X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Season 2014 - 2015 Thread: PART I

Originally posted by defkit View Post
    I thought it was a very even game. Either team could have come out on top. A post here, a skate there....

- Any youngster who wants to excel in this sport just needs to look at Eichel and Hanifin........it's all about the skating. Eichel didn't really rev up his legs last night, (he definitely didn't have one of his better games, credit to BC), but when he does, even though his stride is a little unique looking, he just gets flying. Hanifin certainly put his smooth stride on display.

- Gilmour and Tuch are beasts. Some serious size.

You guys will be fine. Maybe not a FF, but definitely a tournament team.
    Eichel never looks like he is skating hard and then blows by the dmen
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
      Eichel never looks like he is skating hard and then blows by the dmen
      Not BC's.
      Originally posted by mookie1995
      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
        Not BC's.
        You can't see that far?!? Who are you kidding?
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
          Any truth to the rumor that they are changing the name of HAA to Eichel Tower?
          what have the BU kids done in regards to eichel that you didnt like i get that there will be a certain level of dislike between these two schools when one has the consensus best player but BC was in the opposite position last year and those fans had multiple different shirts with multiple different pet names for their star on them. has BU done anything similar to this or are you just generally upset that eichel picked BU?

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
            what have the BU kids done in regards to eichel that you didnt like i get that there will be a certain level of dislike between these two schools when one has the consensus best player but BC was in the opposite position last year and those fans had multiple different shirts with multiple different pet names for their star on them. has BU done anything similar to this or are you just generally upset that eichel picked BU?
            The post that got your panties in a bunch was made before the game, so I knew nothing about Jack Eichel except what I read on the BU thread. But now that I have witnessed, and since you asked, I think the 'BU kids' should raise their volume on the Jack chant.

To: JAAA...AACK EICHEL, CLAP CLAP... CLAP CLAP CLAP.

Much better. You're welcome.
            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
              The post that got your panties in a bunch was made before the game, so I knew nothing about Jack Eichel except what I read on the BU thread. But now that I have witnessed, and since you asked, I think the 'BU kids' should raise their volume on the Jack chant.

The kids do that with every player.
              Dan oh regan - clap clap clapclapclap

(Not a whole lot of variety with cheers...)

Comment

Not a lot of interest in the 2014-2015 version of the Eagles here? There's no Brian Gionta, no Nate Gerbe, no 'stars by committee', no Johnny Hockey to lead us to the promised land. And boy, weren't there a lot of guys around here fun to watch!?

But, we have a different team now and that's ok in my book. I like this team. I see a lot of heart in these Eagles. They work their arses off every shift. They earn every goal and every stop on the defensive end. It's a very good team even without the usual sprinkling of studs on the bottom lines. Although a small sampling, I think this team can play with anyone. BU wasn't a better team IMO. Both teams were equal, and the Eagles controlled big chunks of that game. A little puck luck and we tie or win that game.

Another tough game tonight against a very good Harvard team. Then again, every game will be a bit tougher this season than they have been in the past, won't they? That's ok too, makes it fun to watch. If the Eagles bring it, they'll be fine.

I'll be where I always am... sitting in my seat rooting them on.
                Go Eagles!
                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  The kids do that with every player.
                  Dan oh regan - clap clap clapclapclap

(Not a whole lot of variety with cheers...)
                  Well tell them to turn up the volume dammit.

Comment

You can't really be worried about HARVARD dropping a 4 game losing streak on ya, are you?!?!?

Comment

this sheds no light on what prompted the original post

Comment

I don't get it. Were BU fans not allowed to dislike Gaudreau last year? F off, Eichel is a superstar who plays for my team's bitter rival. I hate his guts.
                        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                          I don't get it. Were BU fans not allowed to dislike Gaudreau last year? F off, Eichel is a superstar who plays for my team's bitter rival. I hate his guts.
                          Awful comparison. Was Gaudreau a local kid? Did he have the potential to be a top draft pick and a star in the NHL? Even though he isn't playing for Maine I wish Eichel nothing but the best and am excited to see him play against Maine. Kids like him don't come round very often.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

From: Jaa...aack Eichel, clap clap... clap clap clap.

Well, they probably had to raise the volume on that due to the eardrum splitting volume of Conte's PA system. Is that new? I haven't been there in a few years and my headache got progrssively worse as the game wore on. I don't ever recall it being like that. If I were your band director I'd be a little annoyed. More than once the deafening music overplayed the band. And you're so cute.....you knew nothing about him? Riiiiiiight. You don't follow any of your school's reporters/bloggers/tweeters/fans? People have been talking about him - and how he will never show up at BU - since he committed. Though...................your lack of awareness does make more sense now given you still can't fathom how Gerbe could be so bold as to break Colby Cohen's wrist.

And Tony, of course we were allowed to hate Gaudreau. We did! Still do! And we put up with incessant fanboying - to use a BC fan term - over him. Yet, when BU fans do it, all of a sudden you wish someone puts him through the glass.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                              that was basically my question was fiveholes post just because eichel is better than anyone on his team like gaudreau was last year toward BU or did BU fans do something to provoke it

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                                Well Gaudreau flopped all over the ice to get calls and wasn't going to be a top 2 pick in that year's draft so that was totally different
                                GO BU

Comment

Working...
                                X