This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Season 2014 - 2015 Thread: PART I

5 names. write them down. They are uncommitted, BCHL, they are 19 or 20, they are big , fast, skilled, could play in hockey east now and will be hockey east stars.

G Christian Short Surrey Eagles 6'4" 205
    F Jake Hand Chilliwac Chiefs 6'3" 210
    F Luke Voltin Vernon Vipers 6'1" 200
    D Andy Chugg Surrey Eagles 6'4" 205
    D Bennett Morrison Salmon arm Silverbacks 6'2" 210

I hate to do the BC recruiting job, but someones gotta do it!

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
      5 names. write them down. They are uncommitted, BCHL, they are 19 or 20, they are big , fast, skilled, could play in hockey east now and will be hockey east stars.

G Christian Short Surrey Eagles 6'4" 205
      F Jake Hand Chilliwac Chiefs 6'3" 210
      F Luke Voltin Vernon Vipers 6'1" 200
      D Andy Chugg Surrey Eagles 6'4" 205
      D Bennett Morrison Salmon arm Silverbacks 6'2" 210

I hate to do the BC recruiting job, but someones gotta do it!
      let's just wait for hoky to tell us whether these five can play or not!
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

Fillers
        Not BC material.
        The height and weight stats is laughable. In the the USHL they measure at Fall Classic. Some of these leagues let kids write down what they want.
        Solid players, have seen 3 of the 5. Vernon and Surrey. UVM or Northeastern maybe, BC? Nope

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

Fillers
          Not BC material.
          The height and weight stats is laughable. In the the USHL they measure at Fall Classic. Some of these leagues let kids write down what they want.
          Solid players, have seen 3 of the 5. Vernon and Surrey. UVM or Northeastern maybe, BC? Nope

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
            Fillers
            Not BC material.
            Comment about BC? Nope. Sums up BC's problems in a nutshell. Central scouting heights and weights. Seen them all multiple times in BC and New England. Hope the eagles wake up, Lover of the program.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
              Comment about BC? Nope. Sums up BC's problems in a nutshell. Central scouting heights and weights. Seen them all multiple times in BC and New England. Hope the eagles wake up, Lover of the program.
              So in your eyes Coach York is looking for 21 year old freshmen with 8 points and barely top ten on their team in scoring

Maybe on Natl dev team, not bchl

You have BC confused with Merrimack model
              Last edited by Hokydad; 11-12-2014, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                Fillers
                Not BC material.
                This is why we love hoky. He steps up and answers all questions; takes on all comers. Equivocate? Hoky doesn't know the meaning of the word. I mean that literally.
                if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

i know nothing about the guys ronnieb mentioned but what i do know is white, bracco, wood, etc are all very good recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                    So in your eyes Coach York is looking for 21 year old freshmen with 8 points and barely top ten on their team in scoring

Maybe on Natl dev team, not bchl

You have BC confused with Merrimack model
                    Yes, in my eyes that is exactly what BC needs. I would probably be careful knocking Merrimack or UCONN or even the Holy Crosses these days. Their upcoming recruiting classes are far superior and Merrimack will beat BC this year.

"They just scored 10 goals Jimmy, its everybodys net"

Comment

for once i am with hoky. ronnieb i have no idea what you're talking about

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        for once i am with hoky. ronnieb i have no idea what you're talking about
                        That's cool, I enjoy the banter. My point is BC has become very small minded on its recruiting and it is showing. God forbid they should have a player from the NAHL on the roster. Most other schools are now picking up the best players to win and win immediately. Think of all the time wasted on Milano. He was never coming and I will guarantee Bracco wont be either. waste of time and effort. My advise to York and staff is go after solid players that are good students and want to be in college. Bigger, stronger, faster, older.

Comment

Very sorry to interrupt.

Having never rooted for BC until they were the last HE team left in the NCAA tournament this is a bit hard for me to say but here goes.....I'd really appreciate it if the Eagles could win a few games so beating you at home would have a tiny positive effect on UML'S PWR. Thanks and GO BC!

Carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            i know nothing about the guys ronnieb mentioned but what i do know is white, bracco, wood, etc are all very good recruits.
                            Don't get me wrong, decent players. Though this is just what I am talking about though. NTDP and son of a former NHL'er narrow minded recruiting. Three of the recruits I mentioned all were stars in the NE prep, have played with and against your 3 examples, but narrow mindedness leads me to believe that the staff only see's what it is brainwashed to see and wouldn't know my suggestions if they tripped over them.

Comment

i agree that they have lost their way a little bit in regard to going after kids like milano but you have taken it too far with the players you suggest they go after. York routinely has the youngest team in the country and they win. they don't need older players. where did kevin hayes and bill arnold play before BC? Nobles right? believe that would be the same as calnan and gilmour.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
                                Very sorry to interrupt.

Having never rooted for BC until they were the last HE team left in the NCAA tournament this is a bit hard for me to say but here goes.....I'd really appreciate it if the Eagles could win a few games so beating you at home would have a tiny positive effect on UML'S PWR. Thanks and GO BC!

Carry on.
                                That's funny!

Comment

Working...
                                X