X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2014-15

Originally posted by Gate83 View Post
    Really? Other than the Mercyhurst loss I'm on board with enthusiast. Particularly if you told me we'd be down 1 Spink for the season (so far), had another Spink miss time & now without Borkowski. Agree that I hope the team won't be satisfied with a BU/PC split (but if offered now, I'd probably take it). First chance to see the squad in person this Friday!
    I'm playing the devil's advocate a bit in my previous post, but I approached the season with the hope that we would go undefeated. Yeah, I know...not gonna happen'. With the various injuries I can see us being where we are, but my hope is that guys can really step up as they have vs SLU. With a supposedly deep bench and a bunch of talented forwards I think we should win a lot of games that folks don't expect us to win. I agree with empty net that at the moment we don't compare with BU and Minny, and certainly injuries have hurt us. Guess I'm just an unrealistic guy who had huge expectations for the season and am a bit depressed. It seems to me there is more parity in college hockey than ever before. And on top of that we've got Arizona State U. to worry about...

( I apologize if I offended anyone; it was not meant to be taken that way. On the other hand I'm glad the thread is heating up
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

If there is anything about this team that scares me, it's that they haven't played a good game start to finish. Each game has had at least one period that we struggled. Most of the time it is the second period. That type of game isn't going to fly at Boston university, or providence.

But on the bright side the BU game could be a starting point and something to help get our swagger back. It is early in the season and we are 8-3-1 it really isn't that bad.

With some of the comments on here you'd think this was the Cornell thread.
      Last edited by red133883; 11-20-2014, 11:06 AM.

Comment

It's all good guys, keep the views coming in. I think at this point we really don't know what to expect of this team. I know I don't. I still believe we have the talent, as I said before all three lines are juggled now and there's some uncertainty. Until we start losing I'm still a believer, they are fast and fun to watch. Go Raiders !!!
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Certainly no offense taken on my part! And after following the hoops games the last two nights, it's nice to talk about a team that so far is performing up to expectations!

Comment

And don't forget, we have Charlie Finn !!

Comment

Let's take care of business tonight and hope Cornell wears Yale out. I'm still impressed with the way guys are stepping up, hustling and winning faceoffs. There's a bunch of young talent here and they are holding their own.

It's still all about special teams and goaltending.

Let's go 'Gate!

Comment

Can anyone tell me if the streaming done at gocolgateraiders is worth watching, is the pic good ?

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                  Can anyone tell me if the streaming done at gocolgateraiders is worth watching, is the pic good ?
                  It's not too bad, definitely better than a couple of years ago. Still has issues though... picture quality can vary greatly, and I'm not sure why... anyway, there's a little icon in the lower right of the screen where you can try adjusting the quality of the picture up, though that can lead to the video feed getting interrupted. It's not a broadcast level signal, but I think preferable to radio only... you're still much better off making the drive to the rink!

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                    I had trouble with the stream when trying to see the Clarkson-Colgate game. I was using Google Chrome as my browser and could get the audio but could not get the video to come up. Curiously, I could get the audio and video of a western basketball game that was airing at the same time. I finally switched my browser from Google Chrome to Firefox and I was able to get the audio and video. Both were very good. Good luck tonight.
                    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                      I had trouble with the stream when trying to see the Clarkson-Colgate game. I was using Google Chrome as my browser and could get the audio but could not get the video to come up. Curiously, I could get the audio and video of a western basketball game that was airing at the same time. I finally switched my browser from Google Chrome to Firefox and I was able to get the audio and video. Both were very good. Good luck tonight.
                      Thank you both....fourty five mins to rink and the deer are in rut, ride home can be bad.

Comment

I am very upset, had the game on gocolgateraiders, all of a sudden it goes to Colgate vs Clarkson ???????? Plus I see we stinking up the joint with about 200 people there. I better get off.

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                          I am very upset, had the game on gocolgateraiders, all of a sudden it goes to Colgate vs Clarkson ???????? Plus I see we stinking up the joint with about 200 people there. I better get off.
                          My feed was the worst it has ever been as well shabby. Absolutely hideous game by gate. Very tough loss for Brown in which seems to be summing up their season right now. We are going to miss Murphy tomorrow night, not sure what he was thinking with that hit. Yale losses a tough one tonight so they will be hungry tomorrow.

Some terrible officiating once again as well. They completely dropped the ball on that one icing that wasn't even close.

Comment

I guess we won. The feed was soooo bad.....then went off with about 2:30 left in Ot. I am so ****ed right now, there were about 300 people there. What a joke.

Comment

The linesman were a mockery all night ( for both teams). At one point the ref over ruled an icing and then was overruled by the linesman (what is the point off the orange arm band). A number of offsides and icing which were sad. The refs themselves were ok.

I was not impressed tonight with our play but at the end of the season it looks just good as a 10-0 win. Maybe the ot win kickstarts a Fire under the teamand they get on a roll.. Murphy's hit was just pure stupidity, really hoping the league doesn't add on more time just in time for BU. but I bet they add at least one more game to the dq.
                              Last edited by red133883; 11-21-2014, 10:19 PM.

Comment

First chance I was able to make it this year, and I'll be there again tomorrow night- as far as attendance goes, remember too that the students went on Thanksgiving break today. We'll see what tomorrow looks like, with it getting just a little bit warmer.

Nice comeback win, but some bad mistakes. Murphy deserved what he got for that hit, and red's right, he may get an extra game for it. I don't know what Baun said to the ref to get the 10, but he's got to watch the emotion of the moment. Finn will absolutely want the 2nd goal back, though talking to some people who sit behind the net they are positive that it never went in, and were wondering why it wasn't reviewed. The refs, especially Baker and the linesmen were awful.

But still, if you look at everything, it's a stolen point, and those always come in handy. Play a little bit tighter tomorrow night, and it's a 4-point weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X