This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Season 2014 - 2015 Thread: PART I

I feel like they were lucky to get a point tonight considering after 2 periods they only had 15 SOG

Why do they do that ? They give up too many chances to shoot on net and end up with no shot.

Only the last period they started to shoot more on net. They tend to try for the perfect setup and one pass too many.

As for #5 he is a junior and naturally more is expected of him. He still makes mistakes not expected of s seasoned upper classman.

Also did anyone notice they did a line change with 5 seconds left and NU came back with the puck to almost score the game winner in regulation ?

It was like BC was sleepwalking for 2 periods before starting to play better in the 3rd period. Hopefully they play 60 minutes today.
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
      Why do they do that ? They give up too many chances to shoot on net and end up with no shot.

Only the last period they started to shoot more on net. They tend to try for the perfect setup and one pass too many.

Lather, rinse, repeat.........................Ray, you've watched BC for eons, this is how we do it! I'm very happy with this point IF the can manage a win today. Our guys have shown us some grit. Absolutely have to have this game today

Comment

GIFs and recap:
        http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston...astern-huskies
        Big one tonight.
        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Mccoshen out sick, santini in (maybe because mccoshen is out)

The one area demko needs work is on goals like nu scored...in tight around his pads. Maybe common for guys his size and wonder if hips are issue.

For hoky: nice goal from matheson!

Comment

Calnan scored his team leading 9th goal of the season to give BC a 2-1 lead after one.
            I had no idea Calnan was tied for the goal lead entering this game. Most of them coming I believe since Jerry teamed him up with Smith and Sit. Nice.
            Last edited by FiveHole12; 01-10-2015, 04:00 PM.
            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Refs and linesmen collectively suck today. Simply brutal

Comment

Good stuff from both matheson and savage today...another good weekend

Comment

Good job Eagles!
                  The PP goal to answer the NU goal was a thing of beauty.
                  Good stuff from Calnan and Gilmour today as well. Those 2 are starting to light the lamp on different lines.
                  On to BU and Maine next weekend.

What the hell happened to the Gophers? They looked like world beaters against us, now they can't beat anybody.
                  'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

cant ask for much more from these guys sine the Minnesota game. Nothing will be easy but i like the compete level. The icing call at the end of the second period that resulted in a 2 minute 2 man advantage for NU was ridiculous

Comment

Sterlippo, right on. Supposed to wave it off at the dots and the guy basically didn't call it till the nu skater finally caught up at goal line. Refs and linesmen were bad all day starting with the jabroni who had a different shirt on.

You were also right about crowd. Not bad at all going head to head with pats.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                        cant ask for much more from these guys sine the Minnesota game. Nothing will be easy but i like the compete level.
                        Well said

good 3 point weekend

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post

You were also right about crowd. Not bad at all going head to head with pats.
                          i was surprised it was announced as 4600 or so, thought it was more. My section (MM) was, as usual, a kid fest and i think its great. Really surprised at this Yukon game vs UML

Comment

Nice to have some white uniforms again

Comment

amen, i really like the new (well the old) whites

anyone want to take bets on who sits on Friday?

Comment

Saturday GIFs and recap:

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston...astern-huskies

Screwed up and accidentally put "women's hockey" in the tag. Consider it a compliment.

As an aside, to someone who said something about their compete level -- I really like this team. They battle and they are easy to root for. I really hope they earn a spot in the NCAA tournament because they'll be a tough out.
                                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Working...
                                X