Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2014-15: Release the Hounds!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2014-15: Release the Hounds!

Originally posted by retsap71 View Post
    I am not sure if you are drinking more now, but I am having a real hard time following you.
    Let me help.

If you look at a forwards stats and they have 20 goals in 15 games, good chance they will be able to score goals in college. If a forward has 2 goals in 15 games, chances are they will not be an offensive force when they get here. We knew Kevin Roy could score because he did prior to coming here in a good league. We knew that Tanner Pond was not going to score here because he did not in the same league Roy came from. Instead Tanner had "other intangibles".

For dmen - I find the stats to not tell the whole story on if a kid will be able to handle the position here. So a kid who might have gone for 2-10-12 in 30 games, may actually be the better d prospect then a kid in the same league who goes 10-10-20 in 30 games.

As for getting kids to come here who commit here first, it matters to me. I like the idea our guys can find the good kids early and bring them in.
    DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

As the 1st half of the season is now over we can all agree that the 1st part of the season has been not what we all thought it would be, however we have seen signs of improvement and quite some big strides. We have seen early season injuries. Players not getting off to starts we all thought they would but can we all agree that the team has looked like they are starting to get there games together?. With Witt back and the defense playing better and the guys that we think that need to start contributing are starting to does any one agree with me that the 2nd part of the season may be a very interesting and we may even have a chance to end up on the top 5 of the league and possibly a beanpot championship. The expectations still have not changed we have a good team and as we see we are getting better. I don't think that this Tuesdays game will be any measuring stick as this is the last game and I believe that the players are itching to gone home for the holidays. The lines now have been playing together and kind of set. Winning at Providence was huge for there confidence and I believe all of ours. So lets play the school teachers and grade the team the players and the coaches. In a time of the lull we have in the schedule this would be great dialog .

Comment

Originally posted by Bad knees View Post
        As the 1st half of the season is now over we can all agree that the 1st part of the season has been not what we all thought it would be, however we have seen signs of improvement and quite some big strides. We have seen early season injuries. Players not getting off to starts we all thought they would but can we all agree that the team has looked like they are starting to get there games together?. With Witt back and the defense playing better and the guys that we think that need to start contributing are starting to does any one agree with me that the 2nd part of the season may be a very interesting and we may even have a chance to end up on the top 5 of the league and possibly a beanpot championship. The expectations still have not changed we have a good team and as we see we are getting better. I don't think that this Tuesdays game will be any measuring stick as this is the last game and I believe that the players are itching to gone home for the holidays. The lines now have been playing together and kind of set. Winning at Providence was huge for there confidence and I believe all of ours. So lets play the school teachers and grade the team the players and the coaches. In a time of the lull we have in the schedule this would be great dialog .
        UMass stands in the way of being done for the year. They are a team that as it stands, we should handle them with ease, even with our well documented struggles. If the team looks past UMass hoping to get to break faster, we are going to see some ugly hockey. The team has been playing better, I agree. But they still fall into bad habits on D, as seen in the first PC game, hanging Witt out to dry. Our PK is still trash, hopefully the coaches can find some way to alter it for the better in the second half.

Gunn has not been at practice this week...I fear that his injury really is serious. Lines at practice have stayed consistent, identical to what we saw against PC. ZAR/Szmats/Torin remains line #2, Sikura in at 4th LW.
        "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

10 wins? Can they hit 10 wins the rest of the way?
          DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

...the 2nd part of the season may be a very interesting and we may even have a chance to end up on the top 5 of the league and possibly a beanpot championship...
            FYP to place much needed emphasis on the "may" part. Going into this season, there was every reason to believe that this team would at least qualify for home ice in the playoffs, find a respectable niche in the national polls, and be a force to be reckoned with in the Beanpot. My hopes have already been crushed once and I don't care to go through that again. As you point out, the expectations still have not changed but, instead of going through another round of hopes being crushed, I'll approach the second half by simply allowing myself to be pleasantly surprised by whatever successes come along.

