Nanook Nation 2014-2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    Tha Aces sold the Jumbtron to the city....the city "contracted out" the operating of the Jumbotron which takes 6 people with laptops tp run it at the cost of over $2500.00 an event.
    No wonder your tickets are so **** expensive now.
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Re: Nanook Nation 2014-2015

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
      Renting out the Sully and the Jumbotron costs UAA $26,000 per weekend. Oi vey!

On attendance, I'd rather lose fans to a pro team than to a junior team.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

You must be losing that _airbanks lack of mental ability.
        Breathing the good air and water of the Mad Zoo is admittedly a step up from what the burg on the edge of nowhere offers.
        I agree with you again.
        The tickets are overpriced!
        But once you get in so are the popcorn, hot dogs and soda. Of which along with the $6 parking fee we receive nilch, zip, nada,nothing.
        What's wrong with this picture?
        Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 03-19-2015, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Seawolf Hockey at the Sully
          Parking $6
          Ticket $25.50 no not for a couple, that's each ticket.
          Hot dog or soda take your pick $4
          Popcorn shoots a $5 bill.

Is the parking at the Carlson still free? If it is spend the saved $6 at The Fudge Pot.
          How do the other prices compare?
          And does UA_ receive any of the proceeds?

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
            Seawolf Hockey at the Sully
            Parking $6
            Ticket $25.50 no not for a couple, that's each ticket.
            Hot dog or soda take your pick $4
            Popcorn shoots a $5 bill.

Is the parking at the Carlson still free? If it is spend the saved $6 at The Fudge Pot.
            How do the other prices compare?
            And does UA_ receive any of the proceeds?
            Yes, lower, and jack squat.
            “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
              Renting out the Sully and the Jumbotron costs UAA $26,000 per weekend. Oi vey!

On attendance, I'd rather lose fans to a pro team than to a junior team.
              At those ticket prices you should still be making money on gate receipts, even after giveaways and promotions.

I want to say the Carlson is about $20,000 per weekend but I can't remember for sure.
              Last edited by Squarebanks; 03-19-2015, 10:22 PM.

Comment

At those ticket prices you should still be making money on gate receipts, even after giveaways and promotions.

I want to say the Carlson is about $20,000 per weekend but I can't remember for sure.
                Well, that doesn't count what they have to spend on the visiting teams airfare!!
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                  Well, that doesn't count what they have to spend on the visiting teams airfare!!
                  True.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                    The figure I was told several times is $3000 per event so that's your "over $2500".
                    How could that thing take 6 operators? One to post each teams score. For those keeping track or if you're Norwegian or a UA_ graduate that's 2. Another two to post SOG. One for the minutes and another for the seconds. Those guys are being overworked.
                    And from what I saw it must be a real steep learning curve cause there were errors and omissions all season.
                    6 grand a weekend! At that price let's go back to the old antique and skip the kissing cam.
                    How many people does it take to run the scoreboard and ribbon at the Alaska Airlines Center?
                    The scoreboard at the AAC looks a lot like the one at the Sully. Again, how many people does it take to run it, and what does it cost to do so at the AAC?

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Sounds like American International and RPI are coming for the Goal Rush this year. I bet that'll really pack the Carlson.

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                        Sounds like American International and RPI are coming for the Goal Rush this year. I bet that'll really pack the Carlson.
                        Well RPI isn't too bad, they have a good fanbase and a dedicated one.
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          Well RPI isn't too bad, they have a good fanbase and a dedicated one.
                          RPI has been up before, if my memory is right. Not going to lie, I was hoping for some stronger opponents (although you are right in that RPI is usually pretty solid) to help the WCHA in the PWR. Better hope we both beat up on St. Cloud.

Comment

RPI has been up before, if my memory is right. Not going to lie, I was hoping for some stronger opponents (although you are right in that RPI is usually pretty solid) to help the WCHA in the PWR. Better hope we both beat up on St. Cloud.
                            I thought the original inference was the inability to up attendance????
                            Strength of opponent is a whole different ballgame with these two teams.
                            Have to agree with you that neither one is going to draw fans.
                            From an Alaska fan point of view: who are they?
                            Maybe Dallas has a whole different twist to why he invited these two?
                            The guy isn't exactly dumb when it comes to running a hockey program.
                            I didn't really say that. It was the alcohol talking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                              I thought the original inference was the inability to up attendance????
                              Strength of opponent is a whole different ballgame with these two teams.
                              Have to agree with you that neither one is going to draw fans.
                              From an Alaska fan point of view: who are they?
                              Maybe Dallas has a whole different twist to why he invited these two?
                              The guy isn't exactly dumb when it comes to running a hockey program.
                              I didn't really say that. It was the alcohol talking.
                              I was just being a smartass about attendance, although I did have to google American International. They are located in Springfield, Mass., and have the dubious distinction of routinely having the lowest average home attendance in college hockey.

Curious who our third non-conference series is and where. My $$ is on a roadie to Penn State, based on recent trends.

Comment

seems I heard somewhere that Minnesota was going to be at the Brice in 2015, but pulled out of that commitment....AIC was probably a last minute and maybe only alternative to join RPI..

Comment

Working...
                                X