Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2014-15: Release the Hounds!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2014-15: Release the Hounds!

Dont shoot the messenger,just wanted to pass the word that Beanpot tickets will be for sale to the general public on Monday Nov 17th at 11am http://www.ticketmaster.com/Boston-B.../artist/852148 That is one game I cant wait to see and hopefully attend,even in the midst of this disaster of a season I can look forward to this.Last year was the 1st year I was able to attend since the 1980's and loved it,they were so close

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
      no, but Kevin Roy should be
      Why because he has played so well??? I know there are opinions on the coach fine. But is Roy playing well?? Maybe if he was playing up to par they wouldn't be 0-7
      The Artist formally known as Steve66

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
        Stating the obvious. Basically saying "We stunk all game," which is accurate. This line caught my eye: "we didn’t want to make the sacrifices and commitment to play that kind of game." That is a team philosophy, team mentality problem. That comes from the top of the leadership, whether it's the coaches, captains, unofficial leaders in the locker room- it's up to them to instill that mentality.
        Nice to see JM finally show some annoyance. They have what, 5 wins since mid January? Way to late for him to turn into a task master now though. He can do what he does best though, suspend guys. He has gotten an A+ at that in his time here.

As for Szmatula, he can leave whenever and head to Europe and do just fine. Let us also remember he is a twenty-something sophomore. Not 19. At some point hanging out with younger kids gets boring. Nobody wants to buy the beer all the time.
        DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Huskies01 View Post
          As for Szmatula, he can leave whenever and head to Europe and do just fine. Let us also remember he is a twenty-something sophomore. Not 19. At some point hanging out with younger kids gets boring. Nobody wants to buy the beer all the time.
          It's not that bad when you can overcharge payment but I do think Szmatula would want a shot at the show before heading to Europe. These kids grow up dreaming about the NHL, not SM Liga or the DEL. They may be solid leagues on their own but Szmats would only leave, IMHO, if he thought he had a chance to play AHL level hockey, and have a shot at the NHL. Which is why I think more college hockey would serve him well. But he very well could think the opposite.
          "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

It's not that bad when you can overcharge payment but I do think Szmatula would want a shot at the show before heading to Europe. These kids grow up dreaming about the NHL, not SM Liga or the DEL. They may be solid leagues on their own but Szmats would only leave, IMHO, if he thought he had a chance to play AHL level hockey, and have a shot at the NHL. Which is why I think more college hockey would serve him well. But he very well could think the opposite.
            He could also go the KHL route. More dough there and if he does well, which I think he could, he could come back here.
            DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

• Our hockey program is broken. No one will care ( including the U.).. if we drop the sport. Pls fix it. Or drop it. The real estate that is Matthews can be better utilized. We know this.

Or..NU ADs office.. pls utilize it better by building a decent program. Ridiculous trying compete in H.E like this.. what a fiasco.
              GO NU HOCKEY
              Always bullish on the future.
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Stating the obvious. Basically saying "We stunk all game," which is accurate. This line caught my eye: "we didn’t want to make the sacrifices and commitment to play that kind of game." That is a team philosophy, team mentality problem. That comes from the top of the leadership, whether it's the coaches, captains, unofficial leaders in the locker room- it's up to them to instill that mentality.
                This was obvious in the UML game Saturday night, but has been an issue all year, particularly for the anointed players who are never under the threat of a healthy scratch. The only "untouchables" who play with intensity, commitment and sacrifice every game are ZAR, Szmats and Lauwers. If JM has any guts or integrity (ha ha), he will sit Benning, Cockerill, Sauce and Owens in the next game against UNH and play Lauwers, Gunn, Darou, Schechter, Fennell and Harms on D. Let the five guys who are fighting for the sixth D spot every game battle it out and show what they have. And let the four untouchables who play D like they are waiting to go on offense sit in the stands in their suits and watch how hungry players play. If JM does that, then we will win Friday night at UNH.

Comment

You know what really annoyed me about those comments, was that 4 summers ago when Madigan was hired, everybody raved at how kids would want to run through walls for the guy. That he knew how to get people fired up, and that when on the prowl looking for money in his development job, people had a tough time telling him no.

I guess trying to sell adults from the 80s who remember the guy as a great player and classmate, is a lot different then getting todays athletes to do what you want them to do. And the worse part, these are all Jim's kids now! Everybody who wanted has left, these are all his recruits! And they have not given 100% effort in 1 full game yet, and have not shown up for a bunch of them, including all three home games!

