PDA

View Full Version : Boston Frozen Four tickets

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15

Hockeyfan0862
10-23-2014, 09:00 AM
I have taken the train into the garden many times and the last train out on the weekday is around midnight. weekends is around 11pm. It all depends on which train you take.

gscott13
10-23-2014, 09:02 AM
Quick look at the $250 Lower Bowl Seats shows the following availability:

Section 5 - 31 Seats Available, none together
Section 6 - 2 Seats Available, Row18 Seat7 and R22 S9
Section 7 - 1 Seat Available, R7 S9
Section 8 - 23 Seats Available, none together
Section 16 - 2 Seats Available, R10 Seat11 and R11 S11
Section 17 - 0 Seats Available
Section 18 - 1 Seat Available, R19 Seat5
Section 19 - 17 Seats Available, none together

77 Total seats available

As for the $600 glass seats, here is availability by section. All sections are single seats unless otherwise noted:
Section 3 - 2 Seats
Section 4 - 2 Seats
Section 5 - 3 Seats
Section 6 - 2 Seats
Section 7 - 2 Seats
Section 8 - 3 Seats
Section 9 - 5 Seats
Section 10 - 2 Seats
Section 14 - 6 Seats (One block of 4 and two singles)
Section 15 - 2 Seats
Section 16 - 2 Seats
Section 17 - 3 Seats
Section 18 - 2 Seats
Section 19 - 3 Seats
Section 20 - 6 Seats (One block of 4 and two singles)
Section 21 - 6 Seats (One block of 4 and two singles)

51 Total Seats Available

The Balcony:
Some tickets can be had in groups on the sides, but you're looking at basically 13 rows back. If you want to get closer to the front, look in the corners and the ends.

walrus655321
10-23-2014, 09:43 AM
What I recommend people who find the hotel prices in Boston to be too high to check the MBTA Commuter Rail schedule and pick a hotel in one of the towns serviced by train. The last trains leave North Station (Boston Garden) at around 1am, so you're covered if the late game goes multiple overtimes. Salem has some lovely inns and I have stayed in Lowell several times. Taking the train also eliminates the need to park in Boston, which can be pricey.

I don't recommend relying on the Commuter Rail at all. If games go more than one OT you're likely to be screwed. I was at a Hockey East semifinal a number of years back where the first game went triple OT and the second game didn't START until about 11. Of course, this was back under Menino and the green line stopped running as well, but if this happens you could end up having to leave during the first intermission of game 2.

The last train on the Salem/Rockport line (for example), leaves North Station at 12:10 on weekdays and on Saturday it's even earlier, at 11:30. The commuter rail is just that, for commuters, and late night service is shaky at best. Also, South Station is at least a 20 minute walk from North Station, with no direct subway connection (you'd have to take the Orange Line to State and transfer to the Red Line) so that's not exactly convenient either.

Staying outside the city isn't a bad option if you're willing to drive, and you can usually get decent parking rates if you're willing to walk half a mile or so (Boston is a VERY walkable city)

mookie1995
10-23-2014, 10:50 AM
I don't recommend relying on the Commuter Rail at all. If games go more than one OT you're likely to be screwed. I was at a Hockey East semifinal a number of years back where the first game went triple OT and the second game didn't START until about 11. Of course, this was back under Menino and the green line stopped running as well, but if this happens you could end up having to leave during the first intermission of game 2.

The last train on the Salem/Rockport line (for example), leaves North Station at 12:10 on weekdays and on Saturday it's even earlier, at 11:30. The commuter rail is just that, for commuters, and late night service is shaky at best. Also, South Station is at least a 20 minute walk from North Station, with no direct subway connection (you'd have to take the Orange Line to State and transfer to the Red Line) so that's not exactly convenient either.

Staying outside the city isn't a bad option if you're willing to drive, and you can usually get decent parking rates if you're willing to walk half a mile or so (Boston is a VERY walkable city)

haven't they cut back or eliminated commuter rail service on weekends (of which saturday is one)?

walrus655321
10-23-2014, 12:39 PM
haven't they cut back or eliminated commuter rail service on weekends (of which saturday is one)?

On some lines, absolutely (although there are rumors that they're bringing back some service on weekends on the Plymouth/Middleboro/Greenbush lines).

Regardless, Saturday service is spotty at best and I wouldn't recommend it.

Priceless
10-23-2014, 01:42 PM
On some lines, absolutely (although there are rumors that they're bringing back some service on weekends on the Plymouth/Middleboro/Greenbush lines).

Regardless, Saturday service is spotty at best and I wouldn't recommend it.
What do you mean spotty? Do scheduled trains not run or they just don't have many trains scheduled to run at night?

walrus655321
10-23-2014, 01:49 PM
What do you mean spotty? Do scheduled trains not run or they just don't have many trains scheduled to run at night?

Not many trains scheduled to run, with some lines out of service entirely on weekends (though like I said, a few of the south shore lines are supposedly getting weekend service again soon...unless they cut it again by April)

mookie1995
10-23-2014, 06:02 PM

No longer scheduled

BC/HE
10-23-2014, 06:08 PM
I've usually parked at Sullivan Square instead of Wellington. It is just off I-93, easier to get to than Wellington and just before the traffic funnels into fewer lanes. Rates are good and it is only 2 T stops(less than 10 minutes) from the Garden. They do have fewer parking spaces but usually at night it is not a problem. You could drive there from the Bedford/Burlington/Woburn area in about 20-25 minutes with very good hotels at about $100 a night AAA rate. Plus Burlington is a major retail area north of Boston for your spare time.

