Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: >>>>>RIT TIGERS... The Polisseum, just like the Ritter only more of us!<<<<<

With the ads on the ice, I thought we would be able to have clean, ad-free boards...it no longer appears that is the case.

The boards had nothing on them during the dedication or season ticket holder event...but in this video from media day yesterday, you can see ads all over the boards in the background: http://www.rochesterhomepage.net/sto...9UmM5cDamJcmBg

kind of disappointing.

Edit: I understand the need for advertising revenue. I am a fan of ad-free ice and boards, with ads around the venue like Ritter had. I think clean playing areas just look better.
    Last edited by mar7967; 09-26-2014, 06:33 AM.
    Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
    College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
    Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
    Men's Frozen Four 2010
    Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
    Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Re: >>>>>RIT TIGERS... The Polisseum, just like the Ritter only more of us!<<<<<

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
      Opening up at Air Force and Robert Morris will be a tough test right off the bat.
      Should be a walk in the park after our OOC games...
      RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
        With the ads on the ice, I thought we would be able to have clean, ad-free boards...it no longer appears that is the case.

The boards had nothing on them during the dedication or season ticket holder event...but in this video from media day yesterday, you can see ads all over the boards in the background: http://www.rochesterhomepage.net/sto...9UmM5cDamJcmBg

kind of disappointing.

Edit: I understand the need for advertising revenue. I am a fan of ad-free ice and boards, with ads around the venue like Ritter had. I think clean playing areas just look better.
        I know what you mean. However, and I know there will probably be lots of disagreement on this, in some ways the advertising actually adds to the atmosphere of the rink. Sort of gives it more home town feeling to see that local businesses are contributing.
        RIT TIGERS
        Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
        Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions/NCAA Tournament 2010, 2015, 2016
        Frozen Four 2010
        The Gene Polisseni Center @ RIT

Comment

kind of disappointing.

I was expecting ads, especially with how the fundraising effort has been going. I am just glad to see that for the most part it looks like they all have white backgrounds. I would have been disappointed to see something like this: http://www.hockeybarn.com/images_con.../200902/5b.jpg
          RIT Tiger Hockey
          Cinderella is dancing again!

Comment

kind of disappointing.

This is extremely disappointing...

I was surprised that they were clean when I went in for the dedication but figured they did the right thing and kept it that way (as it was in Ritter). Sad to now know we were all duped.
            RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RITFan67 View Post
              I know what you mean. However, and I know there will probably be lots of disagreement on this, in some ways the advertising actually adds to the atmosphere of the rink. Sort of gives it more home town feeling to see that local businesses are contributing.
              I agree with you there, it's always good to see a local business's name on the boards......just another something to help to pay the bills too.
              RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
                Should be a walk in the park after our OOC games...
                Clarkson and St. Lawrence are games they can win for sure as they are expected to be in the bottom half of the ECAC. I expect the Tigers to come out all out for their first regular season games. I would not be surprised if they got a split at least there. The Boston College game undoubtedly will be tough.
                2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                2010 Frozen Four participant
                2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                  Saw one of the guys on crutches in SCB today. I'm pretty sure it was Holland.

He was pretty good at the end of the year last year when he broke into the lineup, would be unfortunate to have him sidelined for any length of time.
                  He got in the way of a shot by Kuqali. Hopefully it's not serious.

Also, not sure if this has been mentioned, but Greg Amlog, the transfer from Lowell, is eligible to play this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Lerch View Post
                    He got in the way of a shot by Kuqali. Hopefully it's not serious.

Also, not sure if this has been mentioned, but Greg Amlog, the transfer from Lowell, is eligible to play this season.
                    Not that I'm not happy to hear this, but how?

Should help to shore up our biggest weakness though

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                      7th would be an unacceptable finish this year, I think we need to aim for top 5...ideally top 4.
                      7th should be an unacceptable finish ANY year for this program (not to mention last year's finish - I won't even mention the number). It sickens me that we even have to discuss this.
                      Can't we all just get along?
                      Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                        Here is my outlook. Last time Wilson's teams had a drop off, it took them two years to correct the ship. So I think they could be in top four, but this is where I see things to start...
                        Technically, last time a Wilson team had a drop off, they were replaced with a new (D-I) team. I look at that as a "do-over". We never got the pleasure to see the turnaround or how long it was going to take. This time, there's not going to be a do-over. They have to turn things around. It's just a question of how long it will take. I think we'll have a fairly good idea how much of a step forward they'll take this season within the first couple months.
                        Can't we all just get along?
                        Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                          Technically, last time a Wilson team had a drop off, they were replaced with a new (D-I) team. I look at that as a "do-over". We never got the pleasure to see the turnaround or how long it was going to take. This time, there's not going to be a do-over. They have to turn things around. It's just a question of how long it will take. I think we'll have a fairly good idea how much of a step forward they'll take this season within the first couple months.
                          I got to disagree with you there. A couple of very key players on that team that won the AHA regular season in first year were recruited before the announcement. I really believe if they had not made the move to D-I that Wayne was onto a team that would have been in the frozen four and probably a D-III National Championship. Not that I regret at all the move. We shall see...
                          Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                          The Mule
                          Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

So excited. I'm still curious as to why he moved over to play with us, but he's going to be a big help.

Originally posted by kwh7433 View Post
                            Not that I'm not happy to hear this, but how?

Should help to shore up our biggest weakness though
                            RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                              Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                              I got to disagree with you there. A couple of very key players on that team that won the AHA regular season in first year were recruited before the announcement. I really believe if they had not made the move to D-I that Wayne was onto a team that would have been in the frozen four and probably a D-III National Championship. Not that I regret at all the move. We shall see...
                              No matter which of you is correct, I do think we can agree that the circumstances with this downturn are different from the downturn back then. If for no other reason that as a whole the quality of the AHA has improved. I believe that this season and probably next season are going to be bellwether one's for Wilson and the program. If some of the fans here are correct, then Wilson has one more physical recruiting tool in his bag to use. Now lets see what he can do with it.
                              My Four Favorite teams:
                              RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
                              Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
                                So excited. I'm still curious as to why he moved over to play with us, but he's going to be a big help.
                                If a player's scholarship is revoked, he/she can appeal to the NCAA for an exception to become eligible immediately upon transfer. My understanding is that this was the case with Amlong at Lowell.

Comment

Working...
                                X