This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2014-15

It all starts in about 10 hours. We can't afford to overlook RPI. Even though they have not put together the type of season we are accustomed to seeing out of Troy they are always a hard out in Houston Fieldhouse. We also can't afford to look ahead to Saturday and Onion. That said, looking at the ECAC leading offensive players - and even the national leaders - Union has a lot of guys who are up there in scoring, assists, etc. We have our work cut out for us. This will be another good measure of just how good a team we have - much like last weekend's north county safari.
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
      It all starts in about 10 hours. We can't afford to overlook RPI. Even though they have not put together the type of season we are accustomed to seeing out of Troy they are always a hard out in Houston Fieldhouse. We also can't afford to look ahead to Saturday and Onion. That said, looking at the ECAC leading offensive players - and even the national leaders - Union has a lot of guys who are up there in scoring, assists, etc. We have our work cut out for us. This will be another good measure of just how good a team we have - much like last weekend's north county safari.
      Also, it has been a while since we last beat RPI. The 8-3 shellacking in 11-12 where Smith scored 4, I think.
      Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

We were horrible there last year, six goals on fourteen shots. Bet it doesn't happen this year. We are fifth in the nation in GAA, under 2.0, let's keep it that way.
        Last edited by sshablak; 01-16-2015, 10:55 AM.
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

They don't have the same fire power, so I really am just concerned about getting our offense going. If we play a low scoring game we will let them continue to have hope and that will be dangerous. We need to get on the scoreboard early then just play the game that is presented

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
            We were horrible there last year, six goals on fourteen shots. Bet it doesn't happen this year. We are fifth in the nation in GAA, under 2.0, let's keep it that way.
            Wasn't one of them from 130 feet away from goal? We wouldn't mind another one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyenthusiast View Post
              Also, it has been a while since we last beat RPI. The 8-3 shellacking in 11-12 where Smith scored 4, I think.
              You are correct. That was RPI's "Big Red Freakout" game on February 4, 2012. Yes, Austin Smith did score 4 goals in that game.
              Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                Wasn't one of them from 130 feet away from goal? We wouldn't mind another one of those.
                It was, while we were on a 5-minute major power play

In fact, you guys got called for THREE 5-min majors in that game (November 9, 2013)! AND you guys still won decisively!
                Last edited by Rainman; 01-16-2015, 12:18 PM.
                Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post

In fact, you guys got called for THREE 5-min majors in that game (November 9, 2013)! AND you guys still won decisively!
                  And I recall that we came into that game as one of the least penalised teams in the nation, and Appert flipped his lid about that one.

Comment

I think that we (RPI) used up all of our luck for the entire season in that one game. I still can vividly recall that goal by Guy LeBoeuf. (I was there.)
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ugly....that is all you can say. We tried to play a physical game against a bigger team. We played their game not ours.
                      Last edited by red133883; 01-16-2015, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                        This put the hex on us, shabby. RPI had played good defense/forechecking and we looked disorganized. Gotta do better tomorrow. RPI could be peaking at the right time; they're healthy and should make some noise in the post-season if they continue like this.

Comment

First of all, two thumbs up to RPITV for putting together an excellent broadcast of the game. They even had two audio tracks: the WRPI feed and 'Gate Radio's broadcast! Unfortunately, we were just flat out terrible tonight. No sugar coating it here. Now we're not going to win every game, but now the question is, can we bounce back after a frustrating defeat?

I'll be making the trip out to Schenectady tomorrow night. It should be a great game.
                          Colgate '09

Comment

• Yes that was up there with the Quinny game earlier in the year, not a great performance. We just didn't show up in the third at all. Union took a beating last night at home so both teams will be fighting hard tonight not to get swept. I think we need this one real bad tonight after that loss last night. Fell from 13th to 20th in the Pairwise, can't afford to fall to the mid 20s with a loss tonight.

Comment

Haven't seen a game like that since Q-Pac at least. Everyone was just brutal.
                              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

First of all, two thumbs up to RPITV for putting together an excellent broadcast of the game. They even had two audio tracks: the WRPI feed and 'Gate Radio's broadcast! Unfortunately, we were just flat out terrible tonight.
                                On the bright side: have to echo Rainman's thoughts about the broadcast. It was the best I've seen this season and the feed over alll was great. Even the play-by-play fellow was good, and fair - gave props to Colgate players and seemed very professional. "Ed" was a little annoying with his constant repitition of the score after every few sentences, but other than that it was first class. The inclusion of GR was super; I switched back and forth between the two.

Gonna be a real battle tonight. Union has the top goal scorer and assist man (Vecchione & Chiampi ?) in the league, and they are way up there in the national stats as well. 'Gate has to come out loaded for bear (but not take any PIM). Should be a real battle if we're ready to play. Let's put last night's game behind us.

Comment

Working...
                                X