This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Season 2014 - 2015 Thread: PART I

A concern is how bad the PP is but glad they got one today. Santini has got to be more disciplined and not take stupid penalties. They cannot do this against BU and obviously need a strong effort by everyone on Friday to win. No game is easy for this team and UConn upsets UML.
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Nice weekend, thought the Eagles played night-and-day different in terms of quality Friday into Saturday. Conte was also a pleasant visit, my first time there. BC fans were courteous and a joy to talk to during intermission. Hopefully the next meeting between the teams will go differently

One question I meant to ask someone at today's game- seems like Demko flops around a lot in the crease. Is this normal for him, or is something different this year? His hip maybe?
      "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

I don't know what you mean by flopping around but he has surgery for his hips scheduled this off season

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
          . Conte was also a pleasant visit, my first time there. BC fans were courteous and a joy to talk to during intermission.
          glad you enjoyed yourself................Conte IS a friendly venue for sure and it's inhabitants get a bad and unfair rap.......................I think Demko is pretty much like most goalies, dont think he is known for flopping around the ice like a seal and as far as his hip is concerned, if you find something out on your end, let us know. We've been wondering how his condition is all year but he certainly has stepped up his game in the past month. We hope it continues
          Last edited by sterlippo1; 01-11-2015, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
            Saturday GIFs and recap:

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston...astern-huskies

Screwed up and accidentally put "women's hockey" in the tag. Consider it a compliment.

As an aside, to someone who said something about their compete level -- I really like this team. They battle and they are easy to root for. I really hope they earn a spot in the NCAA tournament because they'll be a tough out.
            you the guy who paid for the non-BC women's feed Grant? Why still no Burt yesterday?

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
              you the guy who paid for the non-BC women's feed Grant? Why still no Burt yesterday?
              Lol yes I am.

Burt is in Buffalo playing for Team USA for the U18 World Championship (she is under 18 lol). She'll be back next week.
              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Lol yes I am.
                not that there's anything wrong with it, just sayin

Burt is in Buffalo playing for Team USA for the U18 World Championship (she is under 18 lol). She'll be back next week.
                thanks

Comment

Demko can flop all he wants if he keeps putting up these numbers. now has a .930 SP. GAA with him in there is almost under 2. THIS is what we expected from this team going into the year. assuming that mccoshen will be ready to go Friday. the PK shut down an on fire PP this weekend and the PP. and for as bad as the PP has been, seems like they have been popping in a few lately. you might not believe it but BC is now 16th in team offense. obviously what's missing is a real game changing forward or two but it's huge that calnan and gilmour are starting to emerge. gonna be scoring by committee. with demko as is and finally a full d lineup, they at least have a chance to make some noise.

Comment

Just some things that stand out to me of late...

Eliminating bad 'drop passes' and breakout passes to no one, which had led to odd man rushes the other way. Harvard & BU feasted on this against us.
                    Starting to click with the passing game. The D putting passes on the tape of a forward on the breakout. Crossing the blue line as a unit without coughing up the puck. Eliminating unforced turnovers.
                    Seems to be more chemistry with linemates, where teammates will be, etc.
                    Increase in hitting game... disrupting opponent.
                    Solid team D.
                    Overall, just playing a hell of a lot better as a team.

Still lots if work to do for the Eagles... eliminating bad penalties being near the top of the list.
                    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Agree. Enjoyed the visit if not the score. BC folks seem to have lost some of the arrogance of past years. Not to criticize but I found arena security to be borderline stifling. Some of the ill-tempered "Red Coats" that plagued Matthews in recent years now seem to be wearing orange coats at Conte. Any of the BC regulars think it's overdone?
                      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                        I don't know what you mean by flopping around but he has surgery for his hips scheduled this off season
                        He just seems to end up on his rear quite a bit, even for a butterfly goalie. Maybe it seems that way because I haven't watched him all that closely outside of games with NU. JD has the right idea though, he can do what he wants when he puts these kinds of numbers. He's one of the top goalies in the country for sure. His style just seemed odd to me, but hey, what do I know?
                        "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                          Agree. Enjoyed the visit if not the score. BC folks seem to have lost some of the arrogance of past years. Not to criticize but I found arena security to be borderline stifling. Some of the ill-tempered "Red Coats" that plagued Matthews in recent years now seem to be wearing orange coats at Conte. Any of the BC regulars think it's overdone?
                          I get a kick out of them walking down the aisle and standing at the glass, looking up the aisle during a stoppage of play. It's just a show of, 'we're here', I think. Have never seen them get in anyone's face though, but then I don't sit near the visiting student section. ;-)
                          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

I sit in LL, upper deck. Haven't had any issues. Students weren't there, maybe why the arrogance level was down!

Comment

This is an interesting team to watch. There's talent there, but also huge holes in spots. Lots of talent on D and in net, however.

From a mental aspect, these guys seem to really start going when good things happen but for periods and even games they are unable to get things going for themselves. When they have the confident mojo they really play well. Take the Michigan game for example when Michigan had BC under siege for the first few minutes, hit several pipes (and had a breakaway stopped by Demko) and had a PP. Then Michigan negated it, made a bad pinch and Doherty sniped one. They then proceeded to run Michigan out of the building in that period and the game was simply over. Last night was similar, they were playing hard but just doing nothing. Then Matheson snipes a goal and they managed to poke another one in, both late in the period and that carried over into a great 20 minutes in the second that was really enjoyable (great breakouts, transition, passing, creativity).

I really felt like in the second period some of the lesser guys were skating their asses off and it really got all of the guys going. Smith and Silk were flying out there. Silk destroyed a few guys while staying out of the box - a great way to contribute for anyone not finding the scoresheet. I think these guys need to continue to do that and help inspire the top lines to skate similarly.
                              Originally posted by reBlur
                              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                                we were never arrogant, what ever team is doing great at that point in time makes their fans arrogant, ****es me off no end, you're on top, your fans are arrogant. ok, i get it.........you are very perceptive about our stadium nazis. they herded two tough looking 10 year olds that were having fun in the back aisle back to their seats right behind me. bravo
                                Last edited by sterlippo1; 01-11-2015, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X