This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College Season 2014 - 2015 Thread: PART I

Well maybe looking at how Pitt ran over them, USC thought they could do the same thing and did abandon it when it was not working and time was running out in the 2nd half. Tyler's 66 yard run was impressive and made it a 2-score game again. When BC recovered the onside kick, that sealed it.

If you looked at the Pitt/BC game tape, USC probably had the same thing in mind but the BC defense made great improvements and adjustments in tackling and stuffing the run. Pitt's back Connors alone ran for over 200 yards and BC was never in the game. Yeah it is correct, had USC used the pass more the game was theirs. I think now other teams will do the same now if the run is not there they immediately go to the pass to loosen up the run offense.
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
      No doubt the kids were sky high, but give the coaches a lot of credit here, IMO. That was a great game plan, and well executed, on both sides of the ball. Preparation... BC had an answer for everything USC threw at them.
      no doubt and the Dazzler was some hire huh? the OC is new this year too I believe

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
        Well maybe looking at how Pitt ran over them, USC thought they could do the same thing and did abandon it when it was not working and time was running out in the 2nd half. Tyler's 66 yard run was impressive and made it a 2-score game again. When BC recovered the onside kick, that sealed it.

If you looked at the Pitt/BC game tape, USC probably had the same thing in mind but the BC defense made great improvements and adjustments in tackling and stuffing the run. Pitt's back Connors alone ran for over 200 yards and BC was never in the game. Yeah it is correct, had USC used the pass more the game was theirs. I think now other teams will do the same now if the run is not there they immediately go to the pass to loosen up the run offense.
        we'll have to wait a couple weeks to find out what other teams will do. We have Maine this weekend

Comment

Less than 18 months ago we were sitting here with 1 win over a D1 team, the turnaround Addazzio has had over this program is unbelievable. As I said on Saturday, I was wrong about his hire.

Comment

most promising aspect is they still dont have the passing game they want in place. it will never be a pass heavy offense but wade was a good recruit. weak at WR right now.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              most promising aspect is they still dont have the passing game they want in place. it will never be a pass heavy offense but wade was a good recruit. weak at WR right now.
              Weak is correct. These receivers see their own shadow coming towards them and they cower and drop the ball, untouched. It's a shame the Eagles have no passing threat to add to the game plan.
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

The 2014-2015 Roster is released.

7 D, 14 F and 3 G. Not many spare parts.
                Last edited by FiveHole12; 09-17-2014, 09:22 AM.
                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                  The 2014-2015 Roster is released.

7 D, 14 F and 3 G. Not many spare parts.
                  Quality before quantity
                  Class of 2018--3
                  NHL Draft Status: 1st round, 2nd round, and projected as top 3 in 2015
                  Odds of having a senior class in 2018--astronomical!
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                    That's a good point.
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                      Quality before quantity
                      Class of 2018--3
                      NHL Draft Status: 1st round, 2nd round, and projected as top 3 in 2015
                      One step further:
                      McCoshen, Santini, Calnan, Fitzgerald, Gilmour, and Demko probably play 3 or fewer seasons at BC each
                      Hanifin, Tuch, and Sanford probably play 2 or fewer seasons at BC each.
                      For the 2016-17 season BC's junior and senior classes combined may just be M. Gaudreau, Cangelosi, and Savage.

Comment

i think they're planning on dropping hockey by 2018
                        #fearthequinn

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          i think they're planning on dropping hockey by 2018
                          #fearthequinn
                          With the 234897 recruits Quinn has lined up, BU is going to field 2 teams.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                            With the 234897 recruits Quinn has lined up, BU is going to field 2 teams.
                            If you think the 6 recruits BU has lined up for each of the next two classes are a lot you're going to lose your mind when BC has to bring in about 24 kids in the same time frame.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                              If you think the 6 recruits BU has lined up for each of the next two classes are a lot you're going to lose your mind when BC has to bring in about 24 kids in the same time frame.
                              What will blown my mind is when the 6 bu guys end up in grampies incoming class
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I would expect BC to announce a verbal from a goaltender (or two) shortly. We lose two goaltenders after this season, and Birdsall is iffy..

Comment

Working...
                                X