Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2014-15: Release the Hounds!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2014-15: Release the Hounds!

I was just checking heisenberg page and I feel like there is someone missing from the list? I feel like there was someone in between Cotton and Grifffen. Has there been a decommit?
    The Artist formally known as Steve66

Comment

Originally posted by retsap71 View Post
      I was just checking heisenberg page and I feel like there is someone missing from the list? I feel like there was someone in between Cotton and Grifffen. Has there been a decommit?
      Not that I can find...all of Heisenberg's guys are on my personal recruit list as well.
      "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by retsap71 View Post

..here's one for all schools. goes from current to back couple yrs..

http://collegehockeyinc.com/stats/commitments.php
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
          I'd actually be surprised to see this. Clay may not be playing at the 2013-14 level we saw, but he has shown he has the capability to steal a game. I have yet to see that from Derick, even though I think he has the ability to do it. Because of that, plus his Beanpot experience, I expect Witt in net on Monday.

The extra day off I believe will help. Extra prep for BC's attack, extra time to rest up and recover from injuries, plus BC has to deal with PC, so they will be playing on a short week- feeling the effects of injury, performance, less prep time. They won't look past PC, with 2 points on the line. This may play to NU's advantage.

Hockey talk- what do y'all think of the 11 F, 7 D lineup we've been using? I personally have liked it quite a bit. More ice time for KRoy, Murchy, etc, keeps our blue line fresh with more guys rotating in. In addition some guys have been playing quite well- DD, Fennell, Benning, Dax all have impressed. Sauce is what he is, good as a RW, rough on the edges as a RD. JM is revolutionizing the game!!

I think whoever is playing better in net at practice heading up to Monday night will get the start. Clay is excellent, however Derick has shown he can step in and beat some of the best. Normally, whoever plays the first Beanpot game, also plays the second one (Eberly Award goes to goalie with best save percentage who must play in both games - doesn't always go to the Beanpot winning goalie). NU's first Beanpot win in 1980, NU goalie George Demetrolakis also won the Eberly with a .816 sv% and a 4.50 GAA. (All stats go out the window when trying to win this tournament).

I think the coaching staff will do and dress whoever will help them win. Most importantly, this team is built for playing a 5 on 5 puck possession game.

Maybe more than any other team i have seen this year, so much credit for the turnaround needs to go to guys who don't show up on the score sheet. Yes, we have a ton of skill, but when we are getting in on the forecheck, playing hard on top of pucks, NU is tough to play against. Benning and Lauwers are playing with a lot of poise, which helps a lot.

Don't give up on the pairwise just yet. Much is out of NU's control at this point, which is a real shame. They are playing really well right now with something to prove.

Comment

If you really think about it, this NU Husky Men's team is much better than their sub .500 record. What you say rings true, it's not often you see a sub .500 team get votes in the polls. They have found a way to turn things around in a big way.

Comment

• Pls play Witt.

He's been there before (granted gotten a bit unlucky in the finals). He is a Senior & this would be his last chance.. i think he'd be pretty motivated going in.
              GO NU HOCKEY
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Well, I followed last weekends games on the wifi at the beach in Puerto Penasco Mexico and was very pleased to see that NU picked up a sweep. Between being away and a certain football team's trials and tribulations (does anybody remember football?) I've been a little distracted from college hockey but I am suddenly looking forward to Monday night as much as Sunday. Wouldn't it be like NU to get our hopes up with another win before pulling the (fully inflated) football away?

Comment

Originally posted by walrus655321 View Post
                  ..on the wifi at the beach in Puerto Penasco Mexico..
                  you win..
                  doesn't matter what the Huskies or the Patriots do..
                  GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Nice news story about the Huskies on the Big, Bad Bruins pregame show tonight! Good luck the rest of the way (and esp. the Bean Pot).
                    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Silk and Linell are out for BC tomorrow. Silk is a grinding pest type and Linell is a F converted to D. Not huge losses, but they are regulars. BC's version of Jake Hoeffler, Peter MacMullen will be put in the lineup.
                      "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Well we are 1 day away from the game!!!
                        Hopefully Madigan has prepared the team not in X's and O's but in believing that NU can beat BC. To me it's about who comes with the most compete level. Hopefully we don't get to much snow as then it may take me 1 hr to drive in it will be exciting. I hope the team continues its upward swing but most of all I hope the coaches are ready and make the decisions to finally break the dominance of BC over NU. If its time to change that why not NOW. The key will be the goaltending Witt who I believe will play must not let a phantom goal or a fluke because if that happends than thaw dominance will continue and husky nation will be deflated again so we ask ourselves husky fans is this the year will the jinx be over . Yes we need to believe

Comment

Silk and Linnell have hurt us in the past. It will affect their depth, if nothing else. But this game is winnable, even if they both play.

#BeanpotDestiny
                          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                            Silk and Linnell have hurt us in the past.
                            When?
                            Originally posted by reBlur
                            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Beanpot just moved to Tuesday night.
                              The Artist formally known as Steve66

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                                Silk and Linell are out for BC tomorrow. Silk is a grinding pest type and Linell is a F converted to D. Not huge losses, but they are regulars. BC's version of Jake Hoeffler, Peter MacMullen will be put in the lineup.
                                So I should bet on MacMullen to score the game winner?

Comment

Working...
                                X