which we will so take.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X