Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2014-15: Release the Hounds!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2014-15: Release the Hounds!

BC lost their first game. I think ND lost their first two. Maine lost their first two. Teams lose.

It would have been nice if there had been more effort, its ok when the effort is there but its still a loss.

From what I saw in the 10 minutes I watched, and what everyone has said, that is the most worrisome. How can you come out flat on opening night?
    DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

I'm curious to know if anyone has been to practice and observed any line changes or different defensive pairings. Has there been an Owens sighting or a report on his status? AFAIK there are no other injuries unless an injury is what kept Collier out of the lineup. I'd like to see him playing with Szmatula in place of McMu. Sikura has a history of being a terrific setup guy. Once he learns the ropes, his linemates will be able to give him the puck and then get it back in a bedtter position to score.

It's early. It's early. It's early. Wish we played UMass this weekend and went to Colate next

Comment

• Colgate has a excellent (Frozen Four calibre) team this season. If we somehow come out with a split.. (unlikely but possible, especially if Witt gets it together).. then we'll be okay moving forward. The opening night effort was terrible.
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Is anyone going to Colgate this weekend? A group of us are making the trip from Buffalo for the Friday night game. Hope to see some other NU fans there.
          Let's Go Huskies!

Northeastern University '02

Comment

Originally posted by McBain75 View Post
            Is anyone going to Colgate this weekend? A group of us are making the trip from Buffalo for the Friday night game. Hope to see some other NU fans there.
            I think I can speak for the rest of us if I ask that you post your unvarnished impressions, pro or con, after the ice chips settle. Thanx.
            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Collier and Owens in today, but Rosenthal is out rather than McMurtry.

Comment

Who's out on D? Fennell?

Comment

Originally posted by walrus655321 View Post
                  Who's out on D? Fennell?
                  Gunn out, DD paired with Dax.

Roy/JStevens/ZAR
                  Sikura/Szmatula/Torin
                  NStevens/Hedges/McMurtry
                  Collier/Pond/Reid

Cockerill/Sauce
                  Owens/Benning
                  Dax/Darou
                  "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• so it ain't happening thus far tonight..
                    but I'm sure some time this season we'll get a W..
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Can't blame the defense for that one. Second goal was pretty weak, but you can't win if you can't score (or shoot on net)

Comment

• Colgate is a solid team & currently.. we are anything but..
                        both these things are true.
                        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Roy our best player didn't have one shot on net! Oh boy.
                          These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tilldog40 View Post
                            Roy our best player didn't have one shot on net! Oh boy.
                            Actually, he had three shots on goal tonight.

No. He's not our best player - at least not so far. Szmatula is. Roy is playing like he'd prefer to be studying.
                            Last edited by HHound; 10-17-2014, 10:15 PM.

Comment

The Good: The Colgate LIVE stream was pretty good and the proce was right and we played better than we did v VT.

The Bad: We lost and I am fairly certain that it's going to be another very long Husky hockey season, the reality is that from what I can deduce the only teams on the schedule we are better than at this moment include only CT, UMASS, Merrimack and maybe ST. L and that's the dam straight truth.

I am making a prediction now this will be one of the worst campaigns in husky history if there isn’t a big change real fast. I have experience with 31 others season’s to compare it against

Comment

• JM.. bury any ego. Reach out to Sebastien LaPlante.. do it early.
                                Do right by the team. It'll be a good decision come January. :-)
                                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X