Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2014-15: Release the Hounds!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2014-15: Release the Hounds!

Originally posted by retsap71 View Post
    I've never heard you predict a win.
    Correct, seldom have I ever predicted a win under the hapless coach called Jim Madigan, If you think he has coached this team to earned wins you are drinking the Roby cool aid. This team had some wins because of their sheer talent and usually it was not predictable by any stretch of the imagination. If the team won last year it was because Witt and Roy and some others were likely carrying the team, because nobody predicts this team to win anything, which is sad because I think they are way more talented then their records under JM would indicate, I think that if any top college hockey coach had inherited the commitments and the talent that JM has had in his 4 plus seasons as head coach we would have been in the NCAA tournament every year. Wins, I just haven't had a chance to feel comfortable to make that prediction, but if you like, I say we might win a game against Merrimack, so there you have it. It should be noted however that I predicted tons of them fairly recently right on this Forum under Cronin and in person I predicted hundreds under Fern even if they were mostly from the rafters in my suit. Here is my prediction this will be the worst year in the history of the school in terms of success if they don't pick it up fast look at the schedule who is it that you think we are going to beat? who/ New Hampshire away, Maine, PC I think CT is going to give us fits through the neutral zone I have been to 4 games and seem about 15 total minutes of winning hockey so sorry if I am not predicting wins at this juncture.
    Last edited by RossiRules; 11-06-2014, 08:46 PM.

Comment

• any way you look at it.. JM.. if he stays beyond this season.. is doing more harm than good far as NU Hockey. He's already done more harm by not being honest with himself!..
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Huskies01 View Post
        Really? Then why was he still available for us to bring in last winter? Everybody else over look his talent?
        Knock knock.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskies01 View Post
          Really? Then why was he still available for us to bring in last winter? Everybody else over look his talent?
          Who is the Jake Gardiner you are referring to? Theonly one I've ever heard of is a Maple Leaf D.

If we are to win at all this weekend, our forwards will have to play like their hair is on fire and their lives depend on protecting their goalie (whoever that may be)

Comment

Today's game will be a crossroads for team. I watched on hockey east access yesterday pertaining to John Stevens what caught my eye was when he was asked about his JR hockey days I think in Dubuque he mentioned that this team won because of the way there coach approached championships. Stevens, Benning and Szmatula who won 3 cups there. JM must get those guys plus Roy who I read went to the finals now I would be dumb if I thought if the USHL was close to college hockey but winning is winning these guys Roy Benning Szmatula and Stevens must be the catalysts to get us out of this slump plus Roy or Witt must steal us a game. I don't believe that these guys just forgot how to be champions . JM must get the best out of these guys because as of now they are far short of there capabilities . Yes the program has problems but we still have 28 games to play and already just last night put own radio guys predicted that we would be blown out tonight that is an embarrassment to have our guys write off the team already being a former alumni it's hard for me to swallow. I hope the team proves us all wrong allot of hockey yet to play
            Last edited by Bad knees; 11-07-2014, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Hey guys. Remember how the preseason thread was named "Resurrection Over?"
              Boston University 2014
              It's all part of the plan.

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                I expected that from someone. NU hockey was coming off its most successful season in 5 years. Both soccer programs have had sustained success over the last 4. NU baseball, Women's ice hockey, field hockey, and volleyball all have had periods of recent success. They may not be sports that draw massive crowds of spectators, but I would still expect the director of all athletics to mention them and their successes when discussing the topic of athletics to new students.
                I hopped in here to get a feel for what to expect this weekend as I haven't had the time to really follow the boards as closely this year as I have in years past. I was honestly curious when that post came up on what the other sports were like.

I mostly just wanted to comment that academic success and athletic success are not mutually exclusive but, as was pointed out a number of times, the push for change has to come from the top. As was mentioned, UML has had a pretty decent transformation and trust me, that direction is coming from the Chancellor's office. We still have the same AD as we had under the previous Chancellor.

I wish you luck with your progam, after this weekend anyhow , it sucks being in the position you're in.
                Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
                  Correct, seldom have I ever predicted a win under the hapless coach called Jim Madigan, If you think he has coached this team to earned wins you are drinking the Roby cool aid. This team had some wins because of their sheer talent and usually it was not predictable by any stretch of the imagination. If the team won last year it was because Witt and Roy and some others were likely carrying the team, because nobody predicts this team to win anything, which is sad because I think they are way more talented then their records under JM would indicate, I think that if any top college hockey coach had inherited the commitments and the talent that JM has had in his 4 plus seasons as head coach we would have been in the NCAA tournament every year. Wins, I just haven't had a chance to feel comfortable to make that prediction, but if you like, I say we might win a game against Merrimack, so there you have it. It should be noted however that I predicted tons of them fairly recently right on this Forum under Cronin and in person I predicted hundreds under Fern even if they were mostly from the rafters in my suit. Here is my prediction this will be the worst year in the history of the school in terms of success if they don't pick it up fast look at the schedule who is it that you think we are going to beat? who/ New Hampshire away, Maine, PC I think CT is going to give us fits through the neutral zone I have been to 4 games and seem about 15 total minutes of winning hockey so sorry if I am not predicting wins at this juncture.
                  NCAA tournament every year. OK, and I am the one drinking cool aid.
                  The Artist formally known as Steve66

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                    I hopped in here to get a feel for what to expect this weekend as I haven't had the time to really follow the boards as closely this year as I have in years past. I was honestly curious when that post came up on what the other sports were like.

I mostly just wanted to comment that academic success and athletic success are not mutually exclusive but, as was pointed out a number of times, the push for change has to come from the top. As was mentioned, UML has had a pretty decent transformation and trust me, that direction is coming from the Chancellor's office. We still have the same AD as we had under the previous Chancellor.

I wish you luck with your progam, after this weekend anyhow , it sucks being in the position you're in.
                    Good pts..
                    just take it easy on us this wknd. On second thought.. have at it. That'll (hopefully) speed up some change for us in coming seasons!
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    Always bullish on the future.
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                      Good pts..
                      just take it easy on us this wknd. On second thought.. have at it. That'll (hopefully) speed up some change for us in coming seasons!
                      I choose to push for a whomping of NU personally. Sadly, it just might take you guys hitting rock bottom to get a change if it hasn't happened yet.

NU is the other school that accepted me for, so I do have a small soft spot for you guys and always root for you in the Beanpot. Be nice to see you guys take another one or two before I die.
                      Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                      Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                      "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                      KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                        NU is the other school that accepted me for, so I do have a small soft spot for you guys and always root for you in the Beanpot.
                        Must have been a down year in qualified applicants.

For both schools.
                        DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

Sauce and Torin are back, per a photo of their jerseys hanging in the locker room
                          "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

I really don't care how, just win a freakin' game. I love Bazin and how the Riverhawks play, but they are beatable after who they lost last year (especially in net). If we play like we did in the 3rd period Friday and 1st period Saturday, we have a chance.

Also, what's up with Lowell charging 10 bucks for an online feed? It better be 3D with Fred Cusick calling the game.
                            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post

Also, what's up with Lowell charging 10 bucks for an online feed? It better be 3D with Fred Cusick calling the game.
                              Agreed. I am a Mass citizen, you would think my tax dollars would get me the feed for free!
                              DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                                I really don't care how, just win a freakin' game. I love Bazin and how the Riverhawks play, but they are beatable after who they lost last year (especially in net). If we play like we did in the 3rd period Friday and 1st period Saturday, we have a chance.

That would be reeeeeeeeeeeeaaaallly creepy.

Comment

Working...
                                X