Boston Frozen Four tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston Frozen Four tickets

Couldn't agree more. The below material was first posted as #71 on this thread. Hope it saves buyers some keystrokes for a little while longer...

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
    Best Seats Still On The Board
    9/30/2014

Obviously this information is going to become dated pretty quickly. But I'm hoping it will be helpful for several days. Even if the exact seats mentioned are gone, the idea is to give you a fairly specific idea of where the best values are. If I can help a few posters streamline their searches -- and avoid some portion of the burdensome security -- it will have been worth it.

Also, let me send out a quick additional thanks out to "Priority 18." He sent me a second e-mail Sunday evening with this type of information. It was helpful and appreciated.

Lowest Row
    Row 3 in Loge 5, Loge 8 and Loge 19

Are There ANY Tickets in the Lower Bowl on the Sides?
    The best answer is no. But some may find Loge 20 appealing. In comparison to all of the other available Lower Bowl sections, it is somewhat "around the corner." The Top Rows (23-26) were available. Note that none of the analogous sections in the other three corners of the building - Loges 4, 9 or 15 -- were available to the public.

EDIT: It's worth noting that the Loge 20 seats are at Club Level height. For some that may make these seats the elusive diamond in the rough.

Scout's View Seats
    Best Selection is in Loge 5 & Loge 19. Mostly Open. Choose Row according to taste. The other Scout's View sections, Loge 8 & Loge 16, have a better view of the Team Benches. Most likely that is why they are more picked over. Still a good number of seats to choose from.

Bruins Shoot Twice Seats
    Just an educated guess at best, but maybe the top Eastern seed will shoot twice at this end. If that's attractive to you, go with Loge 5 or Loge 8. Obviously no guarantees.

Row One Balcony
    Still available in the Balcony Corners, Selling for $205. Best options IMHO are Sections 305, 312, 320 & 327. Tons of seats, including Row One, are open in Sections 306, 321 & 326.
    **FWIW, Section 320, Row 1 was my Second Choice.** Still wondering if I did the right thing. Ultimately I decided to stay downstairs. But from a value perspective, a good argument can be made that the front row balcony seats are the best remaining option. I've only been to the Garden a handful of times, but IIRC steepness of the seating (or lack thereof) is something of an issue. Sit in Row 1, it becomes a non-issue. Again, FWIW.

Best of luck to all buyers.
    Note that Priority 15s can officially join the fray Friday morning...
    Last edited by pgb-ohio; 10-02-2014, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Priority 15 and just purchased this AM. Thanks for many of the tips. After being downstairs for years on the corners and low opted to go upstairs in Boston if row 1 was available and thanks to tips first section I checked in 320 was so I grabbed them. At the same time a friend of mine (not well coordinated on our part) was doing the same in 305. Interested to hear what was available downstairs today, decided to start with a row 1 search and got what I wanted and saved $180 to boot!

Comment

Just purchased our seats in Loge 18, row 6. Behind the net about the same location we chose for Philly. Only end zone seats were available in the lower bowl, excluding the front row $600 seats which I did not bother to check. There were seats available in the middle rows.

By the way, I had priority 15.
        Last edited by The Freds; 10-03-2014, 09:30 AM.

Comment

I'm always in balcony row 1 for the Beanpot and it's a good view.

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
            ...opted to go upstairs in Boston if row 1 was available and thanks to tips first section I checked in 320 was so I grabbed them.
            You grabbed my "Silver Medal" seats; good for you. Be sure to post your opinion of this vantage point after the tournament. Heck, I may come upstairs between periods to check out the view for myself! They do sound good.

Originally posted by walrus655321 View Post
            I'm always in balcony row 1 for the Beanpot and it's a good view.
            Sounding even better, given this report from a veteran Garden fan.

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
              Only end zone seats were available in the lower bowl, excluding the front row $600 seats which I did not bother to check...
              Hoping a future buyer will search on the $600 seats, selecting Best Available, then report back.

Certainly not faulting The Freds for skipping that; I did the exact same thing. But it would be interesting to know if the $600 allotment includes glass seats on the sides, if only for "academic" purposes.

Comment

I am a Priority 16 and purchased seats in Loge7 between Row 5 and Row 10. I'm not thrilled about having to look through the glass, however. Is this going to be a major problem? In other words, could I have done better and if so, where?

Comment

I'm on one end,lower bowl center aisle Row 15. Seems their are less good seats available this year?
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Edge View Post
                    I am a Priority 16 and purchased seats in Loge7 between Row 5 and Row 10. I'm not thrilled about having to look through the glass, however. Is this going to be a major problem? In other words, could I have done better and if so, where?
                    Need some local input on this one. In most rinks I'm fine with looking through the glass, but I suppose it can vary. Anyone have Garden-specific info?

In this day and age, the netting protecting the crowd is also a factor. IIRC, the white netting is better for the in-house crowd, but black netting is better for television. As a result, most NHL rinks opt for black. But I don't actually know what the Garden uses. Anyone?

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    I'm on one end,lower bowl center aisle Row 15. Seems their are less good seats available this year?
                    It's still very early. So far, I'm sticking with my first impression: Fewer good seats than Philly 2014, but rather similar to Pittsburgh 2013. But before making a final judgment, let's see what those at the lower priority levels have to choose from.

Comment

• Re: Boston Frozen Four tickets

i find the slope rather flat in the building and it therefore is an issue to look into the far near corner while in the loge. many times you'll find your eyes looking up at the jumbletron to see what's going on while sitting down there.
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I was Priority 15 also Loge 16 Row 8 Want to eat Lobster on April 11th
                        UW Hockey NCAA Champs 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

Comment

• Originally posted by Terry Switzer View Post
                          I was Priority 15 also Loge 16 Row 8 Want to eat Lobster on April 11th
                          Go to the No Name.

Priority 14, got loge 5, row 3. I'm good with that.

Comment

Priority 13

Only lower bowl seats available were behind net.

Ended up with Loge 18, Row 18. That's actually good for us; we're OK sitting behind the net, and Row 18 is (I think) near where you enter, so we don't have to go up or down too many stairs and don't have to crawl over too many other people to get to our seats.

Overall, I'd say that the tickets available to us weren't as good as Philadelphia. For Philly we were able to get seats that were more or less on the blue line. That's not a big deal to us (the game is different and in some cases to me more interesting from behind the net) at the cost of being farther from the action. So everything taken into account, I'm happy.

One thing I'm curious about though. The sections in the lower bowl with seats available were 5-8 and 16-19. I wonder where the school allotments will be -- 4, 9, 15, and 20 maybe?

Comment

A 14 buddy bought tickets for us on Monday, and we are in 317 row 6. The only other lower seats (with 4 seats together) were in 312 row 2. Getting 4 seats together limited our options I would think.
                              Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                                A 14 buddy bought tickets for us on Monday, and we are in 317 row 6. The only other lower seats (with 4 seats together) were in 312 row 2. Getting 4 seats together limited our options I would think.
                                Was he perhaps looking for $200 seats or didn't want to sit behind the goal? See my post below (103). I had no trouble getting four seats together.

Comment

Working...
                                X