This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Season 2014 - 2015 Thread: PART I

only RIT but nice response in a hostile environment. always good when you can play in front of 10,000+. four goals from dmen...good sign. gonna need more of that. lowell beat and tied quinnipiac this weekend, so maybe they are better than we thought anyway. time will tell, but bazin is a very good coach, so i'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

beat CC!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      only RIT but nice response in a hostile environment. always good when you can play in front of 10,000+. four goals from dmen...good sign. gonna need more of that. lowell beat and tied quinnipiac this weekend, so maybe they are better than we thought anyway. time will tell, but bazin is a very good coach, so i'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

beat CC!
      yes, much better. Lowell is tough, they aren't going away any time soon. Bazin has built a solid program

Comment

don't get the gaudreau scratch

nice bounce back, definitely needed

Comment

Eagles were the much faster and skilled team, although RIT seemed to step up their speed and play in the third period.
          BC controlled play for long stretches in the RIT zone in the first but never managed to set up any quality chances.
          Second period was a different story as the Eagles managed to find the open man for quality goals.
          Third period RIT cam out flying and scored a minute in on a BC defensive turnover caused by RIT pressure. The Eagles responded well, not allowing the Tigers to gain any momentum by answering both RIT goals in the period with a goal of their own.

Gaudreau scratch... Silk is off injured reserve. I can see maybe a rotation with Straight and Gaudreau until a winner emerges?

Offensively, the D is really stepping up in the offensive zone, as well as in transition. Forwards are doing a very good job covering. This is a plus, as we saw 4 goals by d-men last night. Until we see the forwards start to gel as units, I think we'll continue to see the puck dumped back to the blue line and the O quarterbacked by the D. No harm here... go with your strength.

PP... the Eagles worked very hard getting the puck to McCoshen to unload THE BOMB. They/he finally hit pay dirt with 2:30 to go. Good things can and will happen when the bomb is on net.

Defense... looked good breaking out of the zone pretty much all night, EXCEPT when RIT came out skating with an aggressive forecheck in the third. A forced turnover resulted in RIT's first goal. Against good teams, this is going to be a problem for the Eagles until they get it figured out. No time for hesitation in the D zone against better teams.

All in all, a win's a win. Hope to see this team improve each week, starting with CC and UMass at Conte next weekend.
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Glad we won as I just checked the score. After Saturday's loss to Clemson I was afraid to check the hockey score. That was a painful loss by the football team ( But I had a good time as usual )
            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
              Glad we won as I just checked the score. After Saturday's loss to Clemson I was afraid to check the hockey score. That was a painful loss by the football team ( But I had a good time as usual )
              two HUGE drops, don't forget the one in the first period that may have helped set the tone. A game that we could have won..............so MG a scratch?? hmm, I thought with playing time he may get us 10 goals but let Straight keep piling up those minutes!!!

Comment

Don't get Gaudreau either.

Nice to see Teddy put up some good numbers. Don't think anyone here ever understood why he got stapled to the bench at times over the last couple of years.

Comment

Barone was the back up again. Is Billet hurt or has Barone earned the spot?
                  Cam Spiro has looked good (no surprise to me... have always liked his speed & hustle). He's with Sit and Silk. Matter of time before these guys start producing, I hope.
                  I haven't really noticed Sanford, but he's quietly tied with Fitz with 3 points, 2nd on the team. All 3 assists came against RIT.
                  Looking forward to seeing tis team live this weekend.
                  'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                    Barone was the back up again. Is Billet hurt or has Barone earned the spot?
                    Cam Spiro has looked good (no surprise to me... have always liked his speed & hustle). He's with Sit and Silk. Matter of time before these guys start producing, I hope.
                    I haven't really noticed Sanford, but he's quietly tied with Fitz with 3 points, 2nd on the team. All 3 assists came against RIT.
                    Looking forward to seeing tis team live this weekend.
                    Considering Barone played ahead of Billet in the exhibition game (Billet did play the 3rd period), it seems to me as if he has simply taken over as the backup. A bit of a head scratcher when you look at Billet's numbers last year, but then again, I'm not there every day at practice. For those who saw the exhibition, Barone really did look pretty good.

On paper, these are two games BC should win. Take care of business when you can. Every game is important, and more so for a team like this. 3-1 would look pretty good heading out to Denver.

Comment

nice to see your dum bass baldwin go this own espn commercial
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        nice to see your dum bass baldwin go this own espn commercial
                        So, how many your boys gonna put up on the M & MS's this weekend?
                        UMass put up 7 on State. You guys oughta be good for 15, 20, 30... no?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                          So, how many your boys gonna put up on the M & MS's this weekend?
                          UMass put up 7 on State. You guys oughta be good for 15, 20, 30... no?
                          we'll see. mookie is missing that game so i'll have to read about it after the fact.
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Barone did look good in the exhibtion, agreed it is odd considering how Billet has played over the years in games but as you said we're not at practice.

Are the Denver games on the random Fox Sports channel?

Comment

looks like only the friday game at denver is on TV, but only satellite:

Root Sports Rocky Mountain [DirecTV 683, Dish 414]

Comment

last night's quinnipiac-uconn game featured richardson, tanner macmaster, and kj tiefenwerth (yes, he's still in college--transferred from umass). vatrano at umass and piazza at michigan. colin sullivan at miami...missing anyone?

Comment

Working...
                                X