It's Not A Great Day To Be A Seawolf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Not A Great Day To Be A Seawolf

Former UAA Athletic Director Dr. Steve Cobb passed ...

http://www.adn.com/article/20140902/...e-cobb-dead-55

I am proud to say he was my friend. I am proud to have defended him. I'm proud he knew it. Very saddened that my friend (who was only a couple of years older than me) is gone. Humanity is lessened by his passing because he was so very very human. Regardless of his few detractors have claimed in the past this was an Athletic Director who deeply cared about hockey and was just as desperate as any Seawolves Hockey fan to see it succeed at the highest level.

The institutional constraints imposed upon his tenure were not of his doing. You'd rarely meet another person who was as warm as Steve. He was funny and unique. I'll miss him.

Re: It's Not A Great Day To Be A Seawolf

Donald, Dr. Cobb was my personal friend as well. This is a very sad day indeed. I will miss his mentorship to me and the great pride he displayed as a Seawolf. He once told me that his heart was UAA. Regardless what people think of his support to hockey, he was genuine and saw things in a way that equally supported all UAA sports.

I will miss him.

Comment

I was sorry to hear this as well. He took UAA athletics as a whole to another level.
      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Sorry to hear about Dr. Cobb, did not think I would see many Anchorage fans on this because they all wanted his head a while back, but he was a good AD and seemed like a truly nice person.

Comment

Originally posted by birdman View Post
          Sorry to hear about Dr. Cobb, did not think I would see many Anchorage fans on this because they all wanted his head a while back, but he was a good AD and seemed like a truly nice person.
          Don't think it was "all".

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
            Don't think it was "all".
            I said "many" and I am sure they know who they are.

Comment

I really hope they dedicate the new arena floor as "Dr. Steve Cobb Court." That would be such a wonderful tribute to him!

Comment

Working...
              X