Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2014-15: Release the Hounds!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2014-15: Release the Hounds!

Originally posted by retsap71 View Post
    ..You think if in 1970 Jack Parker was NU's coach he would have retired 2 years ago with 3 National titles and 20+ beanpots. I don't think so.
    If I met you in 1970, 80 or even 90 (or any decade prior) & told you the perennial doormat of the NFL.. the Boston Patriots would one day have a guy who gave a **** (an owner (AD if you will).. who then hired a 'qualified Coaching staff' (hint: a qualified Head Coach) and go on to win multiple division titles, numerous super bowls & reach the heights of success consistently for well over a decade (and counting)..

..you would have felt sad for me.. cause my expectations would have been tainted as a poor Patriots fan back then..
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by DieHardDog View Post
      Anyone know the Beanpot sections for Northeastern this year? Thanks.
      I'm 99% sure its the same as last year. 308-314 area I believe.
      "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

What does academics have to do with this? If so shouldn't Harvard, Princeton, Dartmouth, Yale be at the top every year? With the exception of 2 years ago, some of the worst hockey is played at these schools. I don't see how or why the correlate.
        They don't correlate. The statement in the original post simply said that the same standard of excellence that has propelled the academic side of the university to national prominence should also be applied to (at least) the two marquee intercollegiate athletic programs. Shouldn't be so hard to understand.
        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

What does academics have to do with this? If so shouldn't Harvard, Princeton, Dartmouth, Yale be at the top every year? With the exception of 2 years ago, some of the worst hockey is played at these schools. I don't see how or why the correlate.
          Originally posted by Agganis View Post
          I believe the point was that NU wants to be viewed with those other (non-Ivy) schools mentioned. To do so they massively upgraded their academics. Now they can/should do the same with their athletics program to further increase their standing nationally, like the other schools did.

I can't believe this poster is actually arguing with NU fans who say the school should try to improve the hockey program and he counters by saying just keep being mediocre it's what NU does. I know this forum is a breeding ground for absurd comments, but this is off the wall even by those standards.
          Thank you!!

Comment

If this team does not want to end up in the bottom 3 or 4 this season, they REALLY need the two points on Friday. With all the teams around them in the standings having 3-4 games in hand, its going to be tough to move up in the standings.

Outside of never winning the Beanpot, it always forces this team to play so many more conference games before everyone else, and puts them behind the 8-ball standings wise if they get off to a start like they did this year.
            DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
              If I met you in 1970, 80 or even 90 (or any decade prior) & told you the perennial doormat of the NFL.. the Boston Patriots would one day have a guy who gave a **** (an owner (AD if you will).. who then hired a 'qualified Coaching staff' (hint: a qualified Head Coach) and go on to win multiple division titles, numerous super bowls & reach the heights of success consistently for well over a decade (and counting)..

..you would have felt sad for me.. cause my expectations would have been tainted as a poor Patriots fan back then..

I would have said who did they pick in the 6th round. Lets not kid ourselves, if Brady wasn't here Bill would have been fired 3X over by now.
              The Artist formally known as Steve66

Comment

I would have said who did they pick in the 6th round. Lets not kid ourselves, if Brady wasn't here Bill would have been fired 3X over by now.
                Bill's Patriots went 11-5 in a full year with Cassel, a QB who has a .411 winning percentage in his starts with other teams. I think the coach has this football thing pretty well figured out.

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                Why not?
                I'm still waiting.

Comment

Belichick without Brady. 1991, hired by Cleveland and fired in 1995. Won 36 lost 44. Tom Brady is the best QB ever!

Comment

D-Roy in net tonight.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7gOt7ZCUAAGKqY.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                      D-Roy in net tonight.
                      Interesting. I thought DRoy would play tomorrow in the non-league game, not tonight when there are standings points on the table. Should we be reading something into this?

Comment

Nuts!
                        Fennell is out and Kevin Shea is in (at referree). that usually means ticky-tack penalty calls!

Comment

Most complete game of the year. Derick stood on his head and has shown to be a solid Hockey East goalie this year. Solid games from McMurtry, Roy, ZAR, and JStevens I thought. PK got the job done for the most part- that one PPG was a bomb. 2 big points earned tonight, earned every inch of the ice. Clearly the better team tonight. Time to keep building on success.
                          "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

This was far and away the best perfomance by the team to date this season and (2) well deserved points. I saw the stream and listened on WRCA. BC was beating BU tonight over at the Agganis on Com Ave. So clearly, we may be the team nobody wants to play. That said, we will nearly need to run the table the next 6 weeks to move up in the Pairwise enough to get any consideration but in the meantime, we should enjoy the best hockey we have seen from these Huskies in some time. Nice job boys!

Comment

• Well played team.. nice job!
                              GO NU HOCKEY
                              Always bullish on the future.
                              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Nice job indeed! And we sucked..... Very disappointing.

Comment

Working...
                                X