Now excuse me while I head out to Santa's Village and beat up some elves.
            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

In the midst of the pain of this season Bad Knees posts usually remind me why I am a fan,keep up the good work! #GoNU

Comment

..2nd part of the season may be a very interesting and we may even have a chance to end up on the top 5 of the league and possibly a beanpot championship..
                fantasy.

Originally posted by Huskies01 View Post
                10 wins? Can they hit 10 wins the rest of the way?
                reality.
                GO NU HOCKEY
                Always bullish on the future.
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

i liked hedges being with roy.

Comment

[QUOTE=northeastern;6060381]fantasy.

reality.[/QUOTE

All of you experts who have them under 10, in your win total did you have Minny as a win? Did you have Providence on the road as a win? Anything can happen.
                    The Artist formally known as Steve66

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyFan22 View Post
                      i liked hedges being with roy.
                      Why? 1/2 of Hedges points are on the PP. Its not like Roy has lit it up with him at center, all of 3 goals on the season.

Maybe they light it up in the 2nd half. I still think Szmatula should be Roy's center though.

I think they can hit 10 wins if they win the games they should, 2 with UMass, 2 with UConn, split with Maine, split with St. Lawerence. Throw an upset in there somewhere, maybe they can sneak a game from UVM. They have 19 games left to do it.
                      DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

[QUOTE=Huskies01;6060884]Why? 1/2 of Hedges points are on the PP. Its not like Roy has lit it up with him at center, all of 3 goals on the season.

I still think Szmatula should be Roy's center though. QUOTE]

Since Hedges seems to be the QB of the PP, his accumulating points there is just fine. He only ges them because we score. He tends to get his goals from being clever around the net - not from the point.

Playing Szmats as Roy's center hasn't worked at all and has probably weakened what should be the second line. I would be interested to see Roy playing at center rather than LW. His skills seem to be more adaptable to open ice rather than mucking against the boards. He is a very good passer and would have far more options in the middle of the zone.

Comment

[QUOTE=HHound;6061003]
                          Why? 1/2 of Hedges points are on the PP. Its not like Roy has lit it up with him at center, all of 3 goals on the season.

I still think Szmatula should be Roy's center though. QUOTE]

Since Hedges seems to be the QB of the PP, his accumulating points there is just fine. He only ges them because we score. He tends to get his goals from being clever around the net - not from the point.
                          Well the problem with this thinking is that we only go on the PP for maybe 10 minutes a game? That leaves 50 more minutes a game, of which he is probably playing 15-20 minutes of where he is still basically invisible.

We will get a good idea on this team against UMASS this week. Are they truly coming around, or are they going to their inconsistent bad selves? If they cannot score more then 3 goals against the Minutemen this time out, I am not sure when they will hit that mark the rest of the way this season.
                          Last edited by Huskies01; 12-15-2014, 12:58 PM.
                          DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskies01 View Post
                            I think they can hit 10 wins if they win the games they should, 2 with UMass, 2 with UConn, split with Maine, split with St. Lawerence. Throw an upset in there somewhere, maybe they can sneak a game from UVM. They have 19 games left to do it.
                            ..wow, high expectations of a team & Coach in his fourth season!..
                            (this is not a knock on the point you're making Huskies01)..

..actually.. its precisely the point. The HC is not developing the players or program. Why can't folks see the 800lb gorilla in the room?!?.. well, I take that back.. some folks have seen it & 'hopefully' it is dealt with sooner rather than later.
                            GO NU HOCKEY
                            Always bullish on the future.
                            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Maybe they light it up in the 2nd half. I still think Szmatula should be Roy's center though.

They've already played UMass. Can't get 2 wins against them.
                              The Artist formally known as Steve66

Comment

Originally posted by retsap71 View Post
                                They've already played UMass. Can't get 2 wins against them.
                                Take a look at the schedule. Specifically the dates of 12/16/14 and 2/16/15.
                                DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

Working...
                                X