X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2014-15

Originally posted by DaveH View Post
    Coach might have been talking about Panowyk - he got dinged pretty good - looked like a shoulder they were working on. He came back and looked OK, but did get a couple of shifts off in the 3rd period.

The more I think about it the more I know we should be really proud of this team. Without Spink and Borkowski we lost a whole bunch of offense and we're still hanging in there. I give them all (coaches, too) a lot of credit.
    He didn't have Harrison in either Saturday, not sure if that was an injury or what.

Comment

Originally posted by still an empty net View Post
      He didn't have Harrison in either Saturday, not sure if that was an injury or what.
      or Audi. That said, there are four sophomore forwards that have seen regular playing time (Harrison, Audi, Freeman, and Black).
      Colgate '09

Comment

Audi got hit late in Friday's game, but skated off on his own power, didn't look major but who knows

Comment

Maintaining our #6 ranking this week. QU at #14 and Union at #15 only other league teams in the top 20. Not that this means anything this time of year

(Oh sorry.....Shabby already posted this news. Sleeping at the switch again..)
          Last edited by ColSkate65; 11-18-2014, 01:40 PM.
          COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

I hope Arizona State is one of our OOC games next season. What a great recruiting tool.....a trip to AZ in Dec-Jan!

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
              I hope Arizona State is one of our OOC games next season. What a great recruiting tool.....a trip to AZ in Dec-Jan!
              Not as good as the trip the Saints are taking to play pro teams in Italy, Austria and Switzerland in late August.

PS Congrats to Donny V on notching his 350th win. FWIW, our coach was very complimentary to Colgate. Said we were sloppy at times and Colgate made us pay and he thought they were a very good team worthy of their ranking.
              9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
              1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Looking at the polls...does anyone think that our schedule has been/is a bit soft? SCSU has a 4-5-1 record and is #16/15 in the polls. 10 of their first 12 games are against teams ranked 6, 2, 1, 17 and 2 (again); 26 of their 34 games are against ranked teams, meaning only 8 are NOT! Not sure how Colgate would fare if we had a schedule like that, considering the shortened bench that we have. I guess I'm looking for affirmation that we deserve to be #6 instead of waiting for the axe to fall. SLU has only 1 more loss and 1 less win than we do, yet they sit at #22?

Yale, BU and Providence will be important tests for us...
                C O L G A T E
                2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                1990 NCAA FINALS
                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by TchrBill View Post
                  Looking at the polls...does anyone think that our schedule has been/is a bit soft? SCSU has a 4-5-1 record and is #16/15 in the polls. 10 of their first 12 games are against teams ranked 6, 2, 1, 17 and 2 (again); 26 of their 34 games are against ranked teams, meaning only 8 are NOT! Not sure how Colgate would fare if we had a schedule like that, considering the shortened bench that we have. I guess I'm looking for affirmation that we deserve to be #6 instead of waiting for the axe to fall. SLU has only 1 more loss and 1 less win than we do, yet they sit at #22?

Yale, BU and Providence will be important tests for us...
                  I'm agree with you Bill. While I think this team is worthy of being ranked #6 in the nation (and even #4 a couple weeks ago), I feel we still have to earn it. Going into the season, the first four games against St. Cloud and Northeastern looked like good measuring sticks - on paper. And even though we did win 3 of those 4 games, unfortunately, both of those teams have struggled so far, and it pulls down our SOS. But we have BU coming up, and they're off to a great start, so we'll have an opportunity to notch a quality win there.
                  Colgate '09

Comment

I agree our schedule is not the strongest but it is what it is. Besides for the murcyhurst loss we have done better than expected.

Scheduling is done so far in advance now that it really is just their luck of the draw. Last year we had an insane schedule. This year not so much. To make the tournament we will need to win more games than last year, and that is about as frank as it can be said.

the season rides on two things 1) can we get healthy and 2) how far Finn can take us in goal.
                    Last edited by red133883; 11-19-2014, 10:21 AM.

Comment

FWIW our SOS is #24 currently, last year at this time it was #1 or #2.
                      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Let´s look at our losses:

At SCSU....we were all very happy to get a split there. Hell, even the Gophers went and lost there.

Vs. Mercyhurst....bizarre game were we just couldn´t score until the very end. It happens.

At Quinnipiac. Except for last year, we´ve rarely played well there over the past half decade. Wasn´t really expecting much from this game.

No time yet to hit the panic button. If we could split the PC/BU stretch that would be great.
                        Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyenthusiast View Post
                          Let´s look at our losses:

At SCSU....we were all very happy to get a split there. Hell, even the Gophers went and lost there.

Vs. Mercyhurst....bizarre game were we just couldn´t score until the very end. It happens.

At Quinnipiac. Except for last year, we´ve rarely played well there over the past half decade. Wasn´t really expecting much from this game.

No time yet to hit the panic button. If we could split the PC/BU stretch that would be great.
                          With all due respect to enthusiast, these seem like rationalizations of our losses. When we go to QU we should WIN, and expect to win. Just b/c we have a poor record in their building is no reason to justify our loss. We have to put the past behind us. When the season started we expected to win both games at SCSU. sweep Mercyhurst, and jump all over QU. I sure hope the team will not be satisfied with a split of BU/PC. I know I won't be happy

Comment

Is a split with BU/PC what a #6 team should hope for? I don't know. Seems like the pollsters are giving us a lot of credit or the benefit of the doubt. I'll take it until we prove otherwise...a higher ranking, of course :-)
                            Our SOS last year was incredible...and we needed it b/c we didn't win the RS or ECAC title. 'Gate is the preseason favorite on paper but will have stiff competition with Qpac, Harvard and perhaps Yale or SLU.
                            The Bulldogs will be a tough opponent this weekend. Score first and throw the puck at the net often. A better-than-average 2nd period wouldn't hurt.
                            C O L G A T E
                            2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                            1990 NCAA FINALS
                            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                            ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                            ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                              With all due respect to enthusiast, these seem like rationalizations of our losses. When we go to QU we should WIN, and expect to win. Just b/c we have a poor record in their building is no reason to justify our loss. We have to put the past behind us. When the season started we expected to win both games at SCSU. sweep Mercyhurst, and jump all over QU. I sure hope the team will not be satisfied with a split of BU/PC. I know I won't be happy
                              Really? Other than the Mercyhurst loss I'm on board with enthusiast. Particularly if you told me we'd be down 1 Spink for the season (so far), had another Spink miss time & now without Borkowski. Agree that I hope the team won't be satisfied with a BU/PC split (but if offered now, I'd probably take it). First chance to see the squad in person this Friday!

Comment

• Now the board is heating up! I'll add some fuel to the fire. I don't think this is a top 10 team with these injuries. I have seen Minnesota and BU play on TV and I just don't see us stacking up near them as of now and I have seen just about every 'gate game. Looking at our wins we had a respectable split with SCSU, beat an atrocious NE team that was suppose to be good, played too close at Sacred Heart who is actually playing better than most thought though with wins over Bentley and UCONN. Hopefully they can remain around a .500 or so team. After that we split with Mecyhurst, get crushed at Quinny and tie CU at home in which we struggled to do. Our two good wins are SLU and SCSU right now that's its. I think this will be a team that should focus on making the ncaa tourney. It is also imperative that we beat the teams in the ECAC at our level like SLU and Yale this weekend. BU as of now is a lot better than PC so a split would likely be a win over PC and a lose to BU. A sweep this weekend and a split with these two teams is what needs to be done coming up.

Comment

Working...
                                X