X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston Frozen Four tickets

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
    As of 5pm EST here is what is available in the lower bowl:

$600 seats - Can be had in all sections but #12. Groups and singles available.
    $250 seats - Single seats only remain in Sections 5(47), 6(15), 7(14), 8(39), 16(27), 17(10), 18(9)
    seats remaining in parenthesis

Section 19 has 40 single seats and one block of 5 available in row 25

Balcony on the sides can still be had, but you're essentially limited to row 9 or so and higher up
    Thanks, especially for researching the $600 seats. With 10 priorities to go, the ticket situation doesn't look too promising to me. We may be back to the lottery.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
      ...With 10 priorities to go, the ticket situation doesn't look too promising to me.
      I'm a Priority 2 and getting concerned there might not be anything left when my turn comes up. I guess I'd be happy to get tickets even if they're high in the upper level, but after having Row 2 (upper level) in both Philadelphia and Pittsburgh I'll be disappointed in what I consider "worse" seats.

I understand why demand is higher for Boston (established college hockey market, many schools within driving distance for fans/supporters, people buying their max. allotment for friends/family who want to go because of the location etc....). If I do get shut out I don't think I'd purchase from the secondary market. After seeing the asking prices the past 2 years I can only imagine what the Boston FF tickets would cost. Supply and demand...

Comment

Originally posted by Hoover View Post
        I'm a Priority 2 and getting concerned there might not be anything left when my turn comes up. I guess I'd be happy to get tickets even if they're high in the upper level, but after having Row 2 (upper level) in both Philadelphia and Pittsburgh I'll be disappointed in what I consider "worse" seats.

I understand why demand is higher for Boston (established college hockey market, many schools within driving distance for fans/supporters, people buying their max. allotment for friends/family who want to go because of the location etc....). If I do get shut out I don't think I'd purchase from the secondary market. After seeing the asking prices the past 2 years I can only imagine what the Boston FF tickets would cost. Supply and demand...
        If you waited long enough in Philly, tickets were going for half price, though I too believe that Boston will turn out to be a "hard" ticket. As of this moment there are 248 tickets available on the previously mentioned secondary sales website. Aftermarket Prices today are $400 to $1,000 each for an all session ticket.
        Last edited by LTsatch; 10-13-2014, 09:24 PM.
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
          If you waited long enough in Philly, tickets were going for half price, though I too believe that Boston will turn out to be a "hard" ticket. As of this moment there are 248 tickets available on the previously secondary sales website. Aftermarket Prices today are $400 to $1,000 each for an all session ticket.
          You're correct about waiting - but I'm the type that likes to have everything (tickets/hotel/flights, etc..) taken care of well in advance. I will keep an eye on the secondary market as the FF approaches should I fail to get tickets through the priority process. I think the NCAA pricing is already high, but I'll pay $500 for a pair - even for high upper-level seats. As much as I want to go to Boston (hotel already booked), I won't pay double (or more) for 3 games.
          Last edited by Hoover; 10-13-2014, 09:48 PM.

Comment

HOw did I drop to prority 14?
            I was like an 8 last year?

Comment

As of 5pm EST here is what is available in the lower bowl:

$600 seats - Can be had in all sections but #12. Groups and singles available.
              $250 seats - Single seats only remain in Sections 5(47), 6(15), 7(14), 8(39), 16(27), 17(10), 18(9)
              seats remaining in parenthesis

Section 19 has 40 single seats and one block of 5 available in row 25

Balcony on the sides can still be had, but you're essentially limited to row 9 or so and higher up
              Thanks for doing that inventory. It's a real service to those next in line. Much appreciated.

Originally posted by Hoover View Post
              I'm a Priority 2 and getting concerned there might not be anything left when my turn comes up.
              A legitimate concern; sales are obviously picking up steam. But don't give up just yet. gscott's report mostly concerns the lower bowl. As far we can tell, the Balcony ends are still wide open, along with the higher rows on the sides. Whether that availability will last all the way to the lowest priority levels now appears to be less than a sure thing. But in terms of # of seats, a good percentage of the public allotment is still on the market. Stay tuned.

