Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>>RIT TIGERS... The Polisseum, just like the Ritter only more of us!<<<<<

Originally posted by tigerprincess7 View Post
    Since when?? I thought a tie or OTL was worth one point.
    A tie is worth 1 point. an OTL is with 0. Thats the way it has always been in AHA. All games are with 2 points - Wins get 2 points, Losses get 0 points. Ties get 1 each.

Other leagues may vary.
    Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
    College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
    Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
    Men's Frozen Four 2010
    Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
    Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
      Atlantic Hockey columnist for USCHO Dan Rubin weighs in (second item in blog post): http://www.uscho.com/atlantic-hockey...tober-26-2014/
      For sure the officiating was brutal and cost RIT the game but I heard the coach was riding the refs pretty much from the opening face-off and didn't let up the entire game. If that's the case then maybe this loss is on the coach and not the refs although they shouldn't be taking it out on the team.

Comment

• Re: >>>>>RIT TIGERS... The Polisseum, just like the Ritter only more of us!<<<<<

Originally posted by mexhockey View Post
        For sure the officiating was brutal and cost RIT the game but I heard the coach was riding the refs pretty much from the opening face-off and didn't let up the entire game. If that's the case then maybe this loss is on the coach and not the refs although they shouldn't be taking it out on the team.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTT6injMBvs

You can never pin a loss on just one thing. However getting to the actual game winner, yes the faceoff should not had been in that end, but Rotolo should have had that puck and never allowed the rebound. Clear lane, he saw all the way, didn't get tipped. In OT you have to have those, horrible rebound goal. I know everyone loves Rotolo and I like his fire too, but I am still not sold on him. Not that I am any more sold on Ruby, but I have to say if Wayne rides Rotolo without better results than Saturday night it would be a mistake in my view...
        Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
        The Mule
        Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

The most important factor in that bad icing call is that RIT did not get a line change because of it, so the guys who had just been out there killing a penalty had to stay there while Air Force brought out a fresh set of skaters.

Comment

The perfect storm... ref gets into the path of the puck on a previous play, stressed refs, bad icing call, tired players, players and coach lose focus on the game and get mad at refs, all in a sudden death OT situation. Bad outcome inevitable.
            RIT TIGERS
            Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
            Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions/NCAA Tournament 2010, 2015, 2016
            Frozen Four 2010
            The Gene Polisseni Center @ RIT

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
              but I am still not sold on him. Not that I am any more sold on Ruby

Does that mean you are sold on MacLean?
              2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
              2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
              2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
              2010 Frozen Four participant
              2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

I would be pretty upset as a coach if the other team got 4 power play opportunities in the first period and you didn't get 1.

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                  I would be pretty upset as a coach if the other team got 4 power play opportunities in the first period and you didn't get 1.
                  I've never bought into the old school theory that ref had to "even up" the calls - if one team commits 10 infractions and the other team commits 2 then the penalties should 10-2 but for sure from the start of the game things were wonky. After stating in the papers that they were going to be physical, we're the ones who got all the marginal calls. And the first sign that things were not going to go our way was the interference call we got early in the 1st on a breakaway when we had a trailer on the play that ended up sliding into the net.

Not sure what caused it but we came out with the penalty - even the extremely homer play-by-play guys were surprised by that one. That might have been the one that set the coach off for the rest of the game and whether it was the refs that caused the coach to lose it or the coach that caused the ref to take it out on us, the end result was a costly loss of 2 points.

And I also agree that on the actual goal, Rotolo has to take ownership letting that shot get away. No screen, no tip so no reason to drop it and if he hadn't, maybe we do get the 2 points or at least salvage the tie.

Comment

And I also agree that on the actual goal, Rotolo has to take ownership letting that shot get away. No screen, no tip so no reason to drop it and if he hadn't, maybe we do get the 2 points or at least salvage the tie.
                    Are we watching the same video? How is he supposed to not let a rebound on a shot that hits the side of his body on his stick side? Really want to put it on him that he didn't catch something across his body? What you can really see in the video is the followup by AF with their fresh skaters beating our guys that were inside them. They crashed hard.

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                      Does that mean you are sold on MacLean?
                      Well it kind of the Buffalo effect...

Not sold on the Bills, but not sold on the Sabres, so that leaves what the Bisons...

I think that is one of my best analogies of all time!

Originally posted by kwh7433 View Post
                      Are we watching the same video? How is he supposed to not let a rebound on a shot that hits the side of his body on his stick side? Really want to put it on him that he didn't catch something across his body? What you can really see in the video is the followup by AF with their fresh skaters beating our guys that were inside them. They crashed hard.
                      From the video I saw looked like a clean view of the puck and Perron-Fontaine did a great job of getting out of the way and letting him see the puck. Shot like that from so far out needs to be smother or kicked into this corner. You leak like that, your going to let in a lot of weak goals...

even the extremely homer play-by-play guys were surprised by that one.
                      How did Ed become more than one person? A passionate RIT guy yes, but long way to go before he is in the homer category of Hawk Harrelson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBwNiZmnSDM
                      Last edited by Tom Naeger; 10-27-2014, 01:50 PM.

Thomas M. Naeger
                      The Mule

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

How did Ed become more than one person? A passionate RIT guy yes, but long way to go before he is in the homer category of Hawk Harrelson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBwNiZmnSDM
                        I think he meant Jay Ritchie and Dave Toller from Air Force.

Comment

Not sold on the Bills, but not sold on the Sabres, so that leaves what the Bisons...

I think that is one of my best analogies of all time!
                          Not really. You can choose not to root for any of the Buffalo teams. Coach HAS to start a goalie - either Rotolo, Ruby, or MacLean. If he isn't going with a rotation, I think you need to stick to a main starter and only occasionally give him the night off. If you start yanking goalies after a bad game, you are not sending the right kind of message.

Playing goalie roulette after a whole 6 games is a bit absurd.

Comment

Yeah it doesn't really matter if you are "sold" on Rotolo at this point. He's clearly better than Ruby and MacLean is a junior with all of 3 games experience (speaks for itself). We can wish for him to be DeMike or Madolora all we want, but he is what he is....and that happens to be our best goalie and therefore best chance to win.
                            RIT

Comment

Originally posted by kwh7433 View Post
                              I was watching the same video as Tom - clear view of the shot and he was square to it - a routine save that he should have easily held onto, in which case there would have been nothing for those fresh AF skaters to crash hard for.

Hey - I still think Rotolo is the best option we have but as a goalie and goalie coach, I don't think there was any reason for him not to have swallowed up that shot.

Comment

Just to be clear I am not sold on either guy, and I do "think" Rotolo is the better goaltender at this time. I think it would be a mistake not to give Ruby any shot and just Ride Rotolo. But once again Wayne Wilson will have the final word and a chance to prove why he is Wayne Wilson and I am not...
                                Last edited by Tom Naeger; 10-28-2014, 10:31 AM.

Thomas M. Naeger
                                The Mule

Comment

Working...
                                X