RIT Tigers 2014-2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RIT Tigers 2014-2015

With Binnington not playing, the RIT goalies struggled. Need a healthy Binnington playing consistently for the team to have a good year. The best news for RIT from the game was the steller play of the POE Goalie Jenna De Jonge. She is an RIT Commit, 2015/16. She played well and looks like a very solid goalie for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by stanleycup View Post
      With Binnington not playing, the RIT goalies struggled. Need a healthy Binnington playing consistently for the team to have a good year. The best news for RIT from the game was the steller play of the POE Goalie Jenna De Jonge. She is an RIT Commit, 2015/16. She played well and looks like a very solid goalie for the future.
      Ya that is the only good thing us fans took away from last night. We won't have to worry about the future of RIT's goaltending after Ali leaves.

Comment

Saw this was posted yesterday- RIT Women's Hockey intro video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCXXqgmlAzI

(my memory fails me, is this the same video they played on Monday night? I remember parts of it, but not the beginning about the GPC. Admittedly, I was talking and not paying much attention.)
        Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
        College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
        Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
        Men's Frozen Four 2010
        Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
        Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by stanleycup View Post
          Frankly, I thought the goalies were fine. They only allowed two real goals, which is as many as De Jonge allowed. Sure the save percentages were lopsided in De Jonge's favor but that's because we kept peppering her with unscreened chest shots from medium and long range.

I won't deny we need Binnington in net, but her absence wasn't the problem on Monday. We should have scored more than twice.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
            Saw this was posted yesterday- RIT Women's Hockey intro video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCXXqgmlAzI

(my memory fails me, is this the same video they played on Monday night? I remember parts of it, but not the beginning about the GPC. Admittedly, I was talking and not paying much attention.)
            Pretty neat intro video!
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

We saw a MUCH better performance today. Congrats to the team on the GPC's first win.
              Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
              College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
              Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
              Men's Frozen Four 2010
              Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
              Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
                We saw a MUCH better performance today. Congrats to the team on the GPC's first win.
                Agree. It was like I was watching a different team when compared to their exhibition game. RIT dominated the first period Friday night. Great to see such intensity. Not the same performance Saturday but still able to pull out win. I was impressed by the hustle from the freshmen and looks like we got a solid addition to our D from transfer Northcote. Looking forward to this weekend's games especially Saturday against Northeastern.

Comment

Originally posted by PowerForward View Post
                  Agree. ................. Looking forward to this weekend's games especially Saturday against Northeastern.
                  oops ....

Comment

Is Binnington ok?

Comment

Originally posted by NUWH DogHouse View Post
                      Is Binnington ok?
                      Why wouldn't she be? She got second star yesterday.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                        Why wouldn't she be? She got second star yesterday.

Powers &8^]
                        Didn't play today.

Comment

Originally posted by NUWH DogHouse View Post
                          Didn't play today.
                          Back to back games is a good chance for the second goalie to play. Good coaches can manage goalie ice time well

Comment

Originally posted by Callmecoach View Post
                            Back to back games is a good chance for the second goalie to play. Good coaches can manage goalie ice time well
                            Fair enough. Was hoping to see her in net. Was a fan of her brother's when he was at NU.

And sounds like you guys had a great comeback at the end. Best of luck the rest of your season.

Comment

Tough weekend for RIT. That Lindenwood team is much improved from their last visit to Rochester.
                              RIT Tiger Hockey
                              Cinderella is dancing again!

Comment

Unfortunately, Binnington can't pitch a shutout every game. We've got to find a way to solve some of these goalies that are making 30, 40+ saves each night.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Working...
                                X