I guess I'd be happy to get tickets even if they're high in the upper level, but after having Row 2 (upper level) in both Philadelphia and Pittsburgh I'll be disappointed in what I consider "worse" seats.
              Very understandable. I'd quibble with you if said you were surprised; the choice of the host city almost guaranteed that most would experience some loss of position. But the rest of your comments indicate that you understand this clearly. Not surprised but disappointed? You're entitled to that.

The only thing I'd add is that all of us should re-assess the lottery results at the conclusion of the process. "Disappointed" may mature into "Disappointed with location, but pleased to gain admission at face value." Certainly that was a widespread reaction in 2004 when so many fans were shut out altogether. I guess by Thanksgiving we'll all know whether or not we're thankful for our tickets...

Comment

Painfully went through all of the balcony sections. As of midnight on 10/14 here is the availability in the balcony. A couple of things to note. If there are 200+ seats, the section is largely full. That said, very few seats are available in the first 5 rows of the balcony. If you are looking to get lower in the balcony, look to the sections with the highest number of seats available. Also of note, given the limited availability of seats in sections 314 and 329, anticipate those being where the school bands will be. Without further ado:

Section - Seats Available
                301 - 46
                302 - 119
                303 - None
                304 - 200
                305 - 187
                306 - 220
                307 - 170
                308 - 191
                309 - 181
                310 - 221
                311 - 223
                312 - 187
                313 - 201
                314 - 9 (last row, band?)
                315 - 118
                316 - 46
                317 - 131
                318 - None
                319 - 203
                320 - 191
                321 - 229
                322 - 160
                323 - 201
                324 - 214
                325 - 211
                326 - 235
                327 - 191
                328 - 192
                329 - 9 (last row, band?)
                330 - 120

4,606 seats in the balcony
                Last edited by gscott13; 10-14-2014, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Painfully went through all of the balcony sections. As of midnight on 10/14 here is the availability in the balcony...
                  Thanks for that...maybe the situation isn't quite as bad as I think it is (at the moment). I'll keep my fingers crossed that I'll get in...and maybe won't have to sit in the top rows.

Comment

Painfully went through all of the balcony sections. As of midnight on 10/14 here is the availability in the balcony. ...

Wow, impressive work! How long did it take for your eyes to recover from reading all those characters written in amusement park mirror font? Or did you find a way to bypass it?

So that means that about a quarter of the seats remain. Sounds like a sellout to me. I assume that folks in higher priorities can still buy tickets. If they skipped their first chance, they may now jump in since they'll be able to unload them on the secondary market with little risk.

Comment

Wow, impressive work! How long did it take for your eyes to recover from reading all those characters written in amusement park mirror font? Or did you find a way to bypass it?

So that means that about a quarter of the seats remain. Sounds like a sellout to me. I assume that folks in higher priorities can still buy tickets. If they skipped their first chance, they may now jump in since they'll be able to unload them on the secondary market with little risk.

little risk?

if they have ABSOLUTELY NO intention of coming that carries a lot of risk. 1) these are not cheap tickets. so depending on the teams that make it a casual walk up (stubhub'er) would frown on paying out over 100 for a balcony seat. 2) it IS up in the northeast so you better hope that the teams that make it and need tickets are local to capture that walk up crowd.

the high up front cost for what are now borderline crappy seats now makes this a risky ticket if you are only looking to carry the paper for 6 months and get a nice return on your capital.
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        little risk?

if they have ABSOLUTELY NO intention of coming that carries a lot of risk. 1) these are not cheap tickets. so depending on the teams that make it a casual walk up (stubhub'er) would frown on paying out over 100 for a balcony seat. 2) it IS up in the northeast so you better hope that the teams that make it and need tickets are local to capture that walk up crowd.

