X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Season 2014 - 2015 Thread: PART I

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
    Happy New Year Joe, and to ALL.

Lost in all this mess... great weekend Eagles!!!
    here here! we have a pulse after all. Happy New Year to you and your family as well and Go Eagles!

Comment

1) High quality broadcasts by both Brown and Dartmouth on the call. How many video streams have we watched through the years with total honks doing the play-by-play. Both crews this weekend were excellent. And the video stream was good, too.

Was this ILDN? Those two crews (especially the Brown guys) have often come off as quite biased and give me sensations of deafness.

2) The ECAC refs were very good. Huge step up from Hockey East officials. Good flow to the games, very few questionable calls or non calls, and most noticeably… the video review on the 2nd BC goal took about 6 seconds and when they rightly saw there was no problem with the goal they quickly signaled a goal without 15 minutes of BS and trying to find some reason to wave it off and going back and forth over nothing.

Strange...Myself and others complain about them all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Hockey View Post
        Was this ILDN? Those two crews (especially the Brown guys) have often come off as quite biased and give me sensations of deafness.
        Yes it was. We kind of thought the opposite actually. I thought they were supportive of their side but not dinkus homers.
        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

considering it was known the Pats game would be in 4 PM time slot next Saturday prior to the first playoff games, I'm not optimistic that the BC-NU game scheduled for 4 on Saturday gets moved. Still holding out hope it's moved up or maybe to Sunday...

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
            FiveHole12 knows his chit see you saturday!
            Fivehole hasnt known his chit since the last time he sat on the toilet
            sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              considering it was known the Pats game would be in 4 PM time slot next Saturday prior to the first playoff games, I'm not optimistic that the BC-NU game scheduled for 4 on Saturday gets moved. Still holding out hope it's moved up or maybe to Sunday...
              Gonna be a ghost town at Conte. Thanks NESN!

If it was going to be moved, there would have been an announcement by now since the Pats game time has been known for a week.
              BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
              -
              Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by joegrav View Post

hmmm, i still think that we'll have a good crowd, 5000-6000? but we'll see. Families love that time slot and most of the students are not Pats fans, thankfully

Comment

Originally posted by joegrav View Post

If it was going to be moved, there would have been an announcement by now since the Pats game time has been known for a week.
                  right. figured since most of NESN programming is hot garbage, they could have found a different time slot for this game even if on Sunday. you know, break up the charlie moore marathon or something...

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    right. figured since most of NESN programming is hot garbage, they could have found a different time slot for this game even if on Sunday. you know, break up the charlie moore marathon or something...
                    Must take care not to bump up against Linda Pizzutti's latest "vehicle".
                    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

i'll be there, but then again i'm not a pats fan...

agreed if this game was going to be moved it would've been done already

one year hockey east will realize to not put things up against the nfl

Comment

when was the last time, that in January, BC didnt have a player in the top 20 HE scorers, conference games only or including all games?

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                          when was the last time, that in January, BC didnt have a player in the top 20 HE scorers, conference games only or including all games?

when was the last time a dman led us in scoring? good for doherty

btw a couple of days ago bc confirmed they're not moving the game.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                            when was the last time a dman led us in scoring? good for doherty
                            Here's an interesting stat, BC has one guy over the career 50 pt mark.

Career scoring leaders for BC on the current roster.

Matheson 59 points
                            Doherty 46
                            Straight 46

For that to happen to a BC roster is just crazy. Goes to show you how young the team is, how much they lost last year, and how barren the senior and junior classes are from a pure production standpoint.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

One more interesting stat, not so surprising for people watching.

BC is 7-0-0 when a defenseman finds the back of the net. 4-7-1 without a defenseman scoring.

The Dartmouth and Michigan wins are a good template for BC to follow, they simply need Dmen being more active in the offensive zone to help supplement forward scoring. It clearly helps.
                              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                                Here's an interesting stat, BC has one guy over the career 50 pt mark.

Career scoring leaders for BC on the current roster.

Matheson 59 points
                                Doherty 46
                                Straight 46

For that to happen to a BC roster is just crazy. Goes to show you how young the team is, how much they lost last year, and how barren the senior and junior classes are from a pure production standpoint.
                                That's absolutely crazy. If you asked people to name the top 3, I bet the only one most could name is Matheson.

Expanding out on it, Fitz (41) & Cangelosi (37) gaining on them

Comment

Working...
                                X