• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nanook Nation 2014-2015

Great video of last nights win over MSU (45 min long) from KTVF11 Sports

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHFp...ature=youtu.be

Comment

I'm still in awe of what happened. Nanooks held the 3rd ranked scoring offense at 3.79 goals per game, to 2 goals in 2 games. Outstanding defensive effort all weekend, and Sean Cahill played with some serious heart.

Meanwhile our sisters to the south lose by a touchdown and a field goal and straight up got wrecked by the Huskies this weekend.

I hope those words from Dallas last night - (paraphrasing) "Even though we're done at home, this season isn't over yet. I really want to win the Governor's Cup." - mean something. That first series blew horse turds, largely due to the officiating. I've never seen our fans throw trash on the ice, and that's what happened... If last night for both teams was any indication, the 'Nooks can get it done.
      Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

You can save your firepower for the Governor's Cup and just pretend the games in Huntsville are practice.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

We can’t really blame officiating for the first two games of the Governor’s Cup, no matter how awful it was. When we rack up 48 shots (83 on the weekend) and four posts on a Saturday night and still can’t get it done, it’s just bad juju. We should have been close to putting up a ten spot on the Seaweed two. But that’s what’s both frustrating and yet endearing about the game.

If the Nooks continue to play like they did this weekend, we may still have a shot at putting up a 10 spot on the Seaweed.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
            We can’t really blame officiating for the first two games of the Governor’s Cup, no matter how awful it was. When we rack up 48 shots (83 on the weekend) and four posts on a Saturday night and still can’t get it done, it’s just bad juju. We should have been close to putting up a ten spot on the Seaweed two. But that’s what’s both frustrating and yet endearing about the game.

If the Nooks continue to play like they did this weekend, we may still have a shot at putting up a 10 spot on the Seaweed.
            I suppose I agree on the officiating part. It did blow, but it didn't have an impact on the game other than 2 power play goals for ACC in the 1st game. And it evened out in the 2nd game, but like you said when you have all the chances in the world and can't hit the net you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Hey UAFHockeyFan314,
              Does it seem like USCHO has had server issues the last few days? Or is it only me?

Comment

• Originally posted by mmf View Post

Mantha has been ridden hard and put up wet by his D the entire second half of the season. I think Thomas screwed up playing him night after night in their losing streak. He's held up well but you can't let a frosh goalie get hit with 35-40+ shots every night. He was bound to crack eventually and it just so happened to be this weekend against Tech. The question is whether or not they can recover mentally after getting drawn and quartered by Tech.
                Last edited by Squarebanks; 02-15-2015, 07:10 PM.
                “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Originally posted by mmf View Post
                  Hey UAFHockeyFan314,
                  Does it seem like USCHO has had server issues the last few days? Or is it only me?
                  Has seemed fine to me. Might just be MTU DDoS'ing their servers with goals.

Comment

Maybe USCHO just caught a bit of the flu bug that's going around and that's why it looked a bit sluggish and was not performing well. I hear that's a good excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post

I'll take some of that speculation........ 2 muskrat pelts vs. 6 of your "best finds" at the mall........
                      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                        "best finds" at the mall........
                        Bentley Mall, Shoppers Forum, or the 2 Street Emporium?
                        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

No the 4 most "shopped" malls in _airbanks...nice try...no cookie
                          Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

T. Morley and Cahill named WCHA offensive and defensive players of the week.

It probably shouldn't count since Mankato says they had sick and injured players, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                              T. Morley and Cahill named WCHA offensive and defensive players of the week.

It probably shouldn't count since Mankato says they had sick and injured players, though.
                              I’m feeling guilty now. Maybe we could ask the Commissioner to retroactively vacate those games due to Maverick illnesses. I believe they came down with a strain of the pairwise flu.

Comment

Surprised this hasn't popped up over here as it has been on the interwebs, but Justin Woods is cancer free. Good news!

Comment

Working...
                                X