• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The NCHC Year Two: Haters Please Form A Queue to the Right

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
    http://www.nchchockey.com/news_artic...rrer_id=878553

NCHC Preseason Poll
    1. North Dakota – 181 points (12 first-place votes)
    2. Miami – 167 (9)
    3. St. Cloud State – 151 (4)
    4. Denver – 117 (0)
    5. Minnesota Duluth – 112 (0)
    6. Omaha – 73 (0)
    7. Western Michigan - 67 (0)
    8. Colorado College – 32 (0)

Let's see, with 25 voters, Colorado College had seven or fewer 7th place votes. Poor Tigers.
    Thanks for the sympathy from all Tigers fans. This year will be different.

Comment

• Originally posted by NatAttack View Post
      In the first year of a new league why is anyone surprised that attendance figures go down? Especially since Miami fell on hard luck last year during the regular season...
      UMD broke their highest attended game record twice. Last year was also one of the highest attended years ever. It probably was the best attended year ever but I can't recall if it was or not.
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        That's not true. Wisconsin has 6 as well. It is true only 3 teams have 7 or more titles and 2 reside in the NCHC.
        Whoops.

Mea culpa.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
          UMD broke their highest attended game record twice. Last year was also one of the highest attended years ever. It probably was the best attended year ever but I can't recall if it was or not.
          For any old WCHA team in the NCHC attendance should not have changed/been even better from excitement of a new conference and the tradition of seeing their traditional foes come into town. For new comers like WMU and Miami, their fans are getting adjusted to seeing a new competition selection and thus may not be as interested the first year.

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Sober Hockey Guy View Post
            Holy crap, rabid is till posting under his wife's name and SCSU is still stealing others material. Good to see life never changes around here!
            Feel free to go back to the penalty box and post there. Oh, wait....
            Originally posted by SJHovey
            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
            Originally posted by Brenthoven
            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
              Feel free to go back to the penalty box and post there. Oh, wait....

Feel free to pound sand. Whats the new Polaris jacket look like.
              http://www.umdpenaltybo*****

2011 NCAA DIVISION 1 CHAMPIONS

TITLE COUNT: tUMD = 1, SCSU = 0

Chris Benoit:Burn in Hell

Comment

Originally posted by not so sober hockey guy View Post
                feel free to pound sand. Whats the new polaris jacket look like.
                DHG!!!

Comment

So since there doesn't seem to be a UMD thread, I post here. Why does the UMD hockey team always use a two-tooth dog logo on their jerseys when the university logo has three teeth? Is this some weird superstition or has just no one noticed? They've been doing it since the mid-2000s.
                  Ryan J

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                  https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                  Originally posted by geezer
                  Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                  Originally posted by manurespreader
                  ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

And it's not just the men's team.
                    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                    Originally posted by geezer
                    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                    Originally posted by manurespreader
                    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

The third (middle) tooth appears to be on all the jerseys you showed. It just appears to be yellow in color. Probably plaque buildup.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        The third (middle) tooth appears to be on all the jerseys you showed. It just appears to be yellow in color. Probably plaque buildup.
                        A subtle nod to DHG, I'd bet.
                        Originally posted by SJHovey
                        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                        Originally posted by Brenthoven
                        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by NatAttack View Post
                          For any old WCHA team in the NCHC attendance should not have changed/been even better from excitement of a new conference and the tradition of seeing their traditional foes come into town. For new comers like WMU and Miami, their fans are getting adjusted to seeing a new competition selection and thus may not be as interested the first year.
                          True. Just wanted to point that out
                          Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                          So since there doesn't seem to be a UMD thread, I post here. Why does the UMD hockey team always use a two-tooth dog logo on their jerseys when the university logo has three teeth? Is this some weird superstition or has just no one noticed? They've been doing it since the mid-2000s.
                          Ryan J

I have no clue why. Just a manufacturing glitch that no one has cared to fix? I don't know of a known explanation.
                          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Most hockey players are missing teeth.
                            It seems only logical that their hockey logo would be missing one.
                            Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                              A subtle nod to DHG, I'd bet.
                              I figured out why you'd use the verb nod in relation to DHG. Just sayin ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Freddie View Post
                                Most hockey players are missing teeth.
                                It seems only logical that their hockey logo would be missing one.
                                I've noticed this too, and this is my guess. You'll notice there's a small gap in the black outline on the yellow tooth too. I've seen some screenprinted replica jerseys with the "missing" tooth also.
                                SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
                                UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
                                Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
                                Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
                                UMD Football: 2008, 2010
                                UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X