2015 Hockey City Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Hockey City Classic

Just announced was the field for the 2015 Hockey City Classic at Soldier Field.
    Michigan State vs Michigan
    Miami vs Western Michigan

I'm guessing this means MSU and UM will not have their annual meeting at Joe Louis since Michigan will not want to give up their second home game. Also explains why January 30th and February 7th were TBA on location.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Re: 2015 Hockey City Classic

Interesting.

But I have to be honest in offering outdoor games to other teams. Time to share the experience....

(which is a nice way of putting "again? seriously, how many times do we have to play outside?")

Too bad if the JLA game is lost- we may not have gone too many time recently, but SE MI sure loves that game downtown. Oh, well...

Comment

There's no Red Wings game scheduled for the 30th, and nothing scheduled for JLA then. Maybe UM did sell their second home game for this.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Why western?

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
          Why western?
          Conference game, and by graduates, WMU is bigger than most of your other conference mates. And a whole lot closer to Chicago.

my guess.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            Conference game, and by graduates, WMU is bigger than most of your other conference mates. And a whole lot closer to Chicago.

my guess.
            Tongue in cheek. That was the schools motto after they weren't originally included in the new conference.

I'm ready for another outdoor game. Hopefully the ice isn't **** this time.

Comment

If I remember right the day game (or maybe both games) was almost unwatchable on TV due to the glare the sun had on the ice.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                Tongue in cheek. That was the schools motto after they weren't originally included in the new conference.

I'm ready for another outdoor game. Hopefully the ice isn't **** this time.
                Ah...

So they are not your hockey rivals now- the only other MAC team, and the two largest schools in the NCHC? They should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                  There's no Red Wings game scheduled for the 30th, and nothing scheduled for JLA then. Maybe UM did sell their second home game for this.
                  I'm thinking that the JLA game is the Spartan's home game.

Comment

Interesting.

But I have to be honest in offering outdoor games to other teams. Time to share the experience....

(which is a nice way of putting "again? seriously, how many times do we have to play outside?")

Too bad if the JLA game is lost- we may not have gone too many time recently, but SE MI sure loves that game downtown. Oh, well...
                    Brandon sold out on his Yost patrons. This was our home game methinks.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                      no wonder the season ticket price was lower.

Comment

Ah...

So they are not your hockey rivals now- the only other MAC team, and the two largest schools in the NCHC? They should be.

Different MAC divisions with no recent (any?) history between the schools. On-ice there have been some good games the last few years, but nothing that has sparked any kind of deep seated hated. Wouldn't mind seeing it build over time, but I doubt it's ever going to become overly heated.

But for real, "Why Western?

Comment

I'm thinking that the JLA game is the Spartan's home game.
                          It would make sense. MSU is listed on the left in the "TEAM vs TEAM" template on the Hockey City website, which is normally reserved for the away team. The game on the 30th is still listed as TBA. I'm wondering if Brandon is somehow trying to buy the JLA game from MSU and move that to Yost, but who knows. When do you guys get season tickets shipped out? At this point that might be the only way to find out what happened.

But if it is true... Wow. $300 student football tickets, tickets across the board getting raised, the sky writing incident, and a myriad of other stuff, you guys have to be getting sick of Brandon, right?

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Working...
                          X