X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Season 2014 - 2015 Thread: PART I

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Honestly, I think it's more. Generally, will BC be ok once the deadweight is trimmed? Sure. But "OK" is what BU aspires to be and the rest of the league DREAM of being. BC seems to have lost its identity that made the program so difficult to handle night after night and also put them in position to thrive for a long time. The smaller, speedy guys are gone. I guess we'll see how this works out.
    Care to expound on that? More concern on lineup decisions (Doherty in the seats, etc)? Recruiting (getting more size)? More potential 1 & dones / kids who might head north?

I look at the 'identity of the program' it's starting with incredibly talented players. For the talented players who don't have the strongest chance of an NHL career: buying in and developing on the lower 6 as FR / SO and exploding as upperclassmen (Almeida, SWhitney, etc etc). Mixed with future NHL'ers who stay at least 3 years. Think the results of the 2 upper classes, mainly up front, has thrown off that system.

FWIW I have no inside info but I think Noah is sticking around.
    Last edited by claver2010; 12-02-2014, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
      He is not ready for pro hockey. They told Kreider to stay and it worked out fine. Juniors offers more games, less focus on development and off ice. He is not going anywhere. My observation us simple. Great player, great kid but stop ciddling, hold accountable and make him play the fame right. You owe it to him. Auditioning and over handling the puck, staying out to long etc accomplishes nothing.
      Interesting observation. I never looked at it that way but I can kind of see it.

My view, he is still 17 but plays almost at AHL level already in terms of skill and size but still needs time to get older and more mature to be able to handle the pro game. I would be shocked if he wasn't back at BC to be honest.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

one "issue" is that he was pretty much thrown into an even bigger role due to santini going down early. they are asking a lot of him right now. at the same time, he'll be better off for it when santini returns and for the 2nd half of the season in general.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
          Recruiting (getting more size)? More potential 1 & dones / kids who might head north?

I look at the 'identity of the program' it's starting with incredibly talented players. For the talented players who don't have the strongest chance of an NHL career: buying in and developing on the lower 6 as FR / SO and exploding as upperclassmen (Almeida, SWhitney, etc etc). Mixed with future NHL'ers who stay at least 3 years.
          Smaller speedy players are gone and there aren't a ton coming in from what I can see although I'm not a recruiting weirdo as you've been known to say. We've got a lot of NHL picks with skill and size in the pipeline but where are speedsters? That's what BC brought to the table. Where are the snipers? That is another thing BC always had. Need to get a mix of all these guys not just a lot of solid all around players. I am seeing a move to a roster full of good all around players. I don't know how it will work out.

As long as we can get a full lineup of solid contributors I'm happy but you need to have an identity. After 2012 that disappeared. We did have Gaudreau and Hayes and Arnold but we were neither fast nor big. We got pushed around, weren't fast and had 0 de factor SHGs in 2013. Clear as day to me that we would get bumped by any team with an identity (big/tough OR small/fast/skilled), drew the only team that was neither (UVM), got smoked by BU and then Union. Saw it coming from a mile away. We were a one-line team (which never usually works out) last year with some skill added but obviously the personnel was and continues to be a problem.

How about development? Doherty has developed. After that??? Matheson has regressed.

As I mentioned a week or two ago, coaches have split since 2012... is that affecting the way things have gone?

You have to admit, since 2012 a lot has changed.
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            Smaller speedy players are gone and there aren't a ton coming in from what I can see although I'm not a recruiting weirdo as you've been known to say. We've got a lot of NHL picks with skill and size in the pipeline but where are speedsters? That's what BC brought to the table. Where are the snipers? That is another thing BC always had. Need to get a mix of all these guys not just a lot of solid all around players. I am seeing a move to a roster full of good all around players. I don't know how it will work out.

As long as we can get a full lineup of solid contributors I'm happy but you need to have an identity. After 2012 that disappeared. We did have Gaudreau and Hayes and Arnold but we were neither fast nor big. We got pushed around, weren't fast and had 0 de factor SHGs in 2013. Clear as day to me that we would get bumped by any team with an identity (big/tough OR small/fast/skilled), drew the only team that was neither (UVM), got smoked by BU and then Union. Saw it coming from a mile away. We were a one-line team (which never usually works out) last year with some skill added but obviously the personnel was and continues to be a problem.

How about development? Doherty has developed. After that??? Matheson has regressed.

As I mentioned a week or two ago, coaches have split since 2012... is that affecting the way things have gone?

You have to admit, since 2012 a lot has changed.
            It might just be a coincidence, but it appears to me BC has declined at the same time York has treated a bunch of kids like garbage. I think Sullivan, Piazza, Vatrano, Jeke, Richardson, and Spiro were all hard done by to varying degrees. I think I'm forgetting one or two kids as well. Again, could be a coincidence but I doubt it is.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
              He is not ready for pro hockey. They told Kreider to stay and it worked out fine. Juniors offers more games, less focus on development and off ice. He is not going anywhere. My observation us simple. Great player, great kid but stop ciddling, hold accountable and make him play the fame right. You owe it to him. Auditioning and over handling the puck, staying out to long etc accomplishes nothing.

They were firm with Kreider, Hayes et all, do the same here. It throws off team chemistry
              Comparing #16 pick to #3 is laughable.

Comment

Kreider might end up being the better player and was a steal at 16.
                Top 1% NHL skater

Comment

Top 1% NHL skater
                  Much better than Louis Leblanc that is for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    It might just be a coincidence, but it appears to me BC has declined at the same time York has treated a bunch of kids like garbage. I think Sullivan, Piazza, Vatrano, Jeke, Richardson, and Spiro were all hard done by to varying degrees. I think I'm forgetting one or two kids as well. Again, could be a coincidence but I doubt it is.
                    No BC declined when they "recruited" 1 super player in two recruiting classes and those two classes ended up at BC together.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                      Much better than Louis Leblanc that is for sure.
                      Would Big Nick please take a bow? Thanks for the enlightenment.

Comment

Top 1% NHL skater
                        Too early to tell. Top 1% skater, but a lot of injury issues.

Comment

typical BS from DrewS...usually happens a couple times a year. Vatrano, Spiro and Jeke were "hard done"? Not even close. Colin Sullivan has played sparingly for Miami. Sam Piazza has played sparingly for Michigan. Not even Richardson has been a regular for UConn. Has played in 10 of 14 (not sure if there's an injury there or something). So unless you believe in karma because York had the audacity to cut a player or two (oh the humanity)...these players not being at BC has had zero impact on the current BC team. It's not like they are lighting the world on fire somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                            Too early to tell. Top 1% skater, but a lot of injury issues.
                            Has missed exactly one game this year due to death of grandfather and suffered a freak hand injury last year. Doesn't have a lengthy injury history.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                              Top 1% NHL skater
                              I believe the point was teams would be more apt to allow 16 time to develop vs a 3rd overall pick.
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                                Comparing #16 pick to #3 is laughable.
                                Drew Bledsoe #1 overall. Tom Brady 6th round.

Comment

Working...
                                X