Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2014-15: Release the Hounds!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2014-15: Release the Hounds!

Gonna be some ugly rants/posts after this one. It will be hard to argue against any of them, too.

Comment

NU head coach Jim Madigan: "They were men and we were boys."
      "We just didn't get the lucky bounces..."

Comment

Originally posted by Motorboaters View Post
        NU head coach Jim Madigan: "They were men and we were boys."
        Thanks for posting this,apparently coach Madigan is trying on some new rhetoric,it's too painful for me to watch the post game press conferences all the time but for the last few games he was heard to lament of the the proverbial "monkey off our backs" and now this,as if fallacious nonsense will excuse the issues that need to change.Please be honest with your team,University and fans,we still love our Huskies but it's time for radical change,not rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
          Gonna be some ugly rants/posts after this one. It will be hard to argue against any of them, too.
          I do not understand why? They held a lead Friday night for 5 minutes, what more do you want?

I am surprised you are all surprised that this has happened. Did you not see the team fall to pieces last year against a shorthanded bu, and against UNH? I do not understand why anybody thought they would be a top 4 team?

Because they lost their best dman off a unit that sucked to begin with and replaced him with no one?
          Because they lost a 20 goal scorer and replaced him with no one?
          Because the kid who was going to start in goal, who spent a good majority of his career here injured, managed to put together 3/4 of a good season, before coming back down to earth, and then hey, got injured again, and the coaches never brought in a viable backup? No offense to D. Roy, but he has as much right to be in goal out there as any one of us do. Especially hamstrung by this defense.

Every stat out there had this team coming back down to earth. I yelled it and screamed it from the top of every mountain. But no, they were cheated out of the Garden last year by a bad call. Guess they still have not recovered from that.

Now I did not think 0-7-1 was going to happen. Not even I think down to those depths. Maybe playing up at UNH next week will help rid them of the bad things that happened up there last year.

in the end, this is not such a horrible thing. Just winning all the time, takes the fun out of winning. In a season like this, each win will be all that sweeter because we wont know when or if there will be another one!

edit: If things continue on this path, the December break will be an interesting one.... Not cause JM will do the right thing and step down, because its going to be tough to keep good players who may have been planning on moving on come the end of the season anyway...
          Last edited by Huskies01; 11-08-2014, 09:34 PM.
          DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

Now nearly the entire blog agrees with me on Madigan, anyway if you remember I predicted CT's rise in the ranks, they are well funded through their lucrative BB incentive contracts , have deep pockets earmarked specifically for hockey, the unwavering support of the alumni and the entire greater Hartford area and most importantly a great AD who gets it, as well as a pretty darn good coach, who we could have had!

BTW, I want to both games and even missed a couple of my kids U18 and U16 National Bound MA STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS in Marlboro to attend. I knew they would be in the Championships tomorrow so I figured why not give the NU games a shot? Ah, big mistake that team plays better hockey than this one I have to tell you in Friday we were lucky to tie period out shot and out played in every aspect of the game with exception of the ZAR line. We should have lost Friday and were lucky to get a point.

Tonight's game was horrendous and is just another shining example of what we should prepare ourselves for this season, poor hockey performed by talented players with a two (B) goalies and the worst coaching staff top to bottom in DIV 1. However, what's really sad is that JM will get a pass for a while on this entire situation, I bet he hasn't even had a call from our beloved AD.

I predicted 10 goals for UML on here a few pages back they had 8 and they dominated both games I don't care what you read there is really not much to hope for other than a Madigan quits or is dismissed and we all know that really can't happen, can it? The program is going to suck and continue to suck year in and year out and we should expect no more. I even would vote for them to move to the ECAS and let Quinnipiac into HE, but less face it we would still suck down there I mean we lost to Atlantic Hockey and occasional league door mat Bentley in the JM era and they play in a MDC rink in Watertown.

