This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Season 2014 - 2015 Thread: PART I

EA reporter said "heavily bandaged". Has that now changed to a cast? They can get by with one injury on D and one at F, but any more than that while Santini and Sit are out and look out...

Same reporter also indicated that Demko's father said Thatcher will be rested in the game at UConn. In that weekend recap it was also noted that Billet is fighting "issues". That's all it said. So I have no idea what that is all about. Given that Demko is having surgery on both hips right after the season ends, he's probably going to need some games off along the way. By the way, I'm no doctor, but whatever he is having done is supposed to be a "complete cure" of his hip issues. If that's the case and he comes back next year, should have a monster season.

I would agree on trap game if they hadn't just lost the last one. What I don't understand about this game is why on earth would Hockey East put UConn's HE home opener on a Wednesday night. Arena scheduling conflicts? You'd think they'd want that game as a Friday or Saturday night. Everything I've heard in the past suggests coaches hate coaching against former assistants, probably a few reasons why. Will be interesting to see.

Doesn't appear UConn scores a lot of goals but they've been decent defensively minus one outlier at Penn State.

Comment

So if Demko does in fact sit this one out and UConn plays a tight defensive game like they have been, given the uncertainty of BC's scoring depth, don't be surprised by a close, competitive game.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        . What I don't understand about this game is why on earth would Hockey East put UConn's HE home opener on a Wednesday night. Arena scheduling conflicts? You'd think they'd want that game as a Friday or Saturday night. .
        agree, I said the same thing on EA. What are they thinking? Also, Yukon played yesterday so they play fri-sun-wed, weird

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          EA reporter said "heavily bandaged". Has that now changed to a cast? They can get by with one injury on D and one at F, but any more than that while Santini and Sit are out and look out...
          Kid said cast, may be semantics but regardless seems like he's out for a little.

If this was a non-football Saturday or maybe even a Friday I would've gone to this one. Can't justify a Wednesday night.

I have no clue what the Billet / Barone story is.

Not to beat a dead horse, but the bottom 2 lines had 4 shots on net the entire weekend (3 from Destry on Saturday).

Comment

Long shot, since I'm late on the ticket getting game, but I'm looking for a couple for the game on Friday if anyone has any available.

BU Alum '07

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
              Not to beat a dead horse, but the bottom 2 lines had 4 shots on net the entire weekend (3 from Destry on Saturday).
              wow, I'd say that isn't possible. So the 5 other players had 1 in 2 games .

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                This is going to happen on a lot of nights. I'm just glad we have reinforcements so that we are no longer a one-line team. Development of the sophomores has gone a long way plus the immediate impact from Tuch and Sanford. Plus Spiromania.

This isn't our old juggernaut BC. There are going to be more rough nights than we are used to but they will win plenty. Potential is there to catch fire at the right time but the likelihood isn't as good as it used to be either. Expecting contributions from the 3rd or 4th isn't realistic on any night. It's just a huge bonus when it happens.

Need to fire up the powerplay.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Apparently Sit is going to play tonight.

I assume no TV tonight?

Not to beat a deadhorse but why the f are they having this game on a Wednesday night?

Comment

i know the UConn faithful pack the Civic Center or whatever the heck it's called for midweek hoop games. will be interesting to see what the crowd is like as they welcome in their ACC, I mean Hockey East brethren.

Comment

I have to imagine it would be an interesting place to be tonight. Going to be a lot of "fans" there looking for travelling calls and 3 second violations on BC.

This will be similar to BC playing Pedd State last year at their place, which wasn't an easy win. Just get on the board early and take the crowd out of it and impose your will to open up the lead. Want to see a big night out of Calnan, Gilmour and Tuch, and want to see two goals from the PP.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Agreed on Calnan, Gilmour and Tuch. Quiet weekend for them.

Interested to see if the powerplay units are juggled. Wasn't a slow start on the powerplay an issue last year as well? Only listened to Denver but apparently the issues were similar to what usually ails BC's powerplay - too stationary and looking for the perfect shot.

We're all assuming it'll be Demko tonight, right?

Comment

I think they will keep developing as they play more and gain experience. Tuch seems to have the most potential regarding scoring but good to see Gilmour and Calnan meshing together. Obviously they are relying on Fitz to provide most of the scoring and a bonus if Spiro and others contribute too. I like the size and hopefully the 3rd and 4th lines can contribute now and then.
                          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

EA reporter quoted Demko's father as saying Thatcher would be rested tonight. It is not known, however, who the starter would be if that happens.

Comment

Demko in net... http://www.collegehockeynews.com/sch...scoreboard.php
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

UConn 1-0.
                                Who else? Evan Richardson. PPG at 11:32
                                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Working...
                                X