Laker Dude
10-23-2014, 06:16 PM

77 Total seats available

As for the $600 glass seats, here is availability by section. All sections are single seats unless otherwise noted:
Section 3 - 2 Seats
Section 4 - 2 Seats
Section 5 - 3 Seats
Section 6 - 2 Seats
Section 7 - 2 Seats
Section 8 - 3 Seats
Section 9 - 5 Seats
Section 10 - 2 Seats
Section 15 - 2 Seats
Section 16 - 2 Seats
Section 17 - 3 Seats
Section 18 - 2 Seats
Section 19 - 3 Seats

51 Total Seats Available

The Balcony:
Some tickets can be had in groups on the sides, but you're looking at basically 13 rows back. If you want to get closer to the front, look in the corners and the ends.

Does anyone know how many rows are in the balcony?

Middle Street
10-23-2014, 06:20 PM
Does anyone know how many rows are in the balcony?

Priceless
10-23-2014, 06:44 PM
Not many trains scheduled to run, with some lines out of service entirely on weekends (though like I said, a few of the south shore lines are supposedly getting weekend service again soon...unless they cut it again by April)

That's why I advised people to check the schedule :p

Speaking of Burlington, I was looking at hotels for November and a lot of the cheapest rates were there, but they aren't serviced by either the T or commuter rail from what I could tell. That seems like a pretty big oversight.

CLS
10-23-2014, 06:47 PM
Another option is Lechmere Square. Parking is cheap and it's a short subway ride (no changes needed) or a not too bad walk to the Garden.

Kinda hard to find and get to for visitors, though.

eddieras
10-23-2014, 07:17 PM
for those parking - check out www.bestparking.com there's also an android app. stayed by the waterfront last summer and of course the hotel wanted $57 night. found a spot two blocks away for $17/ nite

pgb-ohio
10-23-2014, 08:45 PM
Hey gscott, thanks for the latest installment of your inventory. Once again, great work. I presume you purchased less than 4 tickets, and that's why the NCAA website continues to grant you access. Yes?

77 Total seats availableSo for most purposes, Loge sold out at Level 7. And yet, if you're willing to sit in a single seat, there is opportunity here. It isn't necessarily a bad situation: During the actual competition, make new friends while sitting solo, possibly with USCHO posters. Then, after every period, meet up with the usual gang in the concourse. It's not for everyone, no confusion there. But if getting into Loge at face value tops your wish list, it's something to consider.

Next, I'd note that 77 is a rather large number of singles. It may take the rest of the lottery to exhaust that many. So perhaps another positive for those still waiting to purchase.

Also, notice that most of the singles are in the corners -- a better location than directly behind the net IMHO.

Last but not least, for the Priority 6 buyers who get their chance tomorrow, I'd seriously consider grabbing those 2 seats in Section 16. One seat right in front of the other can work. You can communicate verbally whenever you want. And who knows, once your neighbors notice you're together, you might be offered a trade that gets you side-by-side anyhow.

Section 3 - 2 Seats
Section 4 - 2 Seats
Section 5 - 3 Seats
Section 6 - 2 Seats
Section 7 - 2 Seats
Section 8 - 3 Seats
Section 9 - 5 Seats
Section 10 - 2 Seats
Section 15 - 2 Seats
Section 16 - 2 Seats
Section 17 - 3 Seats
Section 18 - 2 Seats
Section 19 - 3 Seats

51 Total Seats AvailableHmm. If you're well-funded and you absolutely, positively don't want to work the secondary market, those blocks of four look pretty tempting. Or, if well-funded and glass seats are dream seats, then by all means indulge. Absent one of those two scenarios, though, purchasing at that price point really doesn't make sense.

The Balcony:
Some tickets can be had in groups on the sides, but you're looking at basically 13 rows back. If you want to get closer to the front, look in the corners and the ends.I'm guessing this leaves enough balcony seats to serve buyers down through at least Level 4. Beyond that, who knows?

gscott13
10-23-2014, 09:15 PM
Hey gscott, thanks for the latest installment of your inventory. Once again, great work. I presume you purchased less than 4 tickets, and that's why the NCAA website continues to grant you access. Yes?

I purchased 3. Was going to get 4 but the guy that was going to go is out of b town that week.

pgb-ohio
10-23-2014, 11:47 PM
I purchased 3. Was going to get 4 but the guy that was going to go is out of b town that week.Perfectly reasonable. I also do what I can to avoid getting caught with extras, particularly singles. IIRC & FWIW, I only purchased 3 for St. Louis.

Anyhow, your 4th guy's loss is our gain. Unless I'm missing something, you can't get back on the NCAA seating chart after purchasing the full complement of 4 ticket packages. But with only 3 tickets purchased, window shopping is still permitted -- hence your ability to update the inventory. Again, thanks.

J.D.
10-24-2014, 11:16 AM
how much are the remaining balcony tix going for?

bigblue_dl
10-24-2014, 11:27 AM
I think I've finally got the wife on board with going to Boston for the FF this season. Planning to book the trip after we get back from our honeymoon, probably sometime in December. Haven't decided on a plan for the hotel yet, probably will figure out where other people we know will be and just go there. Will have to get tickets on the secondary market somewhere, there always seems like there are some tickets available somewhere.

Jaws
10-24-2014, 12:41 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to all who posted info on this thread. It was a big help to me and many others. Again, thanks.