This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2014-15

Thrilled for the win!!! Clarkson outplayed us for 59:13 but our 0:47 stole the game! Physical game and a great crowd on hand. Already earned a split on the road, let's make it a 4-pt weekend. PWR #15 for a day...with a little help from SCSU and NU, me thinks!
    Go 'Gate!

Some whacky games yesterday...
    BC ties NU with about 2min left
    Penn State scores 4 unanswered in the third to tie OSU, yet loses in OT
    UNH ties Dartmouth with 2, late 3rd period (one EAG) goals
    BU ties Wisco with 2 EAGs...ouch!
    MTU uses 2, late PPGs to tie NMU
    Poor Brown...loses to Providence with 0:16 left in OT
    Don't know if you caught the Utica/Amherst game on Jan. 2 @ Plattsburgh, Shabby...ugh!
    C O L G A T E
    2023 ECAC CHAMPION
    1990 NCAA FINALS
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
    ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
    ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

I haven't seen a UC game yet this year, been to a few Utica Comets games. They are almost all sellouts, tough to get a ticket.
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Second year in a row that we sweep the NC road trip. Only the third time in the last 20 years. And also our fifth win in the last 19 regular season trips to SLU. I'll take.
        Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

4 point weekend in the North Country
          ECAC Champions: 1990
          NCAA Frozen Four: 1990
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 1990 2004 2006
          ECAC Final Four: 1981 1990 1995 2000 2004 2005 2006 2008 2011 2012 2014 2015
          NCAA Tournament: 1981 1990 2000 2005 2014
          Let's Go 'Gate!

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyenthusiast View Post
            Second year in a row that we sweep the NC road trip. Only the third time in the last 20 years. And also our fifth win in the last 19 regular season trips to SLU. I'll take.
            Unfortunately the old "Fear The North Country" saying hasn't been in effect for quite a few years now Hope we get to meet up again with Colgate later in the season, maybe even in Lake Placid? Good luck the rest of the season!
            St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
            4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
            2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
            16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
            9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
            2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyenthusiast View Post
              There was no question who the better team was tonight. SLU had a few chances in the third, their best period, but otherwise that was pretty lopsided. Unlike Saints#1, I hope we don't see you guys again. We just don't match up against you guys for some reason. Every year the number one thing that irritates me when I look at the Colgate roster is how many guys you steal from our backyard in the CJHL / Ottawa Valley. Cornwall is just across the river from one of our coaches. Good luck to you guys in the Cap District next weekend.
              9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
              1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
                There was no question who the better team was tonight. SLU had a few chances in the third, their best period, but otherwise that was pretty lopsided. Unlike Saints#1, I hope we don't see you guys again. We just don't match up against you guys for some reason. Every year the number one thing that irritates me when I look at the Colgate roster is how many guys you steal from our backyard in the CJHL / Ottawa Valley. Cornwall is just across the river from one of our coaches. Good luck to you guys in the Cap District next weekend.
                From what I can tell from the recruits we land and ones we lose to opposing schools few of them are from the CJHL/Ottawa Valley ... So I wonder if this is just us venturing into other areas for our recruiting? I could be wrong though as I admittedly don't know too much on the recruiting end of things ...
                St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
                4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
                2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
                16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
                9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
                2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
                  That's what we thought the five years prior to last year.
                  Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Originally posted by TheValleyRaider View Post
                    4 point weekend in the North Country
                    Ditto! We've won 4 in a row, and that definitely gives us confidence and momentum going forward. We've also leapfrogged into 3rd place in the ECAC, although we currently cannot catch Quinnipiac or Harvard right now, even with the games in hand. But we still have the benefit of playing Harvard twice.

On to the Capital District. We haven't swept that trip since 2005-06. Let's keep this train rolling!
                    Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by Saints#1 View Post
                      From what I can tell from the recruits we land and ones we lose to opposing schools few of them are from the CJHL/Ottawa Valley ... So I wonder if this is just us venturing into other areas for our recruiting? I could be wrong though as I admittedly don't know too much on the recruiting end of things ...
                      Well, way back when Donny was a coach at SLU, we had a big recruiting presence in the CJHL and got guys like Dave Saunders, Jamie Baker, Doug Murray, Shawn Rivers, Mike McCourt, Bob Prier, Burke Murphy, the good Poapst brother ;-), Brock McBride, etc. When that league is in our back yard, it sucks to see guys driving right past us on their way to great NCAA D-1 careers at places like Colgate and even BC. But, I do like the emphasis on recruiting in the USHL where guys come most ready for NCAA hockey. Recruiting has been excellent under Carvel. We have some dandy's on the hook. But Colgate's best line is from Cornwall. It'd be good to keep some of that talent up north.

Comment

I think we're back on track for a tremendous season. We are now #13 in the PWR, allowed three goals total in last four games since the break, and have allowed two goals or less in fourteen of twenty games. We have no top scorers in the top sixty, meaning we are very balanced. Defensively less than two goals per game at #5 nationally, 87% PK, and 19% PP, very good special teams which you have to have.

Got6 and Saints, I'm pretty sure the Cornwall boys started with Jesse Winchester getting the Spink twins to come here then everyone else followed. Wasn't really a matter of better scouting, I wouldn't worry about it.

Comment

Shabby - Spink has 10 goals and is tied for 22nd. Not that I'm checking people's stats haha but I double checked because I just happened to see that this morning.

We have 14 regular season games left, I think if we were to win 9 of those it would keep us in the ncaa tourney up to that point with 22 wins on the season, then the playoffs! However, still some volatility in the pairwise and a lot of teams right behind us. It's good to see SCSU playing better and even NE despite the loss to BC yesterday, they are playing a lot better. I think at one point they were like 0-8 and 56th in the pairwise so if they remain around 30 or high 20s that could help. As rainman pointed out though we need some wins over some quality opponents. Realistically that gives us 2 games against Harvard, and 1 left against Yale and Quinnipiac. We will need to win at least 2 of those, as those are all quality teams right now. The good thing we have going for us is that our worst loss is to Mercyhurst at home who is still 30th in the pairwise. Let's just keep winning! Finn is playing great right now.

Comment

He has eighteen points and tied for #54 in scoring, not goals scored.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                              He has eighteen points and tied for #54 in scoring, not goals scored.
                              No matter what, barring a key injury to a guy like Finn, you guys are going to be fine. You're good in all positions, skate well, have enough scoring and are well coached. Just beat Q-suck. PLEASE!

Comment

Originally posted by still an empty net View Post
                                Realistically that gives us 2 games against Harvard, and 1 left against Yale and Quinnipiac. We will need to win at least 2 of those, as those are all quality teams right now. The good thing we have going for us is that our worst loss is to Mercyhurst at home who is still 30th in the pairwise. Let's just keep winning! Finn is playing great right now.
                                Watched the Yale-Harvard game @ MSG after ours last night. Those teams are really good and can fly. The fact that Yale beat the Crimson 4-1 shows the talent on the Eli team. They are making waves; these four games are going to be real battles, we need to elevate our game even higher than it was this past road trip. The Capital District next w/e should tell us a lot; Union will be no cake walk and may serve to get us further honed before we meet Harvard-Yale-QU.
                                COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Working...
                                X