X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    Remember when we had speed?
    I dont remember too many years in the last 15 that BU looked like they could stay with BC in that dept. Give BC just a slight edge in skating so far

Comment

• Re: Boston College Season 2014 - 2015 Thread: PART I

close but oh so far

credit to bu for winning the 3rd

Comment

• Game of bounces.. that proved (very) true tonight.
        Nevertheless, fun gm to watch.
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
          Remember when we had speed?
          Exactly. Even while BC led, I thought "at least BU isn't chasing these guys as they usually do."
          if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
            Game of bounces.. that proved (very) true tonight.
            Nevertheless, fun gm to watch.
            yep, but people will overreact to this as well. people think BU is a good team, right? well if so, i saw nothing from them that blew me away or that BC didn't belong out there. point being, I think BC can and will turn things around and start winning games. hit a couple posts tonight and as you say BU had a couple nice bounces. pretty even game from my perspective. tough stretch of games for BC. trip out to Denver, midweek at UConn and then BU. that's a heck of a week. time to rest up and regroup.

credit to BU for responding every time BC took a lead. but again, if BU is a good team, BC isn't as bad as this three game losing streak.

Comment

Demko looked slow down low - BU's second and fourth goals both went off him and in. The winning goal may have also hit off of Matheson's skate; but with his size Demko should be able to cover post-to-post better than what he showed on Friday night.

Comment

i would agree with that. even the first bu goal it looked to me like he was off his angle, slow to move over when rodrigues first got the puck. keep in mind he has two bad hips. and that's not an overstatement.

Comment

That was a tough loss. The Eagles played well last night and have nothing to show for it.
                  Both of these teams are good and both still have tons of room for improvement, which we'll see play out over the next few months.

I like the new lines for BC. Fourth line only saw a handful of shifts.
                  Would still like to see Straight and Spiro switch. Spiro would add some energy to the line and he can skate with Gilmour and Calnan. Seems like it's a 2 man line a lot of the time in the offensive zone. Straight is a banger, which those 2 guys don't need. They do plenty of banging of their own.

The schedule doesn't get easier folks. A good Harvard team coming to Conte Tuesday night.
                  'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Came here to see the goals!! But nothing to see... Tony is slipping
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Again, don't think we learned much from last night. Thought they played better than they did Wednesday, some softies from Demko, the powerplay is still miserable an voila!

Man can Noah skate

Again, would be nice if one of those bottom 6 stepped up.

Disappointed in Cangelosi so far this year, really like his game and how he ended last season. Hasn't translated

Comment

Pretty disappointing game for Demko. Was sprawling everywhere and certainly did not look worthy of a 2nd round Draft pick.

I thought BC played very selfishly down the stretch once they got down 4-3. A lot of guys wanting to be the hero as opposed to moving the puck. I think this is also the problem on BC's PP. A team like BC settling for one timers from bad angles or from the blue line makes no sense.

BC has a lot of talent (they always do), but until guys start playing together and not solving for the box score, I'm not sure this team will live up to the lofty expectations and level of talent.

Comment

definitely not his best game, but coming in, he's been really good this year. it's just one game. meant to say this but when you think of vintage BC teams under York you immediately think of high impact forwards that come back for their junior and/or senior years. well, not a one this season. not a single impact upperclassman forward. that is the issue. there is a lot of talent on the roster, but not in this key area. i didn't come away thinking guys were playing selfishly. the PP has not been productive all season so i'm sure they have tried everything they can think of. and if someone like ryan fitzgerald tries making a play on his own...good! i have more confidence in him doing that than a lot of the combinations up front. they are still tinkering with the lines which leads to getting to know how your linemates play.

Comment

I thought it was a very even game. Either team could have come out on top. A post here, a skate there....

- Any youngster who wants to excel in this sport just needs to look at Eichel and Hanifin........it's all about the skating. Eichel didn't really rev up his legs last night, (he definitely didn't have one of his better games, credit to BC), but when he does, even though his stride is a little unique looking, he just gets flying. Hanifin certainly put his smooth stride on display.

- Gilmour and Tuch are beasts. Some serious size.

You guys will be fine. Maybe not a FF, but definitely a tournament team.
                            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                              Disappointed in Cangelosi so far this year, really like his game and how he ended last season. Hasn't translated
                              There was a feed to Cango in the third, back door open net. I'm not sure if at the time it would have put us up by 1, 2, or tied the game (I'm thinking it would have tied the game 4-4)... but he just had to get his stick on it and he scores.
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Sanford is a beast. Great hands. Try taking the puck from that kid along the boards in the O zone. Ain't happening. When he's got the puck on his stick, Fitz and Tuch need to find an open lane for him to get them the puck at the net. He'll get it to them. Impressed as heck with Sanford's game.

Comment

Working...
                                X