2014 - 2015 Game of the Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 - 2015 Game of the Week

Since the majority of the schedules are out, what are some of the matchups you're looking forward to this season. This doesn't have to include your team and or be a conference matchup. New rivals? Upcoming team? Huge NCAA ramifications?
    Remy Babineaux
    remyb616@gmail.com
    D3FHL Web Page

Re: 2014 - 2015 Game of the Week

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
    Since the majority of the schedules are out, what are some of the matchups you're looking forward to this season. This doesn't have to include your team and or be a conference matchup. New rivals? Upcoming team? Huge NCAA ramifications?
    For Oswego, and to answer your questions:
    1) The Oswego-Plattsburgh series is always exciting so that's a matchup I can't wait for. Also looking forward to the Frozen Dome classic vs. Utica.
    2) New rivals...well Geneseo is starting to emerge as a new rival and while we had some memorable matchups, Lakers-Knights doesn't have the intensity of Lakers-Cardinals. Utica can be a non-league rival, as well as Elmira and Hobart.
    3) Upcoming team would have to be Brockport, after they beat us on our Senior Day. Nieuwendyk, Luker, and Taylor seem to be stepping up and pointing Brockport in the right direction. Potsdam is showing promise too.
    4) NCAA ramifications...well I haven't really kept in touch so I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by DanyDOSU2015 View Post
      For Oswego, and to answer your questions:
      1) The Oswego-Plattsburgh series is always exciting so that's a matchup I can't wait for. Also looking forward to the Frozen Dome classic vs. Utica.
      2) New rivals...well Geneseo is starting to emerge as a new rival and while we had some memorable matchups, Lakers-Knights doesn't have the intensity of Lakers-Cardinals. Utica can be a non-league rival, as well as Elmira and Hobart.
      3) Upcoming team would have to be Brockport, after they beat us on our Senior Day. Nieuwendyk, Luker, and Taylor seem to be stepping up and pointing Brockport in the right direction. Potsdam is showing promise too.
      4) NCAA ramifications...well I haven't really kept in touch so I don't know.
      Ill just add a nice start to the season for Oswego with the U-18 team that will have probably 10 games under its belt already, vs D1 and USHL teams.
      Should be interesting to see if Platty battles Utica in their tourny?? And should be fun to see how Buff st fairs vs SNB for 2 in Wisconsin,also they travel to Norwich for their tourny as well..........ow yea no Carr in the net,and not a game played by any of the backup netminders last yr,can you say transfer???....Ow Genny going to Adrian in Jan should be a nice game unlike last yr, I think Genny gained a lot last yr in the experience dept, and have brought in what looks to be a stacked class of recruits.
      Last edited by bakdraft21; 09-22-2014, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
        Ill just add a nice start to the season for Oswego with the U-18 team that will have probably 10 games under its belt already, vs D1 and USHL teams.
        Should be interesting to see if Platty battles Utica in their tourny?? And should be fun to see how Buff st fairs vs SNC for 2 in Wisconsin,also they travel to Norwich for their tourny as well..........ow yea no Carr in the net,and not a game played by any of the backup netminders last yr,can you say transfer???....Ow Genny going to Adrian in Jan should be a nice game unlike last yr, I think Genny gained a lot last yr in the experience dept, and have brought in what looks to be a stacked class of recruits.
        Fyp
        http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
          Fyp
          SNB is acceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by haulin oats View Post
            SNB is acceptable.
            So says collegehockeystats.net too
            Larry Normandin
            SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
            WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

St. Norbert travel to Adrian for the first time. Two games that I have maked on my calendar.

Comment

Originally posted by haulin oats View Post
                SNB is acceptable.
                Then, I declare, so will be us westerners just using 'EC' for Eau Claire...
                St. Norbert College Green Knights
                NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                ---
                SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
                  St. Norbert travel to Adrian for the first time. Two games that I have marked on my calendar.
                  Ditto for me...looking forward to the trip..
                  SNC Men:
                  Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                  NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                  SNC Women:
                  O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Working...
                  X