2014 fall tournament season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 fall tournament season

What are the best tournaments to see in the east for current high school players? i need to give some advice to both a parent and a coach.

Re: 2014 fall tournament season

Originally posted by LaRondelle View Post
    What are the best tournaments to see in the east for current high school players? i need to give some advice to both a parent and a coach.
    Just missed the BeanTown which would have been a good one

Comment

To see or play in (if she is a high schooler I would think she would be playing)? Regardless, best upcoming I can think of are:

- NAHA Labor Day Tourney (Burlington, VT)
      - Assabet tourney (Concord, MA) - October
      - Stoney Creek (Ontario) - September
      - Rochester Fire on Ice (Rochester, NY) - November - think this is still going on
      - Wizards Christmas Tournament (Bedford, MA)

Forgot One - MA State Championship - U16 and U19 - Thanksgiving Weekend - Usually at the NE Sports Center in Marlboro
      Last edited by HockeyEast33; 08-04-2014, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Depends what you are looking for.

Level of Competition ?
        Development level and age of team (U16/U19 etc) ?
        Exposure to scouts ?
        Scale of Tourney ?
        Exposure to College or Prep Schools ?

If you are from La Belle Province (La Rondelle), your best option for a short commute for a high caliber event would be the Labor Day NAHA showcase. There is both a U19 and a U16 division there. Like Stoney Creek probably sold out a long time ago, if you are looking to enter a team.

Comment

the coach is from east of montreal and wants to see usa girls tournaments for possibly entering a team for next year. the parents want to see how good the talent is for their daughter who is entering grade 8 this year. so it is all about looking now to know what to do for next year.

Comment

the coach is from east of montreal and wants to see usa girls tournaments for possibly entering a team for next year. the parents want to see how good the talent is for their daughter who is entering grade 8 this year. so it is all about looking now to know what to do for next year.
            Labor Day NAHA showcase in Burlington, VT would be a great bet, and a short commute. She should also take in the odd CEGEP game in her own back yard (Montpetit perhaps).

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
              Labor Day NAHA showcase in Burlington, VT would be a great bet, and a short commute. She should also take in the odd CEGEP game in her own back yard (Montpetit perhaps).
              As far as entering a team in NAHA, Assabet, Wizards, etc....it's really not up to you, rather the organizer [Driscoll for NAHA, Grey for Assabet, Fusco for Wizards]. So it really depends not so much on you, but the quality of the team you play for. Those well known tournaments don't normally go 'off the reservation' and tend to stick to traditionally strong teams they know will be competitive.

Comment

this info really helps. merci for the feedback.

Comment

Working...
                X