The fact that only one Madigan backer seems to pop up on any of the message boards I frequent tells the story at this point, and even then its, keep him around 1 more year because of NEXT Years recruits. I mean, I know its hard to try to sell the guy when the team is 0-7-1, but there was crickets prior to the UML series too. Nobody is making excuses for him anymore. That in itself is a sign.
                  DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                    Our hockey program is broken. No one will care ( including the U.).. if we drop the sport. Pls fix it. Or drop it. The real estate that is Matthews can be better utilized. We know this.

Or..NU ADs office.. pls utilize it better by building a decent program. Ridiculous trying compete in H.E like this.. what a fiasco.
                    Unfortunately, even if JM were to be let go a year early, I do not trust the HA to conduct a true search for a coach and bring in a good hockey coach. Another yes man would be in the works. They will not get rid of hockey- it generates too much revenue, the Beanpot plays a significant role in NU Athletics and lore, even with our drought as long as it is. Cutting hockey isn't an option- the only two options are keep the status quo (which will happen until the admin begins to care) or look to reverse it.

I'd agree to your point partially, H01. I'd love to see Benning planted in the stands in a suit. Every game he makes my heart skip about 4 beats with his play. Cockerill/Owens I've liked what I've seen, but I'd only consider Cockerill untouchable there.
                    "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Unfortunately, even if JM were to be let go a year early, I do not trust the HA to conduct a true search for a coach and bring in a good hockey coach. Another yes man would be in the works. They will not get rid of hockey- it generates too much revenue, the Beanpot plays a significant role in NU Athletics and lore, even with our drought as long as it is. Cutting hockey isn't an option- the only two options are keep the status quo (which will happen until the admin begins to care) or look to reverse it.

I'd agree to your point partially, H01. I'd love to see Benning planted in the stands in a suit. Every game he makes my heart skip about 4 beats with his play. Cockerill/Owens I've liked what I've seen, but I'd only consider Cockerill untouchable there.
                      That was me, not H01. I am not against any of them, in particular, but think that a message needs to be sent that nobody is untouchable. It is ridiculous that JM's adjustment to horrible team defense is to switch out the 6th Dman, and then he doesn't even insert the 6th Dman into key game situations, so he really hasn't made any adjustments. He's just doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Comment

• ..that what happens when you have a 'scout'.. that uses software to coach. what a joke. Roby.. make serious changes now! (wishful thinking)
                        GO NU HOCKEY
                        Always bullish on the future.
                        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

As in any type of business, classroom or team situation each player is accountable as are the coaches in there performance . I agree that some of these guys should be sat however start with the ones who would be the most impact like a captain who has taken incredible bad penalties and is rewarded as he sent out again to play the PK. JM must start holding these guys accountable no matter who you are. The last game was an embarrassment to all fans and alumni not because of dumb plays but because it looked like allot of them just quit. JM said it correctly some of them just did not want to sacrifice until they do it will be a very long season

Comment

That was a pretty ugly weekend all around. There were some signs of life in the team up in Lowell, but the "performance" at home was downright embarrassing..... I think for the first time that I've seen, JM in his post game conference looked defeated, downtrodden and out of ideas/ways to right the ship. Just listen to his tone and watch the body language. I'm not sure where we go from here. I'd like to think that all is not lost, especially given that it's still early in the season, but it's hard to look at the schedule and the way the team is playing and see any wins coming any time soon. I hope I'm wrong...
                            Dog House Class of 2003

"Puh Pah Playoffs!...You talk about playoffs?... You kiddin' me? Playoffs?"

55-622-73-35-418, I'm on FIRE!

Comment

Originally posted by beanstalk View Post
                              That was me, not H01. I am not against any of them, in particular, but think that a message needs to be sent that nobody is untouchable. It is ridiculous that JM's adjustment to horrible team defense is to switch out the 6th Dman, and then he doesn't even insert the 6th Dman into key game situations, so he really hasn't made any adjustments. He's just doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
                              Sorry about that. The posts blended as I read them. I agree with you 100% though. It's the definition of insanity.
                              "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Originally posted by Bad knees View Post
                                As in any type of business, classroom or team situation each player is accountable as are the coaches in there performance . I agree that some of these guys should be sat however start with the ones who would be the most impact like a captain who has taken incredible bad penalties and is rewarded as he sent out again to play the PK. JM must start holding these guys accountable no matter who you are. The last game was an embarrassment to all fans and alumni not because of dumb plays but because it looked like allot of them just quit. JM said it correctly some of them just did not want to sacrifice until they do it will be a very long season
                                I was at the Quinnipiac game last Sunday and watched JM yell at the fourth line forwards and the 6th Dman whenever they came off the ice. The first three lines of forwards and the top 5 Dmen made almost all of the bad plays, but they got a pass. That tells you everything you need to know.

Comment

Working...
                                X