This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Sorry but this is ludicrous. Again, you're just taking it too far.
    How so? I just told you that Mauerman is a top liner on the current BC Roster. Un recruited walk on

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
      Have you not learned that hockey mentality is about what you did on the last shift.
      What does this mean?
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Re: Boston College Season 2014 - 2015 Thread: PART I

Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
        How so? I just told you that Mauerman is a top liner on the current BC Roster. Un recruited walk on
        that's ONE guy. your comment about 99.9% of D1 players having same skill set is absurd. oh, and mauermann is 24. for the most part, they stay away from 21 year old freshmen. you might not like it but they've been recruiting like this for a long, long time and have had more success than any program.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
          and Boninno was on a 1/4 scholarship and BU's 31 year old Dman the year they won natl champ was a walk on

so what??

Comment

two examples for BC that go against what ronnie is saying woukd be matt lombardi and patch alber. both were either walk ons or partial scholarship guys. they were solid 4 year players who contributed to championship teams. milner another. don't believe he was highly recruited. from what i remember he was brought in as insurance for muse coming off surgery at the end of 2009 season.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              two examples for BC that go against what ronnie is saying woukd be matt lombardi and patch alber. both were either walk ons or partial scholarship guys. they were solid 4 year players who contributed to championship teams. milner another. don't believe he was highly recruited. from what i remember he was brought in as insurance for muse coming off surgery at the end of 2009 season.
              Great, you just confirmed what i said..................

Comment

its true. sorry i missed the .9%. 1% of D1 college players are elite. this others can be blind picked out of a hat.

Comment

no i didn't. BC has enough role players who didn't come from the national team, etc

sit from MN
                  straight from BC
                  spiro
                  linell

i could go on. the guys you mentioned are not the guys BC needs. it's the top end talent that is missing.

Comment

don't even know how to respond to that. i don't think anyone else would agree with that. if you could blindly pick 99% of d1 players there would be no need for recruiting/scouting. just randomly assign kids to schools.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      don't even know how to respond to that. i don't think anyone else would agree with that. if you could blindly pick 99% of d1 players there would be no need for recruiting/scouting. just randomly assign kids to schools.
                      I am amazed at the consternation of BC fans about their recruiting. Nothing wrong with this BC team and most D1 coaches would gladly trade lineups. The BU game showed two teams just about even with BU getting two lucky bounces. That game and this season could go either way. It will all depends on the health and the maturation of the younger players.

Comment

Originally posted by meauxmo View Post
                        I am amazed at the consternation of BC fans about their recruiting. Nothing wrong with this BC team and most D1 coaches would gladly trade lineups. The BU game showed two teams just about even with BU getting two lucky bounces. That game and this season could go either way. It will all depends on the health and the maturation of the younger players.
                        Agreed about the BU game. What if they played over their heads? Remember all those BU teams that used to give superior BC squads tough games. BC-BU games are almost always close no matter how different the talent was.

At this point they need to hit the reset button. The schedule has been brutal and no one can deny it. They've beaten some dreadful teams (Umass, CC, RIT). We knew with the defensive style and the loss of offense that they might lose some games like the one they lost to Yukon. Most games they play will be tight. Harvard was an unmitigated disaster. It's a mixed bag of results and there is a lot of hockey to be played.

BUT... if we go into the recruiting, you simply cannot compare this roster to any single one from the last 15-16 years. Especially when comparing 3rd and 4th line personnel. It's a massive gap too. MASSIVE.
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

BUT... if we go into the recruiting, you simply cannot compare this roster to any single one from the last 15-16 years. Especially when comparing 3rd and 4th line personnel. It's a massive gap too. MASSIVE.
                          The Jr and Sr classes (without Gaudreau) certainly leave something to be desired. The Freshman and Sophomore classes have tons of talent, at least on paper. BC's last 2 classes have been ranked top 5 in the country. I think that BC has had more recruiting "misses" than they have been accustomed to from much of their run. Almost reminds me of BU in the early 2000s when they had all these supposed studs coming in from the NDTP that didn't quite live up to their billing. BC has virtually had their pick of recruits. That hasn't changed. Some are just not working out as expected.

DISCLAIMER: Again, I stress, too early to write off this season.

Comment

3-1 BC after two.

Goals by:
                            Sanford... Tuch/Matheson
                            Gaudreau... McCoshen/Hanifin
                            Smith... Sit

We need these guys stepping up.
                            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                              3-1 BC after two.

Goals by:
                              Sanford... Tuch/Matheson
                              Gaudreau... McCoshen/Hanifin
                              Smith... Sit

We need these guys stepping up.
                              yup and I said it before, MG is my choice for unexpected offense this year, kid's gonna put in 10-15 for us if Jerry will put him on the ice

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                                yup and I said it before, MG is my choice for unexpected offense this year, kid's gonna put in 10-15 for us if Jerry will put him on the ice
                                Well, after Tuesday's debacle, being able to connect on three consecutive passes breaking out of the zone would be a huge improvement.
                                I'd like to see them figure that out first. Baby steps.
                                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Working...
                                X