Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2014-15: Release the Hounds!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2014-15: Release the Hounds!

http://sbnation.com/e/7210902

More on Shea and Petrick
    https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
    Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Thanks for the updates Jeff. It's cool seeing takes on the future of NU, hopefully they all make it to campus and the talent thrives.

Happy New Year to everyone on the board! Hope you all can make it this weekend for St. Lawrence
      "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

just great.. we suck again. no creativity in moving the puck, no powerplay, or any type of credible offense thus far. Witt looks off too..
        The Madigan magic continues.. he really knows how to prepare these guys.. even v/s an average ECAC team. Sure we'll do wonders @ Yale.

Glad Kevin Roy skipped this one (get well soon).. glad so did i.

New year.. same old dance..
        NU Hockey.. looking for some welcome change..
        soon!
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

waking up late...
          then lack of discipline.. continues..
          ridiculous!!!
          GO NU HOCKEY
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

goalie pulled.. tie 3-3 with 30 odd ticks.. let's go!
            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

were down 0-3.. on to OT.. let's keep it going..
              should have woken up earlier.. chance to put it away. hopefully don't blow it.
              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

tie

nice to see some resilience @ home in overall sloppy performance. Madigan continues to look clueless.
                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Hard to comment on the relative pluses and minuses of either team considering the fact that this was the latest Kevin Shea officiating disaster in a long line of Kevin Shea officiating disasters. (He's the guy that penalized Josh Manson vs BC in the Beanpot a few years back for an absolutely textbook hip check.) Not to excuse the PK but the boarding call on ZAR was marginal at best and a major only in KSs dreams. On the other side of the coin, the guy took away a key Larries PP with a phantom interference call at a key point. Nothing like taking a game that is literally playing itself away from the players and making it all about you, eh, Kev???
                  "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Hard to get teams at our level to come in when we get officiating disasters as we did last night. If i am St. Lawerence I am annoyed that we gave up a 3-0 lead, and had a goal waived off that should have counted. NU got some nice home ice advantage last night for a change.

Every loss is not a JM must go, and every win is not he should stay. Hard to enjoy the season that way. His overall record will speaking for itself.

They fought back which is nice. Rather not go 0-7 on the PP, and 3-8 on the PK, but so be it. Its one game. Both units had been pretty good prior to break, lets see if it becomes a trend.

St. Lawerence has been a good team this year that is basically missing a difference maker or two in their forward ranks. Look at their record and the teams they have played. Its impressive and every game they are in it. I will assume that NU took them lightly, all the penalties took the flow out of the game which is important for us, and that we come back stronger tonight.
                    DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskies01 View Post
                      Hard to get teams at our level to come in when we get officiating disasters as we did last night. If i am St. Lawerence I am annoyed that we gave up a 3-0 lead, and had a goal waived off that should have counted. NU got some nice home ice advantage last night for a change.

Every loss is not a JM must go, and every win is not he should stay. Hard to enjoy the season that way. His overall record will speaking for itself.

They fought back which is nice. Rather not go 0-7 on the PP, and 3-8 on the PK, but so be it. Its one game. Both units had been pretty good prior to break, lets see if it becomes a trend.

St. Lawerence has been a good team this year that is basically missing a difference maker or two in their forward ranks. Look at their record and the teams they have played. Its impressive and every game they are in it. I will assume that NU took them lightly, all the penalties took the flow out of the game which is important for us, and that we come back stronger tonight.
                      Good posts from both of you. I agree with both of you. FWIW, I thought Hansen was just as bad as Shea and I believe he was chased out of the ECAC officiating ranks for making it all about him. I thought the 5 on NU was the right call only because there is not supposed to be any discretion when you get HFB into the boards. You have to protect the players and Hughes was tangled up and off balance with another player when the guy came in and hit him. I think the HFB on Hudson was in open ice and the guy just went airborne awkwardly into the boards...5 would be called 5 out of 10 times.

Absolutely agree that was a phantom call for interference at the end. In fact, I think it was a textbook dive. I also thought the goal should have counted! But, the bottom line is when you have a team down you have got to put your foot on their throat and finish them off. We didn't and gave up the win. SLU is a very young team, but that's no excuse, they just weren't ready to play the 3rd and NU was. Gorgeous shot on your second goal. Horrible mistakes by us on your first and third.

Not a game to be proud of for either team. Let's hope for more passion, intensity and flow tonight!
                      9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                      1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskies01 View Post

I agree with basically everything here. Well said H01. I went back and watched the stream and when the camera panned the bench, JM was actually pretty engaged w his players. Nice to see. Officiating was terrible, but at this point, that's the norm. Hopefully tonight is cleaner, smoother, and we can come away with a W
                        "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Thats a nice weekend
                          The Artist formally known as Steve66

Comment

Nice to see us go ahead & stay ahead. Great to have Kevin back.

3 out of 4 pts from a gritty SLU team. Yale will be a bigger test as they are far deeper. They just beat Vermont (which is a good team) and beat Harvard @ home earlier (which is a superb team).. they are 4-1 on the road thus far & they will be ready. Pls do not take them lightly.

Get rested Huskies & hopefulyl ready to give Eli a solid 60 minute ..disciplined ..effort. Let's get to .500 baby.. & go from there!..
                            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

..actually hoping Yale is looking ahead to the Harvard gm at Madison Sq Garden in a few days & we can get one by 'em Tues.
                              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Congrats on the win tonight. Both teams were dramatically better tonight and so was the game. Frankly, I thought SLU deserved a better outcome tonight if not both nights, but NU won a key battle at the end and your guys buried their chances. We didn't. We beat Yale two months ago. They don't have the top end guys they have had the last few years but they are still good, fast and maybe more balanced than past years. They are playing better than us at the moment. We are in a slump and Friday night was a low point for this team showing no compete level in the third and at times in the first and second.

Hope we see you guys again soon in a NC games. Good luck the rest of the way.
                                9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                                1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X