It's just so much easier to get BU tix and drink beers in the stands and just forget about this program which is far from what it should and could be if the proper athletic administration at the university was in place. A few years back this athletic administration prompted the BB team moved to the Colonial at a time when it was a true mid major and now it too is just a backwater conf. with the only hope of an auto bid to the NCAA tourney going to the Conf. Tourney Champion, in that case, we were better off in America East. Does anyone see how that downfall coincided nearly perfectly with are arrival in the conference? Think about it!

We should all be fans of rowing which is the only sport in the history of this university that we have been great at year in and year out throughout the university's existence. I don't see the hockey program ever holding a candle to the rowing program but perhaps the hockey team can hire the entire staff of rowing coach's as I am sure they could at least coach the team to one win this season.
            Last edited by RossiRules; 11-08-2014, 09:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskies01 View Post
              edit: If things continue on this path, the December break will be an interesting one.... Not cause JM will do the right thing and step down, because its going to be tough to keep good players who may have been planning on moving on come the end of the season anyway...
              If you're Matt Filipe, wouldn't you explore other options at this point?
              2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
              2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Look on the bright side. There's nowhere to go but up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                  If you're Matt Filipe, wouldn't you explore other options at this point?
                  no, but Kevin Roy should be

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                    I unfortunately expect Roy and Szmatula to bounce as soon as the playoffs are over. I'd love to see them stay for one more year. But at this stage of the game it just isn't very plausible.
                    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                      I unfortunately expect Roy and Szmatula to bounce as soon as the playoffs are over. I'd love to see them stay for one more year. But at this stage of the game it just isn't very plausible.
                      Do you really expect Szmatula to leave for a whopping $415 per week in the ECHL? That is likely where he will land without another year or two of NCAA experience, given his size and lack of NHL draft pick. He is making significantly more money through his Northeastern scholarship, while also receiving an education and enjoying the college experience (at least when he's off the ice). If he leaves at the end of his senior season, he will likely get an AHL deal and can finish his degree online. Then, he can make six figures in Europe if the NHL dream doesn't pan out. Seems like a better choice. With Roy, it depends what Anaheim says. The Ducks may have been more excited for him to come after last season than they are right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                        It certainly appears he's already checked out. Totally invisible last night.
                        2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                        2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Opinions on Madigan's post game remarks as seen in the Globe today?

Comment

• My opinion is we need a new Head Coach.. yesterday.
                            Thank you.
                            GO NU HOCKEY
                            Always bullish on the future.
                            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by beanstalk View Post
                              Do you really expect Szmatula to leave for a whopping $415 per week in the ECHL? That is likely where he will land without another year or two of NCAA experience, given his size and lack of NHL draft pick. He is making significantly more money through his Northeastern scholarship, while also receiving an education and enjoying the college experience (at least when he's off the ice). If he leaves at the end of his senior season, he will likely get an AHL deal and can finish his degree online. Then, he can make six figures in Europe if the NHL dream doesn't pan out. Seems like a better choice. With Roy, it depends what Anaheim says. The Ducks may have been more excited for him to come after last season than they are right now.
                              I agree with you that staying in college would be the best long-term option for them. But we have seen before, kids leave before they likely should have. I wonder if ANA would offer Roy a contract just because they wouldn't want him to regress. I think it's fair to say he has regressed since last year, would they want one of their prospects to completely fall off the table when they have a say in who coaches him? Szmatula is a tougher case. He can sign with anyone, but I do think he would be better suited staying in college. But if he wants to just play pro hockey, and like Karlsson, classes aren't his thing, it'd be a tough sell to keep him. From what I've seen and heard, he loves his teammates and love his time here at NU. But come end of the season, "advisers" chiming in their advice, never know what might transpire.
                              "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
                                Opinions on Madigan's post game remarks as seen in the Globe today?
                                Stating the obvious. Basically saying "We stunk all game," which is accurate. This line caught my eye: "we didn’t want to make the sacrifices and commitment to play that kind of game." That is a team philosophy, team mentality problem. That comes from the top of the leadership, whether it's the coaches, captains, unofficial leaders in the locker room- it's up to them to instill that mentality.
                                "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Working...
                                X