This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Season 2014 - 2015 Thread: PART I

here's a question...who is the best current college hockey player from the NAHL?

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
      Very sorry to interrupt.

Having never rooted for BC until they were the last HE team left in the NCAA tournament this is a bit hard for me to say but here goes.....I'd really appreciate it if the Eagles could win a few games so beating you at home would have a tiny positive effect on UML'S PWR. Thanks and GO BC!

Carry on.
      ah, we have a thread for these kind of sentiments already
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        here's a question...who is the best current college hockey player from the NAHL?
        The best this year is hard to say because it's early, but I can say from last year hellebuyck from lowell. Folin was good too.

Lowell also has Chapie and AJ White who are pretty darn good this year.

However, I agree with you JD - BC Shouldn't change their recruiting philosophy. Frankly, you have way too much talent and the best coach in college hockey. Go with what has been working - plus the classes coming in look really promising for you guys

Plenty of time left guys- you will be there in the end.
        "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
        make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

Great question. To my point Mauerman could easily be a top player at BC this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
            Great question. To my point Mauerman could easily be a top player at BC this year.
            Has he scored a goal yet this year? (Then again Cangelosi...)
            BS UMass Lowell 2015
            PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

that was the string of most consecutive hokydope posts in a row that i agree with, this is weird

quick say something crazy!

Comment

even in the best of times you could cherry pick guys from around the country that would look good in a BC uniform. i don't think that's necessarily fair. reminds me of that epic rant from a-hole jim calhoun when a reporter asked him why he didn't land ryan gomes (after PC beat UConn) and calhoun scolded the guy, telling him he took emeka okafor instead.

IMO, the recruiting needs a slight adjustment, not a complete overhaul. and it's very dangerous to look at the current juniors and seniors and say there is a problem with recruiting. there certainly WAS with those classes, but that doesn't mean there still is. you have to look at the kids they are bringing in now. and when you do, i'm not seeing how you can say BC should be going after the kids mentioned in a previous post.

Comment

Yes, in my eyes that is exactly what BC needs. I would probably be careful knocking Merrimack or UCONN or even the Holy Crosses these days. Their upcoming recruiting classes are far superior and Merrimack will beat BC this year.

"They just scored 10 goals Jimmy, its everybodys net"
                  Not knocking Merrimack at all, huge respect for what Dennehy does.
                  That is though their model and they have to embrace it

Bracco, White and Woods are all high end+

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    even in the best of times you could cherry pick guys from around the country that would look good in a BC uniform. i don't think that's necessarily fair. reminds me of that epic rant from a-hole jim calhoun when a reporter asked him why he didn't land ryan gomes (after PC beat UConn) and calhoun scolded the guy, telling him he took emeka okafor instead.

IMO, the recruiting needs a slight adjustment, not a complete overhaul. and it's very dangerous to look at the current juniors and seniors and say there is a problem with recruiting. there certainly WAS with those classes, but that doesn't mean there still is. you have to look at the kids they are bringing in now. and when you do, i'm not seeing how you can say BC should be going after the kids mentioned in a previous post.
                    Don't necessarily disagree, just want to see the staff expand their recruiting profile outside of NTDP and NHL offspring oh and NHL execs. The reality is that 99.9 percent of D1 caliber players ( not Eichel) are basically the same skill set and can compete just fine. Sure, take a quick shot at the Matthews of the world, but just realize that the rest of them can come from anywhere, that's what the other schools are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
                      The reality is that 99.9 percent of D1 caliber players ( not Eichel) are basically the same skill set and can compete just fine.
                      Sorry but this is ludicrous. Again, you're just taking it too far.

Comment

and why should York look to emulate what other schools are doing? they were in the FF last year and won it all in 2012. they are trying to recover from a couple subpar classes. it looks to me like they are on the way to doing that.

Comment

Don't necessarily disagree, just want to see the staff expand their recruiting profile outside of NTDP and NHL offspring oh and NHL execs. The reality is that 99.9 percent of D1 caliber players ( not Eichel) are basically the same skill set and can compete just fine. Sure, take a quick shot at the Matthews of the world, but just realize that the rest of them can come from anywhere, that's what the other schools are doing.

Bs

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
                            no

in the battle of the red skittles, hoky wins by KO

Comment

and why should York look to emulate what other schools are doing? they were in the FF last year and won it all in 2012. they are trying to recover from a couple subpar classes. it looks to me like they are on the way to doing that.
                              Yeah, Wanna buy an IBM computer. Have you not learned that hockey mentality is about what you did on the last shift.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                                Bs
                                Good one!

Comment

Working...
                                X