the high up front cost for what are now borderline crappy seats now makes this a risky ticket if you are only looking to carry the paper for 6 months and get a nice return on your capital.
                        Fair enough, Mookie. When I said "little risk" I meant little risk of having to eat the ticket. I wasn't talking about the professional scalpers; I think they've been pretty much gone since Columbus (the Frozen Four, not Christopher). I was thinking more about the fan who wants to be sure he has a seat if his favorite team makes it and is willing to sell for face in case his team doesn't. I think the risk of not getting a ticket or having to pay a premium is greater than the risk of having to eat your ticket or dump it for a big loss. I'm not expecting emails the day of the game announcing that there are still tickets available at the box office like I got last year.

Comment

Fair enough, Mookie. When I said "little risk" I meant little risk of having to eat the ticket. I wasn't talking about the professional scalpers; I think they've been pretty much gone since Columbus (the Frozen Four, not Christopher). I was thinking more about the fan who wants to be sure he has a seat if his favorite team makes it and is willing to sell for face in case his team doesn't. I think the risk of not getting a ticket or having to pay a premium is greater than the risk of having to eat your ticket or dump it for a big loss. I'm not expecting emails the day of the game announcing that there are still tickets available at the box office like I got last year.
                          i guess.. but even on our ticket board the last couple years i've read people offering at steep discounts after their team didn't make it.
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by SecE View Post
                            HOw did I drop to prority 14?
                            I was like an 8 last year?
                            Time flies when you are having fun. You are a 14 SecE, you should just show up to a FF once in a while.

Comment

Painfully went through all of the balcony sections. As of midnight on 10/14 here is the availability in the balcony. A couple of things to note. If there are 200+ seats, the section is largely full. That said, very few seats are available in the first 5 rows of the balcony. If you are looking to get lower in the balcony, look to the sections with the highest number of seats available. Also of note, given the limited availability of seats in sections 314 and 329, anticipate those being where the school bands will be. Without further ado...

... 4606 seats in the balcony
                              Excellent work on Loge, flat out AWESOME work on the balcony!

Combining your two counts, 4,812 seats are still available. The remaining glass seats are not included in that number.

So that means that about a quarter of the seats remain. Sounds like a sellout to me...
                              If my quick search is accurate, the Garden seats 17,565 for hockey. The typical host makes roughly 50% of the arena available to the public. By all accounts the percentage was much lower in 2004. But as things have unfolded so far, it looks like the usual 50/50 split may apply this time.

Going with that, we might guess that with 8 of the 18 levels having selected, roughly half of the public allotment has been spoken for. And, as CLS notes, roughly a quarter of the total seats in the building remain. So it's at least possible that there will be a "bubble level" for the first time in many years.

Comment

Painfully went through all of the balcony sections. As of midnight on 10/14 here is the availability in the balcony. A couple of things to note. If there are 200+ seats, the section is largely full. That said, very few seats are available in the first 5 rows of the balcony. If you are looking to get lower in the balcony, look to the sections with the highest number of seats available. Also of note, given the limited availability of seats in sections 314 and 329, anticipate those being where the school bands will be. Without further ado:

Section - Seats Available
                                301 - 46
                                302 - 119
                                303 - None
                                304 - 200
                                305 - 187
                                306 - 220
                                307 - 170
                                308 - 191
                                309 - 181
                                310 - 221
                                311 - 223
                                312 - 187
                                313 - 201
                                314 - 9 (last row, band?)
                                315 - 118
                                316 - 46
                                317 - 131
                                318 - None
                                319 - 203
                                320 - 191
                                321 - 229
                                322 - 160
                                323 - 201
                                324 - 214
                                325 - 211
                                326 - 235
                                327 - 191
                                328 - 192
                                329 - 9 (last row, band?)
                                330 - 120

I would guess the bands will be in 307 and 322. Their comparison sections 310 and 325 have many more seats. 329 and 314 are like 318 and 303 so I would guess those are for the participating schools since they all are essentially gone. They would coincide with the lower bowl below them for each participating school.

Comment

Working...
                                X