X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2014-15

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
    Dartmouth's first line is as good as any in the league. Harvard is much deeper and overall faster and better. I'd expect a very fast and entertaining game provided Harvard can stop feeling sorry for itself.
    You gotta think that maybe Colgate and Harvard both got caught on a "trap game" (although Colgate took a point), similar to last week with Colgate and Union. Every league game is just as important as the last.

Comment

I didn't think colgate played poorly, just couldn't finish it. Hit two solid posts.

Comment

Even with a short bench, Harvard will be formidable. We have a chance and need to make it count.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...hreatening.php
        C O L G A T E
        2023 ECAC CHAMPION
        1990 NCAA FINALS
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
        ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
        ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by TchrBill View Post
          Even with a short bench, Harvard will be formidable. We have a chance and need to make it count.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...hreatening.php
          Thanks, Bill, for the link.
          COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Harvard seemed to be completely built around their first line, which is terrifying. In particular their pp looked abysmal. Vesey has a great game and at times looked like the only guy on the ice. But Harvard is quite vulnerable and Colgate could hand them a zero point weekend tonight.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Harvard seemed to be completely built around their first line, which is terrifying. In particular their pp looked abysmal. Vesey has a great game and at times looked like the only guy on the ice. But Harvard is quite vulnerable and Colgate could hand them a zero point weekend tonight.
              Without McNally QB'ing the PP, it has really struggled. Sounds like he will be out tonight.

Comment

Not one, but TWO too-many-men penalties, WHILE on the power play (including a 5x3)?????? Absolutely inexcusable. Both of these "you-cant-count" fiascoes indirectly lead to Harvard goals. And once again, a we gave up a goal right off of a faceoff. We aren't going to win every game, but that was VERY painful to watch.

In the words of Bill Belichick: "We're on to Cornell..."
                Colgate '09

Comment

Both too many men calls were on finn, during a change throwing it into the bench area. He had a rough night but let's remember how many times he has saved the day in the past two years

At least it is onto CORNELL WEEK! Come back and play well we will quickly forget about this performance. As GR mentioned on the post game, it is probably a blessing that it is cornell, the crowd will be into the game.
                  Last edited by red133883; 01-24-2015, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    We're dealing with injuries that is sapping our depth and scoring up front and McNally on the back line. We will be a very different team once our injured return.

Comment

speaking of injuries... you think we missed Spiro last night back on D.

Also, did Vaughn sit out Murphy last night on his own accord? Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't he have only served the one game against Dartmouth? I did not see any additional games added on?

Penalties again hurting us last night. Too many men on the ice back to back to cost us is unacceptable, especially when it ruined our 5-3. Then Lidgett takes just an awful penalty to start the third period. I just don't understand what he was thinking. We are down 2-1 and he is holding the guy down right in our own end with every ref and person in the place looking right at him. They go on the PP and its 3-1 just like that and we have lost all momentum. It is becoming more and more important we finish in the top 4 and get the bye and home ice. A lot of really good teams right now in the standings so those 2 factors will be huge because of the amount of teams the ECAC has just outside the tourney (us included).

Comment

because it was murphy's second DQ of the season it is an automatic 2 game DQ.

On the bright side, although we lost to Harvard which would have done us well we didnt drop far in the pairwise. 18th as of Sunday morning, and hopefully UMASS can beat Merrimack to move us up a little more as well
                        Last edited by red133883; 01-25-2015, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Murphy was sitting out the second game of his two game suspension. It was his second offense so it was two games. Next one will be three games etc.

We are missing our PP quarterback Spiro like the Pats would be without Brady, immeasureable. I saw Borowkowski walking around with Murphy last night, he looked good.

Harvard looked tremendous last night, Vesey clearly the best player on the ice. Talking to an ex Colgate player who saw the Cornell vs Harvard game the night before I saked him how the h did Cornell beat this team ? He replied "Cornell beat them up so bad that several of their players didn't want to touch the puck as the game progressed."

Cornell is the biggest team in the nation heighthwise, Western Michigan weightwise. So, you know what they are going to try to do to us, pound us into oblivion. I am really concerned about back to back games. Saturday at Lynah could be very ugly, we need to turn our back's on the after the whistle stuff, and use our speed.
                          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

It seemed like we were playing with "deflated" pucks last night Maybe the guys were just "deflated" after not scoring on that 5x3.

On the bright side: at least it was $1.00 hot dog night at Starr (even if they were cold)

Note to shabby: if you look at the Harvard roster on CHN you will see that most of these players were in the USHL, BCHL, OJHL, EJHL, etc. I think they went to prep schools for a PG (post graduate) year to hone their games. I know this is almost standard procedure these days. Good chatting...

Comment

Welcome aboard Tyler Penner, RW, 5' 11" - 175 lbs - Steinbach (MJHL)

Comment

I had to digest what I saw Friday & Saturday at Starr. Yeah, there were too many mistakes; too many stupid penalties. Without Spiro our special teams don't look very good, but getting Murphy back wil help the offense and maybe the special teams, too.
                                The only road I see for us to get to the NCAA tournament is to hang on until Spiro gets back, get to Lake Placid and win at least 1 game there.
                                Cut down on the penalties (have we been saying that all season???) and try to use our speed.
                                Cornell will be hammering on us both games - keep your heads cool boys and try to win Fridays game. I'll take a split this weekend and be happy.
                                What a strange season - Spink, Borkowski and Goulakis severe injuries; assistant coach leaves in middle of season; 3 games + missed with suspensions. And we're still hanging around!

Comment

Working...
                                X